Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 07:37 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
How's that $13 per month doing for you?
$13? Wow! Mine came out to $4 a month!

Some are just lucky I guess!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 07:37 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
You're doing a heck of a job Democrats!
Better than 20%, or not?

Old 09-05-2010, 09:00 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
At least things didn't get any worse. My retirement accounts were down $30K in Aug and I was braced for another big hit today.

Only one more monthly report now before the election, plus the Jul-Sep GDP. It's going to be an interesting 2 months.
Things didn't get any worse? Since the failed stimulus was passed, we have lost 2.4 million jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
9.6% unemployment is not bad.

Oh yes, that's what the dems/obama and the MSM would like you to believe - the new normal.

Without the stimulus unemployment would probably be 12-15%
According to obama and his "uniquely qualified" team of incompetent boobs, without the stimulus, the UE rate would peak around 9.4%. I'd say they missed that by a good mile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
You do realize that the stimulus contained the largest tax cut in US history right? Yep, Obama pushed for and signed into law the largest tax cut ever.
Nonsense. Who told you that? I thought the gazillion dollar bush tax cuts were the largest in history.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:21 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Better than 20%, or not?
Bu, Bu, but, but but, they promised unemployment would go over 8% without that trillion dollars of stimulus. Now our kids are saddled with a debt that will be very tough to pay and unemployment is quite a bit over 8%. Somebody lied to us and he knew he was lying at the time.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:32 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Wait a minute.

You lib/commie/pinko/progressives have been screaming about the Bush tax cuts being only for the rich.

Why then are they working on a plan to extend the tax cuts for everyone but the wealthy? Quite the conundrum. How do you go from "tax cuts for the rich" to "extending the tax cuts for all?" Have the dems been lying? Could it be?

Old 09-06-2010, 06:34 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
$13? Wow! Mine came out to $4 a month!

Some are just lucky I guess!
And if you're a smoker, you took a .65 cent per pack tax increase on the chin. Thank you democrats.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:39 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Wait a minute.

You lib/commie/pinko/progressives have been screaming about the Bush tax cuts being only for the rich.

Why then are they working on a plan to extend the tax cuts for everyone but the wealthy? Quite the conundrum. How do you go from "tax cuts for the rich" to "extending the tax cuts for all?" Have the dems been lying? Could it be?
It's amazing isn't it? I've seen Obama say the Bush tax cuts were only for the rich. In the same speech he will say he is going to extend the same tax cuts for the non-rich.

It's kinda like dems telling us for decades that health insurance companies would rather let us suffer and die than to pay a claim. Then they turn around and force us all to buy policies from the same evil companies.

Democrats support sufferation and death.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:40 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,676,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Obama is about to leave for Camp David.

No worries for those without a job. Obama is working hard for you

Remember to vote democrat
This is a sample of the crap of partisan politics, had the "other team" won in 08 I seriously doubt that we'd be doing any better in the economic sense. Most thinking american's can see the fallacy of party politics, and most older American's can see that both parties are thieves who use their theatrics in DC to convince the meatheads of their sincerity.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:40 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
You're doing a heck of a job Democrats!
I thought only a small portion of the stimulus money was used????
Hm, now they (current admin) say we need another one????
(Darn, those unions are getting filthy rich, is it okay to vilify them yet? getting filthy rich and all )

Old 09-06-2010, 06:43 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,419 times
Quote:
wait a minute.

You lib/commie/pinko/progressives have been screaming about the bush tax cuts being only for the rich.

Why then are they working on a plan to extend the tax cuts for everyone but the wealthy? Quite the conundrum. How do you go from "tax cuts for the rich" to "extending the tax cuts for all?" have the dems been lying? Could it be?
bingo

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies