Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 12:45 AM

38,651 posts, read 26,457,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
You're just playing and telling jokes...please be serious...we're tickled to death over here laughing at you, but this is a serious topic.

"all economists"...lol

Thomas Woods
Walter Block
Lew Rockwell
Gary North

All economists that said the economy was going to crash.

How do you not understand that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Ha - perfect example of what the Rs want in the voting booth in Nov

Care to argue with the actual numbers in the actual story?

OK

They used a static model.

Your turn.

Old 09-04-2010, 12:50 AM

Quote:
The difference is this is a supposition based in math. Your statement; however, is a non sequitur.

If by math you mean fantacy, I agree.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:11 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,517,695 times
Quote:
You're just playing and telling jokes...please be serious...we're tickled to death over here laughing at you, but this is a serious topic.

"all economists"...lol
You might want to re read my post. I didn't say "all economists" meaning every economist out there.

I listed some names of economists that say govt intervention has prolonged the Obama's recession and back it up with actual facts. Then I wrote "All economists that...." When I said "all" I was referring specifically to the ones listed.

And people are laughing at me? LOLs. You should look at the article you listed. "What if this and what if that." LMFAO. What a tool.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:17 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,234,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Good point....the economy started it's downhill slide when Democrats took control of Congress in 2007.
Sorry, not true. Fun to believe I guess if you're the blindly believing type, but false

Old 09-04-2010, 06:38 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,633,310 times
Lightbulb lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
You might want to re read my post. I didn't say "all economists" meaning every economist out there.

I listed some names of economists that say govt intervention has prolonged the Obama's recession and back it up with actual facts. Then I wrote "All economists that...." When I said "all" I was referring specifically to the ones listed.

And people are laughing at me? LOLs. You should look at the article you listed. "What if this and what if that."
Ok, I've re-read your post. Now that you've explained I see the error is simply a poor command of proper sentence structure and/or writing skill.

"Here are four economists" etc, would have been more concise and conveyed the intent and meaning behind your statement.

Of course we're laughing, you're funny.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:50 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,633,310 times
Wink lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If by math you mean fantacy, I agree.
"For some math is fantasy"; Thank you for clarifying your position. I think; however, the rest of us will stick with the math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Thomas Woods
Walter Block
Lew Rockwell
Gary North

Here are four {All} economists that said the economy was going to crash.

How do you not understand that?
Oh it's understandable...

Old 09-04-2010, 06:51 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,517,695 times
Quote:
Ok, I've re-read your post. Now that you've explained I see the error is simply a poor command of proper sentence structure and/or writing skill.

"Here are four economists" etc, would have been more concise and conveyed the intent and meaning behind your statement.

Of course we're laughing, you're funny.
Yawn.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:57 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,943,968 times
Quote:
Interesting...

Source - Newsweek

ouch.
Not to rain on your parade but this is just another opinion piece for the most part motivated by political need. MSNBC has even resorted to projecting how bad it would be if the Republicans had been in charge. There is no reason to debate who, what, where, when. Let's just concentrate on the ineptness of the current government and the extreme, need they and their blind followers have to speculate the negative rather than live on the own merits. That seems fair enough to me. If a honest person were to ponder this the outcome is obvious. The Democrats have done nothing of value to run on, thus stir up fear of what might have been if......

Pretty pathetic no matter which party's strategy it is.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:59 AM

37,963 posts, read 17,942,725 times
Quote:
The Economists who have done the math have come to a much different conclusion.
The very same ones who didn't see the crash coming are the ones you are relying on? What's the theory behind that? Even a blind dog finds a bone? Keep betting on the Cubs, I'll bet on the Yankees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies