Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 08:21 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
No sir we do not but, if thats what you want to believe, go for it.
all i have to say is that if it were not for the state of arizona, i would be in a huge debt hole that i would never be able to get out of, and my health care would be non existent as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 08:23 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
True, Bush was not a fiscal conservative and hence the huge backlash against the republican party. We got a good old fashioned asswhoopin for that. And true, there is blame to go around. However, it was the republicans behaving like democrats in addition to the democrats that brought about our current fiscal state of ballooning debt and neverending deficits. We are ridding our party of the fiscal liberals and getting back to our conservative ideals to tackle this. What is your party doing other than the same ol' same ol' tax and spend, print and spend, tax and print and spend spend spend??
I am registered independent. I vote for the candidate I believe to be best for my state & government based on their record & qualifications, not party.
Just to be clear, I do not believe that our president is a liberal. If anything I think he is closer to the center.
Unfortunatly, I haven't heard much in the way of ideas from either party that will help bring this country out of the mess we are in,
Band-aids at best from republicans & Dem's.
I do know that things have become increasingly worse in my state of AZ.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Just to be clear, I do not believe that our president is a liberal. If anything I think he is closer to the center.
just how far left are you? obama is now, and always has been a marxist. he wants to increase taxes and regulations on everyone so he can control everyone.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
all i have to say is that if it were not for the state of arizona, i would be in a huge debt hole that i would never be able to get out of, and my health care would be non existent as well.
No doubt that some in AZ are getting much needed help but, not all & certainly the sickest who need transplants,etc, they will die.
Look I am not without understanding of the mess our state is in regarding finances but, I just don't think any life should be sacrificed because of their particular illness due to inability to pay.
I just have a problem with anyone dying in this country who are sick & cannot afford help.
Hell I have seen groups who bring people from other countries over here to give them help.
Charity should begin at home.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Not going to happen.
So we're not going to hear you complaining in a few months over bills by the GOP.. Fantastic!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Arizona has 6.5 million people in it. The 24 transplants would cost them about 75 cents each per year.
Wow, thats it? So why dont you write out each arionian a check for $.75...

5,546 posts, read 9,999,061 times
Have you forgotten about all the "beheadings" in AZ? Not one of which has actually ever happened, but according to the ditzy governor has? (Great way to put the final nail in AZ's tourism industry, as if the state isn't suffering enough). AZ is pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
just how far left are you? obama is now, and always has been a marxist. he wants to increase taxes and regulations on everyone so he can control everyone.
I do not agree with the president on everything, in fact I disagree with him alot. I just don't believe he has a marxist agenda.
I am a liberal. I am not a marxist or communist.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
No doubt that some in AZ are getting much needed help but, not all & certainly the sickest who need transplants,etc, they will die.
Look I am not without understanding of the mess our state is in regarding finances but, I just don't think any life should be sacrificed because of their particular illness due to inability to pay.
I just have a problem with anyone dying in this country who are sick & cannot afford help.
Hell I have seen groups who bring people from other countries over here to give them help.
Charity should begin at home.
so then what you are saying damn the budget man, fix everyones medical problems regardless of cost. right? despite the fact that it will bankrupt the state? and you are right charity begins at home. those that cant get medical help from the state should go to those charities, like the catholic charities and the various churches, and the many foundations around the country that are set up to help those in need.

we cant just expect the state to handle everything. we have to go out and find the help we need. remember what the bible says, ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you. we have to go out and be proactive in getting what we need, not just sit back and let someone else go get it for us. sorry if you feel that is cold, but it is a reality.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:38 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Illegals should NOT be covered under AHCCCS.

Period
I really agree with this. I volunteer at a place where we need some sort of ID to give away free food. Can I tell you how tired I am of seeing AHCCCS cards thrown my way when I pay $1200 a month for health insurance and I'm a US citizen?

Old 10-22-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Have you forgotten about all the "beheadings" in AZ? Not one of which has actually ever happened, but according to the ditzy governor has? (Great way to put the final nail in AZ's tourism industry, as if the state isn't suffering enough). AZ is pathetic.
You are exactly correct. Our Governor has managed to hurt our economy greatly with her misguided blabbing.
We have also sold many of our state buildings just to rent them back at exorbitant costs. This was done to 'balance' the books for the year & this made the budget 'look' better than it actually was.
Jan Brewer is a disaster for AZ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies