Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2010, 10:04 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
And yet you cannot explain what Lakin would gain from it while stating in a factual way that it is political.
How odd you would say that since I have "stated in a factual way that is political" several times now. I will do it yet again:

The reversal of the November 2008 election.

What about that do you not understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT
Why couldn't it be on moral grounds or principles?
It absolutely is a stand on political principles. But it is proven to not be a moral stand since he has not refused all orders, something that should be true did he genuinely believe his orders were unlawful or immoral.

And the order I have most in mind here is the one that cuts his $7,000 paycheck every month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 01:55 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,190,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
How odd you would say that since I have "stated in a factual way that is political" several times now. I will do it yet again:

The reversal of the November 2008 election.

What about that do you not understand?

It absolutely is a stand on political principles. But it is proven to not be a moral stand since he has not refused all orders, something that should be true did he genuinely believe his orders were unlawful or immoral.

And the order I have most in mind here is the one that cuts his $7,000 paycheck every month.
Sure...he wants Obama out, that's a no brainer but, what I have asked you several times is why. What you are postulating is akin to a candidate running for POTUS for no reason. People do not do things like this with nothing to gain and Lakin has nothing to gain politically by doing this.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:12 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times
Quote:
Sure...he wants Obama out, that's a no brainer but, what I have asked you several times is why. What you are postulating is akin to a candidate running for POTUS for no reason. People do not do things like this with nothing to gain and Lakin has nothing to gain politically by doing this.
Your entire argument is silly. Let me show you why.

Lakin wants Obama out of office. That's his goal.

He refuses to obey orders to achieve his goal.

His political gain is to get Obama out of office. The "why" he wants Obama out of office is irrelevant. It's interesting. But as far as political gain, it's irrelevant.

Joe Blow wants to be President. That's his goal.

He runs for office in order to achieve his goal.

His political gain is if he wins election. The "why" he wants to be President is interesting, but in determining the political gain, it's irrelevant. The political gain is winning office.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:58 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,035,296 times
This is fun, I get to be on Truegritt's side... must be a full moon.

I haven't heard Lakin categorically argue that Obama is not a natural born citizen, that being the case I find it hard to ascribe to him the motive that his goal is to have Obama removed from office. What Lakin has said is that he wants Obama to prove his citizen ship. So, I take the dope at his word. His sole purpose for crashing and burning his career is some whacked out sense of moral duty,

Old 09-03-2010, 03:07 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

I haven't heard Lakin categorically argue that Obama is not a natural born citizen
Maybe he thinks Obama skipped naturalization.

Old 09-03-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Your entire argument is silly. Let me show you why.

Lakin wants Obama out of office. That's his goal.

He refuses to obey orders to achieve his goal.

His political gain is to get Obama out of office. The "why" he wants Obama out of office is irrelevant. It's interesting. But as far as political gain, it's irrelevant.

Joe Blow wants to be President. That's his goal.

He runs for office in order to achieve his goal.

His political gain is if he wins election. The "why" he wants to be President is interesting, but in determining the political gain, it's irrelevant. The political gain is winning office.
Taking the "why" out of the argument is silly. Everyone has a reason, (a why) for doing virtually everything they do.

People make goals for reasons not "just because".

Old 09-03-2010, 03:13 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Sure...he wants Obama out, that's a no brainer
And yet, not such a no brainer that you are actually able to wrap your brain around it.

Old 09-03-2010, 03:15 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times
Quote:
Taking the "why" out of the argument is silly. Everyone has a reason, (a why) for doing virtually everything they do.

People make goals for reasons not "just because".
Yes, people all have reasons. But my reasons for going to work are irrelevant to the paycheck I receive for that work. I understand that you are querying the why, as we all have, because it interests us and gives us insight into just what kind of man Lakin is. But in terms of his actions and his goals, his reasons, his why, is as relevant to his political gain as my reasons for going to work are relevant to my paycheck. If you see his political gain as a paycheck, it seems to me you're asking what he wants to do with that paycheck. But what does that have to do with him getting that paycheck? Does that make sense?

Old 09-03-2010, 03:19 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,763,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Someone challenged Bush's citizenship?
I thought it was his intelligence and education.

Old 09-03-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

I haven't heard Lakin categorically argue that Obama is not a natural born citizen, that being the case I find it hard to ascribe to him the motive that his goal is to have Obama removed from office. What Lakin has said is that he wants Obama to prove his citizen ship. So, I take the dope at his word. His sole purpose for crashing and burning his career is some whacked out sense of moral duty,
How does it feel to finally be on the right side of things? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies