Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 10:13 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Bush NEVER listed WMD's as justification for invading Iraq..

The ONLY mention of the weapons were
"Our nation enters this conflict reluctantly, yet our purpose is sure. The people of the United States and our friends and allies will not live at the mercy of an outlaw regime that threatens the peace with weapons of mass murder.

Which was true..
lol, what exactly is the difference between WMD and "weapons of mass murder"? But hey, rewrite american history...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 10:30 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
The US attacked Iraq because you fought they had WMD not because they had terrorists camps inside their country.

US State Department
November 4, 1998

Bin Laden, Atef Indicted in U.S. Federal Court for African Bombings

New York -- Usama bin Laden and Muhammad Atef were indicted November 4 in Manhattan federal court for the August 7 bombings of the US embassies in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and for conspiring to kill Americans outside the United States.

Bin Laden's "al Qaeda" organization functioned both on its own and through other terrorist organizations, including the Al Jihad group based in Egypt, the Islamic Group also known as el Gamaa Islamia led at one time by Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman, and a number of other jihad groups in countries such as Sudan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Somalia.

Bin Laden, the US Attorney charged, engaged in business transactions on behalf of Al Qaeda, including purchasing warehouses for storage of explosives, transporting weapons, and establishing a series of companies in Sudan to provide income to al Qaeda and as a cover for the procurement of explosives, weapons, and chemicals, and for the travel of operatives.

According to the indictment, bin Laden and al Qaeda forged alliances with the National Islamic Front in Sudan and with representatives of the Government of Iran and its associated terrorist group Hezballah with the goal of working together against their common enemies in the West, particularly the United States.

"In addition, al Qaeda reached an understanding with the Government of Iraq that al Qaeda would not work against that government and that on particular projects, specifically including weapons development, al Qaeda would work cooperatively with the Government of Iraq," the indictment said.
Beginning in 1992, bin Laden allegedly issued through his "fatwah" committees a series of escalating "fatwahs" against the United States, certain military personnel, and, eventually in February 1998, a "fatwah" stating that Muslims should kill Americans -- including civilians -- anywhere in the world they can be found.

-------------------------

The Guardian
February 6, 1999

Saddam link to Bin Laden

By Julian Borger

Saddam Hussein's regime has opened talks with Osama bin Laden, bringing closer the threat of a terrorist attack using chemical, biological or nuclear weapons, according to US intelligence sources and Iraqi opposition officials.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-02-2010 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: copyright

Old 09-02-2010, 10:30 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post

YouTube - George Bush is a Muslim at Ramadan Eid al-Fitr December 2002

Bush acknowledging Koran scriptures and the history of Eid. I'm sure if Obama would have had this speech. That would be confirmation for his haters that he is a undercover Muslim.

lol good find.
there would probably be riots if obama did a speech like that. OMG HE'S MUSLIM LOOK HE'S TALKING ABOUT MUSLIM STUFF OBAMA = ARAB!!!111!!! MUSLIM!!!!

Old 09-02-2010, 10:45 AM

6,084 posts, read 6,044,731 times
Well for starters they're not conservatives AT ALL, just cult members that share a hive mind whose name ends in beck.

Unfortunately anything the hive mind doesn't put on his blackboard doesn't get registered.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:10 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Conservatives have always endorsed George W Bush and his father. Isn't it ironic the people who decry the Islamic world support Presidents who were in bed with Saudis? I've never understood this double standard. Could a conservative explain their thinking? You criticize Obama for secretly being a Muslim and bowing down to the Muslim world yet when Bush and his father did the same to the Saudis, there wasn't the same outrage.

For the record, I can't stand Obama so this is not some closet defense of Obama. I'm an equal opportunity offender and I have to be fair. Trust me, I think it's just as hypocritical of liberals to defend Obama's management of the war when they criticized Bush for the same policies. So yeah, I mean that when I say I'm fair and an equal opportunity offender.
Two things:

1. He is a democrat.
2. He has darker skin.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:20 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
But why do Republicans give the Bush family a pass? I think this is an excellent question that I've pondered several times. No one here has answered the question. There has just been a diversion as to what a "conservative" is.

How about this question: "Why do Republicans overlook Bush family support for Saudis?"

The answer is it is simply a double standard. The Bush family has more ties to conservative, radical Islam than Obama could ever imagine. Saudis executed and most likely bankrolled 9/11. 15/19 of the highjackers were from Saudi Arabia, not a single Iraqi or Afghan. Who do you think paid for it? Poor fundamentalist extremists living in huts in rural Afghanistan? Or perhaps some oil rich members of the ultra conservative Islamic Saudi royal family (Bin Laden anyone)?

Old 09-02-2010, 11:23 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post

Just when I wonder how people can believe Obama is a Muslim born outside the USA, its matched by nonsense from the other side.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:41 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
US State Department
November 4, 1998
Is there any use of your post? There was never a link found between Iraq and 9/11. You can rewrite US history as much as you want, but the reason for the invasion ("the official story") were WMD (which of course were never found).

About.com: http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/10/11/iraq.us/

Old 09-02-2010, 12:16 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Is there any use of your post? There was never a link found between Iraq and 9/11. You can rewrite US history as much as you want, but the reason for the invasion ("the official story") were WMD (which of course were never found).

About.com: http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/10/11/iraq.us/
There was never a link found between Iraq and 9/11......there lies your problem....no one ever said there was a connection to 9/11...but there sure was a connection to alquaeda.

do you deny alquada was in iraq????....do you deny what obama sadi about alquada in somolia????

even pleosi was saying there were wmd...even back in 99 ...and she was in the INTELLEGENCE COMMITTEE:

"As a member of the House Intelligence Committee, I am keenly aware that the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons is an issue of grave importance to all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi (Democrat, California)
Statement on US Led Military Strike Against Iraq
December 16, 1999

"I come to this debate, Mr. Speaker, as one at the end of 10 years in office on the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, where stopping the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction was one of my top priorities. I applaud the President on focusing on this issue and on taking the lead to disarm Saddam Hussein. ... Others have talked about this threat that is posed by Saddam Hussein. Yes, he has chemical weapons, he has biological weapons, he is trying to get nuclear weapons."
Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi (Democrat, California)
Addressing the US House of Representatives
October 10, 2002
Congressional Record, p. H7777

Old 09-03-2010, 12:12 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Bush NEVER listed WMD's as justification for invading Iraq..

The ONLY mention of the weapons were
"Our nation enters this conflict reluctantly, yet our purpose is sure. The people of the United States and our friends and allies will not live at the mercy of an outlaw regime that threatens the peace with weapons of mass murder.

Which was true..
Please explain how weapons of mass murder are different than weapons of mass destruction?

Last edited by azriverfan.; 09-03-2010 at 12:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies