Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 11:40 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Why would anyone expect the major media outlets to over-report a competing network's event? It was organized by Fox, paid for by Fox and executed by Fox, with Fox entertainment personalities as focal points. As Fox has stated, they are in the entertainment business rather than the news reporting business. Just because the competing media, IE: newspapers and other TV networks didn't treat it as the second coming of Christ as Beck would have liked doesn't equate to biased reporting.
I see that you didn't see the CBS estimate of the number as biased. Maybe they dropped a zero before they reported it. I don't know about that but the old hands say that in just the areas on each of the pool up to the trees you get 200,000. Now there were people under the trees on the right and at least another 150k to 200k on the left hand side in the grass.

I was shocked at the way the MSM kept saying that thousands attended instead of hundreds of thousands. They wanted to affect the thinking of people and did manage to affect the thinking of the progressives with that kind of talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishCream View Post
Someone good with Photoshop could have a field day with that image if so inclined.
And you don't think it will happen? Beck has already said he won't run and stated reasons but the left side of things just won't let his words affect their thinking. They will take something like this and run with it.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:42 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The MLK speach on the same day years ago was just a "rally" too. Why is it still remembered?
This might help:

Old 08-31-2010, 11:49 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,724 times
I am just glad that so many showed up. Of course the left is fibbing the numbers. But the truth is the truth. Wether Obama likes it or not, not everyone buys into his crap. And as usual, he's not paying attention to what is going on in this country.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:00 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see that you didn't see the CBS estimate of the number as biased. Maybe they dropped a zero before they reported it. I don't know about that but the old hands say that in just the areas on each of the pool up to the trees you get 200,000. Now there were people under the trees on the right and at least another 150k to 200k on the left hand side in the grass.

I was shocked at the way the MSM kept saying that thousands attended instead of hundreds of thousands. They wanted to affect the thinking of people and did manage to affect the thinking of the progressives with that kind of talk.
Ah, Roy, don't let the numbers game get you down. There were ALOT of people at this rally. I'll be the first to acknowledge that. I'll also acknowledge that there are a lot of good people who are angry and confused with the state of our nation and are turning out to voice their discontent. Unfortunately they are being led by a disfunctional radio personality with a talent for spouting emotional, populist generalizations. He is selling colored water to the masses and calling it elixer. IMHO. Once again, I say that the Tea Party are being played for fools and marching to an agenda they have no clue wherein the path leads.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
This might help:
Are you fishing for the $100,000 reward offered for anything bad on Beck? As he said himself you won't find much in the last 10 years but in the preceding yours you may find much.

I see that you are comparing the kind of experience of two men but it is not important that Obama had no experience running anything other than campaigns.

For some reason I didn't hear Beck trying to outdo King and little about King at all. Of course, you watched on TV with bated breath, didn't you?

Old 08-31-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
I am just glad that so many showed up. Of course the left is fibbing the numbers. But the truth is the truth. Wether Obama likes it or not, not everyone buys into his crap. And as usual, he's not paying attention to what is going on in this country.
Not paying attention, you say? TheWon himself said that he saw nothing at all important in that rally so he didn't take the time from his vacation in New Orleans to even watch any part of it.

Now lefties, lets hear you squealing about his visit to New Orleans at a time of celebration as something other than a vacation full of photo ops. I will await those attacks, breathlessly.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:08 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
I for one am feeling completely let down by the rally. It's as if once Beck got all those people together, he hadn't really thought of anything worthwhile to say.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Ah, Roy, don't let the numbers game get you down. There were ALOT of people at this rally. I'll be the first to acknowledge that. I'll also acknowledge that there are a lot of good people who are angry and confused with the state of our nation and are turning out to voice their discontent. Unfortunately they are being led by a disfunctional radio personality with a talent for spouting emotional, populist generalizations. He is selling colored water to the masses and calling it elixer. IMHO. Once again, I say that the Tea Party are being played for fools and marching to an agenda they have no clue wherein the path leads.
Careful how you say that. You say there are many people very unhappy with where we are today and then try to make it out that they are all Tea Party people. The most prominent Tea Party signs I saw in that group were on the bodies of young black men. Lets hear you and the MSM deal with that.

The saddest thing about your post was that Beck is a former radio personality, disfunctional (sp) with a talen for spouting emotional pleas.

I think that he delivered one helluva speech without teleprompters to assist him. He showed his notes that he writes down to keep him going when he speaks. Oh yes, he did a great job that may well rank right up there with anything Obama has read from his teleprompters ever.

Oh wait, he is a radio personality, you say, who is supposed to be able to ad lib so very well. Well now he strayed quite a way from the lectern where his notes were and kept right on going, again without teleprompter help.

I say these things to you because I haven't seen anyone else mention this part of his "act" as the left says it was.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:16 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,288,273 times
Wow, nothing screams "liberal media" like headlines such as, 'Heal this Nation', 'Utahns rally with Beck' and 'Beck, Palin advocate restoring America.' Oh my!!

Why not compare the number of mentions of Beck's rally to how many newspapers carried the much larger anti-war and anti-RNC rallies in the first half of the decade to see where the power is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies