Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 10:57 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Hmmm, your earlier posts seem to imply that this is somehow endemic amongst blacks. This one case hardly proves your point.

Ya know, I hate to rain on your parade but most black folks do not care if you call them black. In fact many blacks folks prefer black over African-American. It's is painfully clear that you don't know any black people on a personal level, otherwise you wouldn't post half of the crap you do.

Try talking to some black folks in real life. You just might learn something.
I was born and raised in Atlanta, and have more dealings with blacks on a daily basis than most. You cant live in a metropolitian area with such a huge number of blacks and not so dont preach to me about not knowing any blacks. My highschool was 40% black, what about yours??

Old 09-08-2010, 11:03 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
I was born and raised in Atlanta, and have more dealings with blacks on a daily basis than most. You cant live in a metropolitian area with such a huge number of blacks and not so dont preach to me about not knowing any blacks. My highschool was 40% black, what about yours??
Just curious how many of those people you knew in high school had any problem being referred to as "Black"?

Old 09-08-2010, 11:05 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
And yet your "issue" still seems to spring from a single case with a single lady that took place "a few years back."

Whatever is bugging you is puzzling.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Just curious how many of those people you knew in high school had any problem being referred to as "Black"?
NONE, was in high school almost 20 years ago before this PC nonsense became the norm. No one had ever heard the term "African American".

Old 09-08-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
And yet your "issue" still seems to spring from a single case with a single lady that took place "a few years back."

Whatever is bugging you is puzzling.
When did I ever say it was ONE instance, I gave ONE example which to me was off the charts. Plenty more examples come to mind but its pointless bringing them up with someone who is so in favor of political correctness.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:23 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
When did I ever say it was ONE instance, I gave ONE example which to me was off the charts. Plenty more examples come to mind but its pointless bringing them up with someone who is so in favor of political correctness.
Lol... I am in favor of people being free to call themselves whatever they want to call themselves.

I still can't figure out why your undies are in such a bunch.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:25 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
NONE, was in high school almost 20 years ago before this PC nonsense became the norm. No one had ever heard the term "African American".
Actually the term African-American has been around for quite some time. Granted it may not have been commonly used in your particular region.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:37 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
Quote:
Just because you live in a city and went to a high school that had a lot of black people does not mean you have a clue about black folks.

Using that logic, I should be an expert on white folks since I grew up in predominately white neighborhoods and went to schools that were mostly white.

As for me, I'm black, so I think I know a little bit more about black folks then the likes of you. I live it daily.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:50 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Lol... I am in favor of people being free to call themselves whatever they want to call themselves.

I still can't figure out why your undies are in such a bunch.
Because it's Wednesday. I don't understand why

Quote:
Just because you live in a city and went to a high school that had a lot of black people does not mean you have a clue about black folks.

Using that logic, I should be an expert on white folks since I grew up in predominately white neighborhoods and went to schools that were mostly white.

As for me, I'm black, so I think I know a little bit more about black folks then the likes of you. I live it daily.
Don't you love that? It tickles me when I see someone making declarations about what black people do or don't do and when you ask what they're basing this on it's "well I was in close proximity with blacks my whole life so I think I know what I'm talking about" Well I've been black since the 80's and I beg to differ.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:

So as long as your not black you can not relate nor have any sort of understanding of blacks. Got it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies