Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 04:28 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
stop using wikipedia as a source for information. The Tea Party was protesting Wall Street Bailouts far before obama took office..

YouTube - "Corporate Games" Bailout Wall Street Protest Song March

See the date? Before Obama was even running for office..
No mention of the Tea Party back then. Just a protest.

You're gonna tell me it makes no difference, but I try to call things by their actual names. Don't say it's the Tea Party if it isn't.

You can't put names on thing in retrospect...sorry. People have been protesting govt policies since forever, does that mean everyone is a Tea Partier, even people from the last centuries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 04:28 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Excellent! They won't respond because pretending to care about fiscal responsibility is a front for the deep hurt and resentment they struggle with that this country was progressive enough to elect a brilliant and qualified black person to be the POTUS. Bush was horrible for this country, yet they remained silent. Absolutely pathetic and obvious what their agenda is.
You jumped in on page 3 of the issue, while claiming no ones responded...

But I do note you didnt lose the chance to show the racism some of you guys have again though.. Seriously, doesnt that argument get old after its been proven wrong everytime? I'd be embarassed to have that as the only thing I'm able to say..

Old 09-02-2010, 04:29 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
I'm not gonna look it up for you. I googled the Tea Party and there is no such mention of it before 2009. If there were similar protests, it was under a different group so it wasn't the Tea Party.

The Tea Party started in early 2009. I did a little research like you said, and found the facts. Sorry.
I wasn't asking you to look up anything for me. I've already seen it. Why would I need you to look it up for me.

The Tea Party was started by Ron Paul supporters in early 2007. In response to the War on Terror and out of control fedral spending. CNN did stories on it (before FOX).

In 2007 George Bush was president. Obama was not a candidate for president. Hillary Clinton was the front runner for the democrats.

That's why people that say the Tea Party is about Obama or race are moronic. Unless the Tea Party are omnipotent.

It seems to me people can't criticize the Tea Party folk on issues so they resort to the tired old tactics of race and blaming Bush. All nonsense. And everyone can see through it.

I don't even think the far left loonies like the guy that tried to kill people at the Discovery Channel are moronic enough to believe the Tea Party is because of Obama. Or that professor lady in Alabama, and big Obama supporter, that shot her co-workers. And you all claim the TP is about viloence. LOLs.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
No mention of the Tea Party back then. Just a protest.
The same protestors formed the tea party..

YouTube - Tea Party Outraged by Bailouts
Quote:
You're gonna tell me it makes no difference, but I try to call things by their actual names. Don't say it's the Tea Party if it isn't.

You can't put names on thing in retrospect...sorry. People have been protesting govt policies since forever, does that mean everyone is a Tea Partier, even people from the last centuries?
its the tea party if they are organized by the same individuals...

Old 09-02-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
People have been protesting govt policies since forever, does that mean everyone is a Tea Partier, even people from the last centuries?
Bingo !!!

More proof that the Tea Party folk are mainstream Americans. It's the American way to protest government.

It's the people trying to shut them up (democrats) that are on the fringe. And seem to be the ones full of hate and rage.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
The fact that they werent called "Tea Partiers", doesnt men they didnt exist.. Again, they formed in 2007 due to federal spending by Democrats!!!

YouTube - NYC Wall St. Bailout Protest 25 September 2008
Like I said...doesn't make sense.

You're assuming, for your own argument, that these people are now all under the banner of the Tea Partys when you have no proof of that.

You can draw a correlation but to say that the Tea Party started before that is false. Unless you've invented a Doleran that goes back in the past and made all of these people join the Tea Party we know today.

While there were some marginal protests before Obama took office, they really picked up in size and frequency as soon as the current president took office.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
The same protestors formed the tea party..

YouTube - Tea Party Outraged by Bailouts

its the tea party if they are organized by the same individuals...
I think you have a problem with the concept of chronology. And you probably fail the most basic question of an IQ test, which is if some x's are y's, then all x's are y's.

Next time don't say the Tea Party started before 2009. Just say you think you can trace back its roots prior to Obama.

What's the point of using words if you modify their meanings as you go?

p.s.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:

While there were some marginal protests before Obama took office, they really picked up in size and frequency as soon as the current president took office.
So they are like every other group that has ever existed in human history?

Start with a small membership and either grow in membership or die off.

And let's see. The TP is about smaller government. Kinda makes sense it would gain momentum after Obama got elected. All the guy talks about is more taxes and bigger government.

Methinks if Obama was wanting to cut taxes, stop the wars and reduce govt spending the Tea Party would never have grown in membership.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Like I said...doesn't make sense.
What doesnt make sense? That those same people who object to bailouts would object to increased deficits? Ohh I forgot, it only makes sense if you believe 1/2 the country is racist..
Quote:
You're assuming, for your own argument, that these people are now all under the banner of the Tea Partys when you have no proof of that.
Except for the founders of the tea party saying they objected to the bailouts.. Yeah, I guess that accounts for nothing.
Quote:
You can draw a correlation but to say that the Tea Party started before that is false. Unless you've invented a Doleran that goes back in the past and made all of these people join the Tea Party we know today.

They begin when Democrats ballooned the national deficit by 500%. Did they pickup in size? Why wouldnt they? When the deficit jumps from $250B to $1.25T, you think they should stay the same or just go away?

Old 09-02-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
I think you have a problem with the concept of chronology. And you probably fail the most basic question of an IQ test, which is if some x's are y's, then all x's are y's.

Next time don't say the Tea Party started before 2009. Just say you think you can trace back its roots prior to Obama.

What's the point of using words if you modify their meanings as you go?

p.s.
CNN called them the Tea Party in 2007. One of the first protests when Bush was president was on the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party. Prior to Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies