Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 09:40 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,177 times

Advertisements

BigJon3475

Its easy to refer to someone as ignorant if he feels W was a bungler-----you make no sense in your rebuttals.

1. I didnt claim to say Iraq, N Korea and Iran were benevolent and humanistic countries---far from it but to openly refer them as the axis of evil in the international debate---come on.

2. Everybody is laughing at the butchering of Katrina by W and his comrades. Ask the people of the gulf regarding their deep love and appreciation of Ws handling of Katrina---they are certainly not laughing.

3. You deny the Chaney, especially in the first five or six years of Ws presidency didnt pull the strings----yikes.

4. I again am not praising his lordship Obama---not at all. I am not claiming you are ignorant----I have noticed a recurrent trend in the constant blasts coming from Faux news and the Limberger crowd----they bark ignorance over and over again----welcome to the premier radio network.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 09:45 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
BigJon3475
1. I didnt claim to say Iraq, N Korea and Iran were benevolent and humanistic countries---far from it but to openly refer them as the axis of evil in the international debate---come on.
I see foreign policy isn't your strongest attribute.
Quote:
2. Everybody is laughing at the butchering of Katrina by W and his comrades. Ask the people of the gulf regarding their deep love and appreciation of Ws handling of Katrina---they are certainly not laughing.
Do you even have a clue what's happening down there? It wasn't Obama that set forth billions to upgrading a levy system that was outdated 40 years prior to Bush being elected...
Quote:
3. You deny the Chaney, especially in the first five or six years of Ws presidency didnt pull the strings----yikes.
What do you have against James Earl Chaney who gave his life for civil rights?

Old 09-08-2010, 10:43 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
have you even seen the recent polling data from the gulf? the residents there will tell you that bush handled katrina far better than obama handled the oil spill. and if you look at the real history you will find that all the funds sent to nola to reinforce the levees never got to the levee reinforcement programs, and this was long before bush was president. the various wards pocketed the money for their own purposes.

and as far as the federal response, ever hear of the posse cumitatus act? before the federal government can step in and take over an emergency situation in a state, the governor of that state MUST ask the president to send in the troops to help out. and the coast guard was on the spot just hours after the storm passed pulling people from rooftops around the city.

fema had supplies positioned to help nola out, but those supplies were blocked from getting to the city for a few days after the storm.

and you also forget that mayor ray nagin delayed ordering a mandatory evacuation of the city, and refused to follow hos own emergency plan of action should a storm like katrina hit the city. 250 school buses, more than enough to get the people who needed transportation out, sat idle, even though the city evacuation plan called for their use.

so before you blame bush for poor handling of katrina, check out the real sequence of events.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:53 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
George Bush is universally recognized as one of the worst presidents, if not the worst, in history. "Frighteningly ignorant" he has been described in the international cummunity and his presidency was an utter failure. Can you at least admit that you were wrong about this man being suitable to run the country?

If you can at least do that, then there's some sign that you are able to transcend the incompetency that he represented. As it stands now, your support for him and what he represented shows serious flaws in judgment and political instinct.
At least Bush could spell "community" correctly.

Bush ran the country well.

What you told Bush through your actions and deeds, is this:

I want cheap gasoline and lots of cheap consumer trinkets to consume as rapidly as possible, and I want to spend, spend, spend until my daddy takes my credit card away, and I don't care what you have to do to ensure that I have it.

What Bush understood by your actions and deeds is this:

I want cheap gasoline and lots of cheap consumer trinkets to consume as rapidly as possible, and I want to spend, spend, spend until my daddy takes my credit card away, and I don't care what you have to do to ensure that I have it.

And now you have the unmitigated gall to complain when the man did exactly what you wanted him to do.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:08 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
At least Bush could spell "community" correctly.
bush could also pronounce corpsman properly (kore-man), vs obama (korpse-man).

Old 09-09-2010, 02:13 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
bigjon3475

its easy to refer to someone as ignorant if he feels w was a bungler-----you make no sense in your rebuttals.

1. I didnt claim to say iraq, n korea and iran were benevolent and humanistic countries---far from it but to openly refer them as the axis of evil in the international debate---come on.

2. Everybody is laughing at the butchering of katrina by w and his comrades. Ask the people of the gulf regarding their deep love and appreciation of ws handling of katrina---they are certainly not laughing.

3. You deny the chaney, especially in the first five or six years of ws presidency didnt pull the strings----yikes.

4. I again am not praising his lordship obama---not at all. I am not claiming you are ignorant----i have noticed a recurrent trend in the constant blasts coming from faux news and the limberger crowd----they bark ignorance over and over again----welcome to the premier radio network.
msnbc?

Old 09-09-2010, 03:03 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
msnbc?
Great channel, very credible compared to the freak show over on Fox..
Go get em Ed

Old 09-09-2010, 02:01 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The CIA experienced a 25% attrition rate during Clinton's presidency leading up to us being blindsided on 9/11 and you blame Bush for faulty intelligence? Maybe if liberals didn't make dismantling and neutering our intelligence community their top priority we could have a half decent chance of learning about terrorist attacks BEFORE they occur. If the first attack on the WTC wasn't a wake up call for Clinton to double-down on intelligence, I don't know what would have been.

Keep in mind too that our allies are always reluctant to share their intelligence with us because the gang of eight leaks to the press on a regular basis. Loose lips as it were.

Oh, I almost forgot...

YouTube - Democrats before Iraq War started....

Completely agree. And now Obama is dismateling the military? Makes one wonder.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:15 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Not as good as the far right was at political suicide when McSame put Palin on his ticket. I personally do not want ANYONE in office who cant even read a newspaper, and attended 7 colleges in 8 years.There are enough idiots in office already thanks.
I bet you are really proud of Biden then. He's a pretty good "effing" speaker for such a highly educated guy.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:49 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
exactly. liberals keep saying that bush lied, but the truth is that presidents DO NOT generate intelligence reports, that is the responsibility of the intelligence agencies in the US and around the world.

we know that saddam had WMD's because he USED them against the iranians, and the kurds, and dont give me that crap of "yeah he had them but he used them all up", because i know of NO country that uses weapons of any kind that does not replenish their stock of weapons. before iraqi freedom started, saddam had several months in which to get rid of incriminating evidence of his WMD programs. heck the guy ordered mig25's buried in the desert so they would not be destroyed when we started the bombing. as we approached bagdhad there were eye witness reports of soldiers dumping chemicals into the tigress river. illegal weapons were found, as we artillery shells designed to carry chemical warheads, stored alongside the very chemicals that are used in chemical weapons.
550 tons of yellow cake uranium was found and shipped to canada.

various intelligence agencies around the world had reports that saddam had WMD's, including the russians, the saudis, the israelis, the british, among others.
It really makes you wonder exactly if, or how much of Saddam's WMDs were simply moved out of the country, once it was clear the coalition forces were going to invade in 2003.

MISSING EXPLOSIVES
195 metric tons of HMX
141 metric tons of RDX
5.8 metric tons of PETN

Almost 300 metric tons of high explosives that the UN inspectors tagged, and no one knows where they went.

BBC NEWS | Middle East | High explosives 'missing in Iraq'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies