Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 04:36 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,066 times

Advertisements

also just cause 10% are successful dont mean anything, if the % were maybe 30% then you be onto something/

these are the 10% republicans said they needed nothing more nothing less anything less than 10 would be short sighted.

kevin phillips the southern strategy strategist, taking land from blacks was like taking candy from a baby
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 04:38 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I think the lady with the BS about slavery is only a product of her education. She just does not know, but she will!

maybe so, but some whites are just like it, if blacks moved forward and started talking about things blacks face across the country north and south after slavery then.....

Old 09-01-2010, 04:48 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
are you saying if there were no liberalism blacks wouldnt be in the position your crying about?

no ghettos
no poor people
get real
Just think with no liberalism Conservative America would embrace Black Americans with open arms. Just imagine the Klu Klux Klan members stopping from burning crosses long enough to express their joy that Black Americans have finally joined them and introducing them to their sons and daughters. Can you just see how wonderful the future could be if we could all join as one together.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:02 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Did you hear the lady come forth with some bullshiite about slavery? Her response is the epitome of Black attitude. This young, enlightened lady presented her with factual data about the plight of the black community, and all the other lady could do is revert back to slavery?

This mentality is EXACTLY why the plight of the Black community is what it is today. Nothing more, nothing less. Black people simply refuse to move past the ailments of their ancestors and live for today. It's all whitey's fault. And for that reason, I have no sympathy whatsoever for those who are shackled to this mentality.
SOME black people not ALL black people. I would have been able to handle my own against the girl in the video but honestly I wouldn't have bothered cause I can't stand that loud talking. And she couldn't have kept cutting me off like that, every time someone attempted to say something (albeit they didn't have much to say) she cut them off and talked over them even louder. I can't stand that, I don't care what you're talking about, if you have to yell to get your point across talk to yourself.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:29 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Its not about letting people know blacks disagree. Of course they disagree but lets also be real here when they do they are insulted. How many names do you think she was called by those walking away. When a black person doesnt agree with the democrat agenda they are called uncle toms and so forth

Its also about bringing about the question about why do so many follow the democrat party when they really do nothing to help lift them up

I felt she brought up a very valid point. The democrats run the inner cities. How many of them have you seen improve? Why are they some of the worse places to live.
Jadex !!! ... Well Said As Usual !

Unfortunately the unbelievable attitude of so many of these disagreeing folks represents the very cause of the horrendous status of the so called "Inner Cities" and the appalling conditions within !

Perhaps some day very soon the out of touch with reality Democratic Party will have much to answer for regarding their lack of concern for those very folks and the current tragic conditions in so many of the inner cities !

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 09-01-2010, 07:51 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
SOME black people not ALL black people. I would have been able to handle my own against the girl in the video but honestly I wouldn't have bothered cause I can't stand that loud talking. And she couldn't have kept cutting me off like that, every time someone attempted to say something (albeit they didn't have much to say) she cut them off and talked over them even louder. I can't stand that, I don't care what you're talking about, if you have to yell to get your point across talk to yourself.

I can't speak for Black people or White people for that matter, but yelling is rude. If you ask a question, at least wait for the answer. Why ask, if you don't want an answer?

Old 09-01-2010, 07:52 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I guess you just don't get out much.

Most Black Americans are not poor. Most Black Americans are not on public assistance of any kind. Black people don't agree on everything. In fact Black Americans have a far wider variety of opinions on issues than most White Americans know. The woman in the Youtube clip is a perfect example of this. The reasons most White Americans don't know this is that very few White Americans take the time to get to know a Black American or even care about Black History or Black Culture. Your post just proves this point.

For many Black Americans the issue isn't moving beyond slavery. It's that most Black Americans at one time or another in one form or another will still face some element of discrimination or exclusion right now in 2010. But you wouldn't understand that. The majority of Black Americans will shoulder these elements of discrimination and exclusion and go right on about their lives doing the best they can for themselves and their families.

The majority of Black Americans don't give a damn about "Entitlements" they would just like to live in place where their rights are respected and they are treated fairly But you wouldn't know and you don't care. It's obvious in your posts.
This is where you're wrong. I do care, I just don't care on the individual level, I care on the macro level. I want to see everyone succeed. I want to see a strong nation that is not hobbled by entitlements. I want to see all demographics to rise up and put whatever ails them behind them. And this starts with individual personal responsibility. As long as government handouts are available, there will be a certain segment of society who will milk that system dry while contributing absolutely nothing to society. My concerns have nothing to do with not liking or wanting to get to know Black American's are Black Culture. My concerns are that the statistics that plague the Black community are statistics that drag this nation further and further down.

Don't pretend you know what I care about.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 09-01-2010 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-01-2010, 09:03 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
This chick rocks!!! Anyone know her name so we can get a facebook page for her to run for office?

Old 09-01-2010, 09:46 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Did you hear the lady come forth with some bullshiite about slavery? Her response is the epitome of Black attitude. This young, enlightened lady presented her with factual data about the plight of the black community, and all the other lady could do is revert back to slavery?

This mentality is EXACTLY why the plight of the Black community is what it is today. Nothing more, nothing less. Black people simply refuse to move past the ailments of their ancestors and live for today. It's all whitey's fault. And for that reason, I have no sympathy whatsoever for those who are shackled to this mentality.
Actually, you missed her point, it was much worse than you thought it was. She was saying that the black conservative was just like a slave going in the house and cooking meals for the master or slaves on a slave ship helipng his enslavers; she was calling her an Uncle Tom, but in a really disgraceful and shameful way. Sadly, often times when a black conservative comes "outta the closet" they're met with this garbage, happens on this very forum.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:58 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
She completely pwned the ignorant sheeple.
she had an advantage in that she spoke English (unlike the other guy) and was very loud. Other than that, she doesn't know what she's talkin bout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies