Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 08:23 PM

17,418 posts, read 14,642,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub View Post
Evidently, most of the people on this forum base their politics on one simple model. Being anti-US is cool.

Nearly every thread in this section boils down to this basic Liberal formula - if something is pro-US or in keeping with American tradition it is wrong.

If someone is pro-US, or wants to keep any American tradition or culture alive they are ignorant.

Obviously, there is no thinking involved in this. It is merely assumed that no pro-US person went to college and sat through the same Liberal indoctrination class that they did otherwise they would know that it is PC to be anti-US.

Here is a news flash. That same anti-US crap is peddled in every university in America and has been for years. We have all heard it a million times. You are not "enlightened" because you bought into all the self loathing, we are the bad guys, the system is rigged, revisionist history, and all the other BS. In fact, if you bought into that crap you are nothing but a conformist like the other 98% of college kids who believe it. Do you really think thinking just like every other kid makes your thinking unique?

Truth is, these idiot professors who know nothing about real life, are merely playing on the natural rebellion of the average college student. They put you in an atmosphere where this rebellious nature is fully immersed in their ideology with no voice of opposition. It is a simple brain washing technique and you have all been fooled. In essence, you have become members of a cult. The cult of political correctness.

It really never occurred to you that you never heard a single Conservative voice during your entire time in college? You never wondered why an institution that alleges to encourage "objective thought" specifically bans all opposing viewpoints? Have you not noticed that people who promote this ideology routinely attack the character of those with whom they disagree rather than attempting to argue the merits of their ideas? Do you really believe that is how intelligent people debate - by calling their opponents names such as racist, Homophobe, Islamophobe, etc? You never considered the fact that maybe they do this because they know their arguments don't hold up under scrutiny? The technique, like the others is an old Marxist one - the ends justify the means. Or, all that matters is promoting Marxism regardless of how you do it. This includes slandering those with whom you disagree instead of debating them, indoctrinating young impressionable college students, etc.

If you truly want to reach enlightenment, you need to come full circle. You need to realize that America despite her faults is a truly exceptional Nation and that the free market system despite its faults is the best system the world has seen to date. You need to realize that the basic tenants of the Judeo-Christian tradition form the basis of a happy and healthy life. You don't have to be religious, but the tenants of this tradition are pretty much non-negotiable. Things like hard work, honesty, integrity, self reliance and charity are what make a good person and what creates wealth, health and happiness. There is no imaginary "man" who determines one's lot in life. It is up to the individual to make the right choices and create a good life for themselves.

Trust me, nobody is "ignorant" to the ways of thinking that have been forced into your brain. We have all heard them. The difference is that some of us have the wisdom to be able to separate the truth from a bunch of nonsense peddled by quasi-Marxists with their head up their hind quarters.

Now, if you take my words to heart, you too have this wisdom. Use it in good health.
I agree with your entire post.

Thank you for taking the time to post ... I thought your analysis was dead on.

And it reminded me of my favorite college professor - who happened to be a very conservative & very French poli sci instructor who shared a lot of your views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 08:26 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Basically, I think the OP is saying that liberalism is a mental disorder, and he has no regard whatsoever for liberal opinions. Only conservative opinions are worth considering, in his mind.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:03 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times
1) None of my professors ever tried to force political viewpoints. However, it is a fact that the vast majority of people in my university side with a more liberal viewpoint. There is absolutely no evidence of having been forced, or indoctrinated to become a liberal, as you have assumed. Anyone who was Republican was only doing it to avoid high taxes - not for any other social issue that most Republicans hold dear. Most people are liberal by CHOICE.

2) Our university sides with Israel/Zionism and is against any other viewpoints especially those from Islamic students. That's pretty jacked up, but it seems quite Conservative to me! You should be thanking them.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:04 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

And it reminded me of my favorite college professor - who happened to be a very conservative & very French poli sci instructor who shared a lot of your views.
Well, you just disproved OP's whole post with that last paragraph. Who said there wasn't conservative indoctrination in colleges?

Old 09-05-2010, 02:58 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Liberals wear their "Hate America First" badges with pride. They think they are original, different, revolutionary, unique, and counter-culture cool. They don't realize that they've been trained to think like they do since birth, in the form of children's television shows, Hollywood TV, music, and movies, their education, etc. So actually, instead of being unique and intellectual, they are in fact just another brainwashed pea in the corporate conformist pod.

I'm just glad I'm not one of them.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:02 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edub View Post
Evidently, most of the people on this forum base their politics on one simple model. Being anti-US is cool.

Nearly every thread in this section boils down to this basic Liberal formula - if something is pro-US or in keeping with American tradition it is wrong.

If someone is pro-US, or wants to keep any American tradition or culture alive they are ignorant.

Obviously, there is no thinking involved in this. It is merely assumed that no pro-US person went to college and sat through the same Liberal indoctrination class that they did otherwise they would know that it is PC to be anti-US.

Here is a news flash. That same anti-US crap is peddled in every university in America and has been for years. We have all heard it a million times. You are not "enlightened" because you bought into all the self loathing, we are the bad guys, the system is rigged, revisionist history, and all the other BS. In fact, if you bought into that crap you are nothing but a conformist like the other 98% of college kids who believe it. Do you really think thinking just like every other kid makes your thinking unique?

Truth is, these idiot professors who know nothing about real life, are merely playing on the natural rebellion of the average college student. They put you in an atmosphere where this rebellious nature is fully immersed in their ideology with no voice of opposition. It is a simple brain washing technique and you have all been fooled. In essence, you have become members of a cult. The cult of political correctness.

It really never occurred to you that you never heard a single Conservative voice during your entire time in college? You never wondered why an institution that alleges to encourage "objective thought" specifically bans all opposing viewpoints? Have you not noticed that people who promote this ideology routinely attack the character of those with whom they disagree rather than attempting to argue the merits of their ideas? Do you really believe that is how intelligent people debate - by calling their opponents names such as racist, Homophobe, Islamophobe, etc? You never considered the fact that maybe they do this because they know their arguments don't hold up under scrutiny? The technique, like the others is an old Marxist one - the ends justify the means. Or, all that matters is promoting Marxism regardless of how you do it. This includes slandering those with whom you disagree instead of debating them, indoctrinating young impressionable college students, etc.

If you truly want to reach enlightenment, you need to come full circle. You need to realize that America despite her faults is a truly exceptional Nation and that the free market system despite its faults is the best system the world has seen to date. You need to realize that the basic tenants of the Judeo-Christian tradition form the basis of a happy and healthy life. You don't have to be religious, but the tenants of this tradition are pretty much non-negotiable. Things like hard work, honesty, integrity, self reliance and charity are what make a good person and what creates wealth, health and happiness. There is no imaginary "man" who determines one's lot in life. It is up to the individual to make the right choices and create a good life for themselves.

Trust me, nobody is "ignorant" to the ways of thinking that have been forced into your brain. We have all heard them. The difference is that some of us have the wisdom to be able to separate the truth from a bunch of nonsense peddled by quasi-Marxists with their head up their hind quarters.

Now, if you take my words to heart, you too have this wisdom. Use it in good health.

Wow, that's heavy dude.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:04 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

Any college professor worth a dayum would have shredded that "Argument" as it employed nothing but Jr. High logical fallacy arguments.

Big fat "F".

Old 09-05-2010, 04:20 PM

17,418 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Well, you just disproved OP's whole post with that last paragraph. Who said there wasn't conservative indoctrination in colleges?
I think the OPs point is a valid one ... and one I agree with.

The only thing I don't agree with, no matter who says it (dems, repubs, and especially my kids) is "always" & "never" because there is never such a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Any college professor worth a dayum would have shredded that "Argument" as it employed nothing but Jr. High logical fallacy arguments.

Big fat "F".
Uh, no. Most college instructors are of the liberal persuasion - are you disagreeing with that fact?

It's funny though, because by saying that any college prof would've "shredded that argument" actually proves the point of the OP. Of course they would've disagreed - because as a whole, they're not tolerant of opposing viewpoints.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:08 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
And he who can't think for one's self - becomes a conservative.

I will never understand your side's assault on higher learning. If conservatives are so good at parenting and "family values", shouldn't your parenting skills have been enough to dissuade your children from listening to such "nonsense"? Or is this whole thread more of a testament to your failure as parents?

Furthermore, if academics are such dolts, why does the right always listen to their studies and speculations on the economy?
The reason the right is anti education is simple. The only reason the right exists in the USA is because they can fool so many people so many times with their techniques that will only work on those who have no grasp of history, political science and current events.
Sure there are highly educated peoploe who support the right but their reason for doing so is because they are members of that small minority that the right wing truly represents. The people do not realize that the right in the USA has opposed every single reform that has made the nation at least partly a modern society. They oppose with everything they have the idea of creating a more just society, a kinder and caring society. What they support and always have is the "Spoils go to the winner" society and if you are not the winner you are the looser and you get squat benefits from the society as a whole." If you were smarter and worked harder then you would be with the winners who are us."

Now of course this message of the reality of who the right is and what they stand for would not fly so they invent red herrings to fool the gullable. "We represent family values". We are keeping America free and the other guys arn't". We are the only true patriotic Americans and anyone who disagrees with us is not".

I listen to the leaders of the American right on TV. I read what they have said on the net and I am just flabbergasted at their obvious stupidity and their unbelievable contempt of the intelligence of those who are listening to to them. They change their version of reality on a daily basis according to the polls and the ridgid ideology that comes down on them from such places as Fox news.

Now how could you possibly ask why most educated people will not support these Know nothing do nothing political Whores who only answer to their masters, the special interests?? It's really a no brainer.

Old 09-05-2010, 06:52 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Be a good patriotic American - don't send your kids to college.
Instead, give them a taste of the real world...like tell them about Jesus, that god wants Americans to be rich, how to stand up to subversives such as gays, atheists, liberals, and muslims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies