Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 04:15 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,650,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Ron Paul is a Congressman right now,has been for quite a while...he is quite popular in his district it seems.

Where DO you get your info from???
That fact that he has pursued the presidency several times in the past several years and hasn't gotton anywhere close to winning even the primary each time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 06:06 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,838,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
That fact that he has pursued the presidency several times in the past several years and hasn't gotton anywhere close to winning even the primary each time.
SO?

Are you suggesting even if you do not have much chance of winning to give up?

Is that the (new) American way?

Old 09-02-2010, 06:19 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,329,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Could it possibly be due to him not pandering to the big money of the banksters/Corporates ?

Could it be that he wasn't groomed and financially backed by people in power ?

Old 09-02-2010, 06:22 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,838,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Could it possibly be due to him not pandering to the big money of the banksters/Corporates ?

No,couldn't be THAT....

Old 09-12-2010, 02:13 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,230,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Exactly. We, as voters, only get to choose between between the 2 clones presented by the two faces of the same Establishment (the Republicrats), neither of which will change anything significant. Bigger Government, more spending of the citizens money, more borrowing and erosion of the value of our savings (if we managed to keep anything after taxation and cost of living), constant foreign wars that accomplish nothing. The only difference is the rhetoric.

And the media never fails to vilify and demonize any candidate that represents real change, like the Libertarians. Instead of thinking whether the Libertarian ideals of much smaller government and citizens keeping much more of the money they earn are worth trying, most voters will vote party line and wonder why, if their candidate wins, they end up disgusted anyway (Bush and Obama).

Old 09-13-2010, 08:00 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,360,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Ron Paul has run for President TWICE once in 1988 and once in 2008.He has run for the a Texas U.S. Senate seat in 1984 and lost. Ron Paul isn't even all that popular in Texas.

The basic problem is his rhetoric just doesn't travel well outside of extremely conservative circles. He's got another shot in 2012. It well be interesting to see how it turns out. One thing that is interesting is that Ron Paul has spoken out in the past about farm subsidies. I can only wonder how that will play out in rural areas.
I think that's a misconception. I don't consider myself "extremely conservative." I decided to support Ron Paul after taking a quiz on NPR during the last election. In spite of the fact that he's a different color and gender, we agree on a lot of issues.

A lot of small landlords like myself are probably suffering under a big burden of: Taxes and Regulation.

I also heard him speak recently on another NPR show called On-Point, and I agreed with everything he said. When I think of "extreme conservatives" I think of people who want to repeal Roe Vs Wade, or Brown Vs the Board of Education and teach creationism or something like that. He seems like a level headed man who could have made a difference in our country for the better. I'm really glad I took time to listen to him, and I wish I'd done more to support his campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies