Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 08:22 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,205,540 times

Advertisements

This is the stupidest thread I have ever read.

OP - focus on how to fix the problems we have, don't invent hypothetical problems to make your party's poor decisions look better.

While you are at it, why don't you create a thread asking what the country would be like if Mickey Mouse was president? It would be just as beneficial.

And FYI, I didn't vote for McCain or Obama in the last election, in case you try to dismiss me as a crazy repub.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 09:04 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Everyone wants to gripe about Obama. So lets say McCain won what would have changed?

We would have had massive bailouts for the banks and Wall street, they may not have paid any of it back

The war in Iraq and Afghanistan would have continued and probably escalated into Iran

There would be no national health care

No cash for clunkers
and the auto industry may have bottomed out losing thousands more jobs

No stimulus for housing which would have kept the downward spiral

I doubt the market would have recovered

No attempt for peace in the middle east

We would have had some big spenders in the white house.... He has 7 homes do you think he would have saved?

He likely would have taken twice as many vacations having done 1/3 the work.

It would have been business as usual. and the economy would have tanked.

Don't ask Don't tell would net be dealt with.

Credit card reform act would not have happened

Wall street reform act would not have happened.

So what good would have come from McCain winning?

We will never know as he did not win the election.

Barack Obama won the election and has done a horrid job by any objective or subjective measure.

Submitting your imagination as evidence in defense of Obama is a strategy best forged by 7 year olds on the playground.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:13 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
well McCain would have been in bed after 9 PM and would have been asleep on the weekends. When the man chanted "Bomb, Bomb,Iran and is "texting" "Snookie" from the Jersey Shore?
It's time to put the cow out to pasture! Especially when you can't remember how many houses you have!

PS: I forgot this "maverick" spawned Sarah Palin!

Old 09-03-2010, 09:22 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
He would have continued the economic policies that gave us the Bush Recession, so instead of being on the slow road to economic recovery, we'd probably be in an economic depression.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:23 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
Quote:
Everyone wants to gripe about Obama. So lets say McCain won what would have changed?

We would have had massive bailouts for the banks and Wall street, they may not have paid any of it back

The war in Iraq and Afghanistan would have continued and probably escalated into Iran

No cash for clunkers

We would have had some big spenders in the white house.... He has 7 homes do you think he would have saved?

That is why I voted for Ron Paul :-)

Old 09-03-2010, 12:36 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I think Obama or McCain both have a so-so knowledge of the economy. I think they both rely on their advisors.

Obama put together a decent staff, even if I disagree with their ideology a little. McCain's advisors, on the other hand, were atrocious. I speculate that Obama did a better job than McCain would have.

I would've rather had McCain sorting out healthcare, though.
Quote:
"She had no idea how bad the economic collapse would be. She still doesn't understand exactly why it was so bad. The response to the collapse was inadequate. And she doesn't have much of an idea about how to fix things."
Dana Milbank - Economist Christina Romer serves up dismal news at her farewell luncheon

Old 09-03-2010, 12:45 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:

We would have had massive bailouts for the banks and Wall street, they may not have paid any of it back....OR THERE COULD HAVE BEEN LESS BAILOUTS FOR FAILED COMPANIES

The war in Iraq and Afghanistan would have continued and probably escalated into Iran...OR IT COULD BE DONE

There would be no national health care....THERE STILL ISNT

No cash for clunkers
and the auto industry may have bottomed out losing thousands more jobs....OR HE WOULD HAVE LEFT THE FAILED COMPANIES TO GO INTO BANKRUPSEY

No stimulus for housing which would have kept the downward spiral....99% OF REQUESTORS NOW ARE DENIED..SO WHATS THE DIF

I doubt the market would have recovered...LETS SEE MARKET WAS 14K...NOW 10K...I DONT SEE ANY RECOVERY

No attempt for peace in the middle east...PROBABLY WOULD HAVE HAD MORE THAN WHAT YOU GET WITH MUSHY-OBAMA

We would have had some big spenders in the white house.... He has 7 homes do you think he would have saved?.....AND OBUSHA SPENDING 3 TRILLION IN LESS THAN 2 YEARS IS NOT BIG SPENDING

Don't ask Don't tell would net be dealt with.....IT STILL ISNT "DELT" WITH

Credit card reform act would not have happened.....YEP THAT REFORMING SURE HAS DONE A LOT OTHER THAN HURTING THE LITTLE PEOPLE

Wall street reform act would not have happened...... AND WITH OUT TOUCHING FANNY/FREDDY, IT ISNT WORTH A DARN

mine in red

Old 09-03-2010, 12:59 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times

At least she can admit she doesn't understand.

McCain was relying on Phil Gramm! Think about what sort of sh*t-storm we would be in right now if Phil Gramm was in charge.

Mark Zandi is another one; not as bad as gramm, but still a clown.

Donald Luskin is another -- he wrote this gem back in Sept 2008, claiming that the economy was fine, and that there was nothing wrong with the mortgage market.

Art Laffer is an idiot, too, and a McCain advisor. His quote about the bubble in 2006 was: ""This economy is driven by good economic policy, by good monetary policy, by good trade policy, and it's working beatifully."

I mean basically, this is the blind leading the blind. Obama's guys may not be geniuses, but at least he knows that someone like Volker is worth listening to, not these a-holes.

Last edited by le roi; 09-03-2010 at 01:08 PM..

Old 09-03-2010, 01:00 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
HAHA @ that flight of fancy!

The only thing I can say for sure would be different, THE ONLY 100% GUARENTEED difference is that every thread in this forum would have the names "McCain" or "Palin" insetad of "Obama". I can't even say the birther issue would be gone. Maybe the Kenya thing though. And more talk about moose.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:03 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:

No cash for clunkers

More Ben-Gay in the oval office.

A full-time plastic surgeon to take care of the First Lady.

It would be fun watching Meghan McCain face off against her dad's policies.

No birthers!

A President telling you "The economy is still stong".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies