Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2010, 10:52 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
Because it is easier for you to penalize those not in power. You do not have the balls to go after those in power. It is an easy target. It doesn't matter if you strike blindly. And none of us want illegals. Which means that you don't really have an argument after that. You just placate yourself with the oppositionn being pro immigration. It is NOT.
So you are not willing to admit that violating the immigration laws of the USA is a crime, is that correct? And you are in fact, by the information contained in your own post, an accessory to aiding those who have broken our immigration laws and continue to remain in the USA, is that correct? A simple yes or no please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 11:13 AM

406 posts, read 495,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
Because it is easier for you to penalize those not in power. You do not have the balls to go after those in power. It is an easy target. It doesn't matter if you strike blindly. And none of us want illegals. Which means that you don't really have an argument after that. You just placate yourself with the oppositionn being pro immigration. It is NOT.
Stop being a criminal and you won't have dealings with Arpio. If you are a citizen without warrants you have nothing to fear. You go ahead and keep bitching about how you got screwed by the system and how hard your life is, I don't care. You made your choices in life and so did I. I don't fear law enforcement, I'm one of those wacky people who think that they are their to protect us.

Old 09-04-2010, 12:52 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,289,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Sheriff Joe and his department have not infringed upon anyone's Constitutional rights as stated by ICE after a year and a half of investigation. Read the article. He and his deputies received high marks from Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

It behooves no one to paint all members of any political party with the same broad brush. Regardless of your political affiliation, your Constitutional rights are slowly fading into history. Rather than indulging in name-calling, perhaps you should do a little research into who or what is actually impeding the Constitutional rights of all Americans, and what you can do to stop it.
"Well if you ain't done nothing wrong, what's there to worry about?"

Old 09-04-2010, 01:30 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Does anyone ever ask dark skinned legal Mexican-Americans how they feel about Arpaio or the new law? No. Doesn't anybody find that a bit interesting?
You just haven't seen it for yourself. OF COURSE they've been asked. There wouldn't be any credence to a smear piece if they hadn't been asked.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:46 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Many of the people in Maricopa County are more impressed with the appearance of toughness on crime than actual law enforcement. The Wild West is still alive in Arizona, and Arpaio's thuggishness is seen as the embodiment of the Wild West lawman to a lot of people. The constituency that votes for the MC Sheriff is older, mostly white, upper middle class-to-wealthy, and are easily frightened by the prospect of brown people in their midst.

Arpaio has been getting by on his PR, cronies, and bullying so far. However, his refusal to account for his spending of public funds is developing into a big problem for him, on top of the civil rights violations. One thing that people tend to forget (or ignore) is that many of the inmates under Arpaio's control are people awaiting trial, and therefore are still to be considered innocent. He doesn't treat these still nominally innocent people any better than those who have been convicted, and some have died due to mistreatment.

Arpaio's assertion that his department has released documents to the USAG cracked me up - "we have released thousands of the documents they requested" - perhaps they didn't release the correct ones? By his own admission, they did not release all of the requested documents. You don't get to pick & choose when subpoenas are served. You have to provide what they demand.
Exactly......most of those who re-elect this Sheriff do so because of "the pink underwear & The toughest Sheriff in the country " persona that has been portrayed in the news.

Most do not realize that for quite awhile we had over 4 thousand already convicted felon fugitives that had warrants out for them due to various reasons & the Sheriffs dept. ignored the search for these people & opted instead to raid businesses to round up working illegals.

Now before we all have to hear again that these illegals have broken the law due to their non-legal status, just remember this county has had some pretty dangerous felons walking around , some committing more crimes & very serious ones at that.
Which group would most chose to get off the streets first?

This Sheriff is ALL about self publicity & any media attention that can further his agenda & career, & only that. Unfortunatly most folks buy into whatever they hear on TV & read in the papers.
I don't believe he would have had as much opposition as he does had he had his priorities in order & done things according to the law (releasing ALL info asked for about his spending) & getting some of these wanted fugitives rounded up first.
Sheriff Joe needs to go.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:49 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse1 View Post
Vendetta...plain and simple...Obama wants to be "King"...so all you serf's beware...
Yep, never mind attempting to run the country, let's have BO try to run Arizona.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
From the Christian Science Monitor, "The Justice Department lawsuit does not deal with 287(g) explicitly, but is looking into the allegations that the sheriff's office uses racial profiling during its sweeps to find and detain illegal immigrants."

Does anyone ever ask dark skinned legal Mexican-Americans how they feel about Arpaio or the new law? No. Doesn't anybody find that a bit interesting?
If they aren't residing in Maricopa County, Arizona who cares?

I'm Caucasian, residing in Connecticut and no one has asked me what I think of Sheriff Joe, either. Can I claim racism?

Old 09-04-2010, 03:09 PM

406 posts, read 495,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
If they aren't residing in Maricopa County, Arizona who cares?

I'm Caucasian, residing in Connecticut and no one has asked me what I think of Sheriff Joe, either. Can I claim racism?
Oh my god, someone with common sense! Thank you.

If you want to really get sheriff joe out, vote him out. What's that, you don't live in maricopa county, well then nobody cares what you think about him.

Old 09-04-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambini View Post
Oh my god, someone with common sense! Thank you.

If you want to really get sheriff joe out, vote him out. What's that, you don't live in maricopa county, well then nobody cares what you think about him.
The busybodiness of BO's administration never ceases to amaze me.

Can't they let Arizona be?

Old 09-04-2010, 03:43 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So you are not willing to admit that violating the immigration laws of the USA is a crime, is that correct? And you are in fact, by the information contained in your own post, an accessory to aiding those who have broken our immigration laws and continue to remain in the USA, is that correct? A simple yes or no please.
If you are willing to admit that employing illegals is a crime. How many employers has Joe Arpaio shut down?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies