Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 11:30 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times

Advertisements

Here is a good example of what can happen when the Tea Party's philosophy of "throw the bums out", "get some new blook in politics" gets in the way of them properly vetting their candidates.

Dan Maes is the Tea Party candidate for governor of Colorado:

Dan Maes for Colorado Governor in 2010 (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:JsCxO2-MTNIJ:www.danmaes.com/+dan+maes+tea+party&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us - broken link)

Now, it turns out the guy is a little shady:

GOP gubernatorial candidate Maes backs off claims of undercover police work - The Denver Post

Hank Brown withdraws endorsement of GOP gubernatoral candidate Dan Maes | The Spot

Hank Brown withdraws endorsement of GOP gubernatoral candidate Dan Maes | The Spot

It was already known that Maes is nuts; he called the Denver bicycle rental program part of a new world order to take over the US government. Now, it turns out, he's a liar as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 11:37 AM

I think it's a good "object lesson" for the TP! He beat out a traditional Repub (also a crook) to get the nomination. Now he's going down in flames. He is said to be "considering" dropping out.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:38 AM

646 posts, read 393,778 times
you mean a good example of what can happen from living in a constitutional republic? do you not like the voting process or something?

Old 09-02-2010, 11:42 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Here is a good example of what can happen when the Tea Party's philosophy of "throw the bums out", "get some new blook in politics" gets in the way of them properly vetting their candidates.

Dan Maes is the Tea Party candidate for governor of Colorado:

Dan Maes for Colorado Governor in 2010 (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:JsCxO2-MTNIJ:www.danmaes.com/+dan+maes+tea+party&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us - broken link)

Now, it turns out the guy is a little shady:

GOP gubernatorial candidate Maes backs off claims of undercover police work - The Denver Post

It was already known that Maes is nuts; he called the Denver bicycle rental program part of a new world order to take over the US government. Now, it turns out, he's a liar as well.
SIMPLE, solution since ALL parties are crooked

get rid of the parties, lib, dem, rep, tea, con, etc.......especially the conventions (rnc/dnc)...and all the funding.......and have the INDIVIDUALS run on THEIR OWN merits

government by the people for the people...not by the party, for the party

Old 09-02-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by independentsucka View Post
you mean a good example of what can happen from living in a constitutional republic? do you not like the voting process or something?
I think you shold read the links. This guy is both nuts, and now, it turns out, a liar. Is that who you want running your state?

The TP should have vetted him a little better. For all the "dumb-assed birthers" (spoken by another Colo Repub) carry on about how Obama wasn't vetted, which is untrue, they endorse this dirt-bag?

Old 09-02-2010, 11:44 AM

first of all, I don't live in that state, so it's not my business. second of all, he's a liar? he's a freaking politician. show me a politician that's not a liar. so if he's gonna drop out, who cares?

Quote:
I think you shold read the links. This guy is both nuts, and now, it turns out, a liar. Is that who you want running your state?

Old 09-02-2010, 11:46 AM

I would love to know where you are encountering these politicians of sound morals. if he's a loser, he won't get elected, and that will be the end of that. I didn't want the last two dirt bags in the white house running the country, but, here we are.

Quote:

The TP should have vetted him a little better. For all the "dumb-assed birthers" (spoken by another Colo Repub) carry on about how Obama wasn't vetted, which is untrue, they endorse this dirt-bag?

Old 09-02-2010, 01:49 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,943,773 times
Quote:

Let ye who is without an Alvin Greene cast the first Dan Maes.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Let ye who is without an Alvin Greene cast the first Dan Maes.
Well, point well taken, but the topic is Maes and how the TP didn't vet him. I forsee a lot of this happening until they wise up.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:07 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
SIMPLE, solution since ALL parties are crooked

get rid of the parties, lib, dem, rep, tea, con, etc.......especially the conventions (rnc/dnc)...and all the funding.......and have the INDIVIDUALS run on THEIR OWN merits

government by the people for the people...not by the party, for the party
Good idea, I think it would fail because in the shadows of fallen Parties a newer one would rise, as bad as the ones before; people like to group too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies