Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 02:32 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,082,223 times

Advertisements

No, because the "good" dope is grown locally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 04:37 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Americans can grow their own weed. It's cheap and easy. Just get the government out of the way.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:22 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
sadly people routinely give the government power to fine them... seatbelt laws, passing emergency vehicles, car seats, buying liquor, selling to minors, using pot or other drugs. ( fines or worse)... Why do we allow government to dictate all these prohibitions?

If I choose to not wear a seatbelt that's my own stupidity... they save lives... We are faced with choices daily and many of us make bad ones... do we need to assign the government power to rob us? I'm all for reducing the amount of impact the government has in our lives...

They claim they want a war on crime , that's why they need more $ yet all they do is hire police to write tickets because that's what';s profitable.... solving crimes doesn't make money... there is no motivation to do that.

I'm for legalizing drugs and driving prices down and eliminating the cartels..., the strangle hold the government has on the people and our prison issues...

Much can be done if we undo the power we have granted the government.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:36 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Vancouver is famous for its marijuana-themed stores and cafes where the customers are allowed to openly smoke it.

But then again Beware that you cannot bring alcoholic drinks to public beaches in Vancouver. You will be liable to a fine

Old 01-07-2011, 07:37 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Does smoking good dope? = Supporting mexican drug cartels? (illegal, drugs, marijuana)

I just grow my own, to last me and my friends, till next harvest.
Like any good redneck farmer does.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:52 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Nope, crap weed comes from Mexico. The good stuff is grown locally, BC, or Cali.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:02 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

I can see it. Why can't the government see it? Why can't every one see it?

Why?
No, smoking good dope isn't supporting the Mexican drug cartels, because Mexican dope is crap. The good stuff comes from Canada, Hawaii, or Northern California.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:06 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Does smoking good dope? = Supporting mexican drug cartels?

NO, it means the governments of the U.S. have poorly appointed priorities.

Smoking good dope is a sign of good taste in tobacco.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:30 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodomonte View Post
What kind of idiot has to take drugs in the first place? I consider all illegal drug users to be traitors to America, given the horrible economic shape the country is in and the cost to fight the drug war. Not to mention they have blood on their hands by proping up the Mexican cartels.

A secure border fence would stop 97% of the drug importation and bankrupt the cartels. They would no longer have any reason to fight each other and kill thousands of innocents. This could be done for a few billion dollars, but what the heck, it is just another shovel ready stimulus project.

People who want to legalize drugs just don't care about the staggering amount of child abuse that would result from addict parents.

America is circling the toilet bowl and will soon be flushed away.

Considering most of the higher quality pot is grown in the US and Canada that would make this statement a failure. And, marijuana is THE LARGEST cash crop in the US. Not, corn, not soybeans.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:38 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Perhaps in the wildest tangential manner it might, but that is hardly analogous to the purchases of illegal drugs which flow through drug producing and trafficing networks.

By purchasing illegal drugs, despite one's self interest in denying culpability, you are without a shadow of doubt indirectly fueling the drug trade and the violence that results.
By supporting the continued war on drugs you are without a shadow of doubt directly fueling the drug trade and the violence that results. Most of the violence is over turf wars not between users. Legalization gets rid of most of the cartels as well as the violence. History taught us this during the prohibition era.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies