Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 10:34 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
my neighbors dog was killed by a pitbull in front of his young daughters.he beat it and beat it and finally used a cigerate lighter and burned it's nose off but it would not let go. they needed a crowbar to open it's jaws to retrieve their dead pet. yes the pit was dead as it should be
And what happened to the owner of this pitbull who obviously was not attending to his/her own dog?

I wonder which was more tramautic for the youg girls in the long run: watching their dog being attacked and killed by another dog or watching thier father beat and burn the attacking dog with a cigarette lighter to no avail?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 03:03 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,259,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
How long is it going to take this country to wise up and put an end to the ownership of this vicious breed. I can legally own the most well documented vicious breed of dog on earth but not a fully automatic rifle. What the hell is the difference. How many babies, old people and other dogs must die and suffer horrible injuries before this breed is severely curtailed.

City manager, puppy attacked by two pit bulls | Recordnet.com
Ho Hum, another vicious dog mauling. What else is new? Happens everyday all over the USA. Folks just need to get used to it. Most people survive. The few that don't were going to die anyway.

Old 03-29-2014, 03:17 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
The breed that bites the most often is Cocker Spaniels.

Old 03-29-2014, 03:17 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
How long is it going to take this country to wise up and put an end to the ownership of this vicious breed. I can legally own the most well documented vicious breed of dog on earth but not a fully automatic rifle. What the hell is the difference. How many babies, old people and other dogs must die and suffer horrible injuries before this breed is severely curtailed.

Psssssssssstttttttttt: When morons learn to keep their dogs on leashes, they won't be running loose attacking people and other dogs.

I and my dog were once attacked by 2 hideous despicable Chiwawas. I hate those freaking nasty things. My dog has a permanent scar on her face from the attack.

Your little story has nothing to do with any specific breed. I'm sure somewhere, some time, a bulldog has attacked a person and a dog. Kinda makes your name look silly, doesn't it!

Old 03-29-2014, 03:19 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Agreed. Dog have people problems and rarely the other way around. Dogs usually reflect their owners treatment of them in their behavior.

Shut down illegal dog fighting and those who breed for it and much of this will become a non-issue.

I urge those who hold views akin to those expressed by sickofnyc to take the time to watch the following video.

Rescued Fighting Dogs Await Adoption - Video - TIME.com
I ran a pitbull rescue for many years. Sweetest dogs with the crappiest owners.

Old 03-29-2014, 03:29 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,400 times
It's sad how some people are in such denial about pit bulls. They maul and kill more people than any other dog breed and yet many try to claim that they aren't a vicious breed. How exactly would you define a breed as vicious if not by their actions? Plenty of other breeds have irresponsible owners, but those breeds don't go on rampages and bite off little kids' faces.

Sure, some are raised better than others, but why should we take the risk? What do we gain as a society by allowing pit bulls to continue to be a threat? Is it worth it just because some people love their pits?

Old 03-29-2014, 03:42 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:

I agree that pit bulls really do not make the most fabulous pets. But insurance companies usually have a list of dogs that are dangerous and it is not just pit bulls. How can you discriminate against some dogs and not others? And how could any legislation be enacted? Would the authorities go round up pit bulls and take them away? Sounds way too much like the Third Reich. I think it would make people uncomfortable. Frankly, I think a machine gun can do way more damage than one pit bull.

Old 03-29-2014, 03:52 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I agree that pit bulls really do not make the most fabulous pets. But insurance companies usually have a list of dogs that are dangerous and it is not just pit bulls. How can you discriminate against some dogs and not others? And how could any legislation be enacted? Would the authorities go round up pit bulls and take them away? Sounds way too much like the Third Reich. I think it would make people uncomfortable. Frankly, I think a machine gun can do way more damage than one pit bull.
Require that all pitbulls be sterilized. Make the punishment for owning an unsterilized pitbull severe. Eventually their numbers would plummet. Yeah, then some people couldn't own pits anymore. So what? They are not a necessity. There are plenty of other breeds that are loving and safer pets.

And the same could be said for other dangerous breeds.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:20 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
WELL.............a Pug or Chihuahua could do the same thing!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-29-2014, 06:23 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Unknowledgeable, irresponsible and greedy breeders have put a LOT of bad genes in many 8hitbull lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies