Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 12:33 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,464,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
This might help:
Really dude. Are you that dense to actually think that something like this is actually a realistic and fair representation of two people. MLK was caught cheating during college IIRC. I'm sure he got a speeding ticket or a parking ticket. Using "on air pranks" on a comedy skit show as a comparison... moronic. Learn to use intelligence. I'm finding less and less actual debate on this forum and more and more rhetoric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 12:33 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,185,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
As much as I was able to stand without my mind wandering to more interesting and original subjects, like whether or not Sookie Stackhouse really is a fairy.
With important things like you use as excuses I guess you better not take any time to listen to Beck.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:34 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,281,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude
I for one am feeling completely let down by the rally. It's as if once Beck got all those people together, he hadn't really thought of anything worthwhile to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How much of his personal words did you hear? I say darned little, if any. You are taking your knowledge from the MSM and left leaning websites.
Roy, I for one, did watch the entire event on C-span and I feel the same way as HistorianDude. Beck gave a Sunday sermon you could hear at many churches across the nation, nothing more nothing less.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:36 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,037,403 times
Quote:
With important things like you use as excuses I guess you better not take any time to listen to Beck.
I have listened to him.

He is insane.

Literally.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:37 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,627,225 times
Quote:
Careful how you say that. You say there are many people very unhappy with where we are today and then try to make it out that they are all Tea Party people. The most prominent Tea Party signs I saw in that group were on the bodies of young black men. Lets hear you and the MSM deal with that.

The saddest thing about your post was that Beck is a former radio personality, disfunctional (sp) with a talen for spouting emotional pleas.

I think that he delivered one helluva speech without teleprompters to assist him. He showed his notes that he writes down to keep him going when he speaks. Oh yes, he did a great job that may well rank right up there with anything Obama has read from his teleprompters ever.

Oh wait, he is a radio personality, you say, who is supposed to be able to ad lib so very well. Well now he strayed quite a way from the lectern where his notes were and kept right on going, again without teleprompter help.

I say these things to you because I haven't seen anyone else mention this part of his "act" as the left says it was.
Jeez Roy, what does it take to have a controlled meaningful debate with you? I've acknowledged your points concerning numbers and the fact that there are many dissatisfied people out there, what more do you want? As far as trying to make out that they are all tea party people, I never said that. What I did say was " I'll also acknowledge that there are a lot of good people who are angry and confused with the state of our nation and are turning out to voice their discontent." What statement could be less partisan and accepting of your overall viewpoint concerning the rally's attendees??? Sometimes I think you're like an old dog who barks at nothing and everything just because it's all it remembers how to do.

As far as Beck is concerned, I stand by my previously posted opinions of him. I see him as a dangerous, political carpetbagger and you and others see him as a saint. Let's just leave it at that. We're too far apart in viewpoints to ever come to rational agreement concerning him.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:43 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,567,034 times
Quote:
Why is it that you people throw the lie word around all the time and never manage to show any examples of the lies? Yes, I know you get you info from the left websites since to hear him talk would be a horrible sin and, anyway, your sources are so much more truthful than he is.

Go ahead shouting lies, without examples and rest assured that there are many who think you are doing it just as it should be done.
You're kidding, right.... there have been quite a few threads on this site alone about Beck's lies, I'm not going to rehash them every time you post in a thread about 'how Beck has never told a lie and he's a perfect angel etc etc.' I'm sick of doing people's research for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Really dude. Are you that dense to actually think that something like this is actually a realistic and fair representation of two people. MLK was caught cheating during college IIRC. I'm sure he got a speeding ticket or a parking ticket. Using "on air pranks" on a comedy skit show as a comparison... moronic. Learn to use intelligence. I'm finding less and less actual debate on this forum and more and more rhetoric.
Of course it's not realistic and fair representation... it's a generalized comparison of two people. All it shows is that MLK has an education (WOW, MLK was caught cheating in college...he still skipped two grades and entered college when he was 15... can't do all that by cheating) and Beck is an angry talk show host.

Hmmmm....who would I trust more.... an angry alcoholic drug user who couldn't even manage to finish one class in college...or a man who changed the course of history as we know it?

Old 08-31-2010, 12:47 PM

Default Early responders to my OP

I got just what I wanted from that opening post. The left leaners got right in there and proved that they not only don't listen to Beck, they don't waste time on reading links. Here are a list of what I considered to be the worst of the headlines he gathered. There are more nearly as bad from the major national MSM sites that I may heave out sometime later.

Loads of traffic to bear

Rallies for 'honor,' a 'dream'

Rally urges return "to God'

Both crowds invoke King

Beck's Sermon: Restore Values

"Heal this nation"

Glenn Beckons

Beck rally pulls thousands

D. C. Rally

Tea Party Followers rally at National Mall

Rally draws 500,000 to honor heroes, organizers

say

I am sure that a certain kind of people see nothing at all just a bit biased in these headlines, but "Beck Beckons"? That is very good to take him down a notch for getting so many people to gather together. I liked that one the best but I also got a kick out of "Loads of Traffic to Bear".

Never take a chance with the majority of your readers if they are lefties.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
You're kidding, right.... there have been quite a few threads on this site alone about Beck's lies, I'm not going to rehash them every time you post in a thread about 'how Beck has never told a lie and he's a perfect angel etc etc.' I'm sick of doing people's research for them.

Of course it's not realistic and fair representation... it's a generalized comparison of two people. All it shows is that MLK has an education (WOW, MLK was caught cheating in college...he still skipped two grades and entered college when he was 15... can't do all that by cheating) and Beck is an angry talk show host.

Hmmmm....who would I trust more.... an angry alcoholic drug user who couldn't even manage to finish one class in college...or a man who changed the course of history as we know it?
I am only suggesting but do we know what effect the words of Beck will have on the US and possibly they world. It is unfair to give nearly 50 year old words for the effect when the other man spoke only three days ago.

Oh well, you keep swinging that left handed chain.

BTW, too many of those "lies" have been Media Matters twisted before you heard them. I do need examples because I see very few of those things you and MM call lies. I listen to his words and you read the spun words.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:50 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,464,562 times
Quote:

You admit its not a fair representation and then say its a generalized comparison? Sorry, but those statements don't go together. Unless your talking the generalized best things about one person followed by the generalized worst things of another.

Beck probably made a ton of money on the morning zoo. Its the biggest, or one of, radio station in NY. "Hmm spend 4 years and come out with debt or make bank as an on air personality. Whatever shall I do..."

MLKs greatest education wasn't in the books that he read, it was in the ability to take the average man and put him in the place of another average man who happened to be colored. His legacy isn't as a nobel laureate for science, literature, or art. His legacy is peaceful activism on the street level.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Roy, I for one, did watch the entire event on C-span and I feel the same way as HistorianDude. Beck gave a Sunday sermon you could hear at many churches across the nation, nothing more nothing less.
But you were listening with biased ears just as much as I was, just a different bias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies