Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 01:36 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times

Advertisements

George Bush is universally recognized as one of the worst presidents, if not the worst, in history. "Frighteningly ignorant" he has been described in the international cummunity and his presidency was an utter failure. Can you at least admit that you were wrong about this man being suitable to run the country?

If you can at least do that, then there's some sign that you are able to transcend the incompetency that he represented. As it stands now, your support for him and what he represented shows serious flaws in judgment and political instinct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 01:38 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
I voted for Clinton twice, didn't vote for Bush twice... and I didn't vote for Obama.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:15 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,518,435 times
No, I really can't

I might reconsider it the day the Obama actually does
something positive for America and when San Francisco
is no longer a sanctuary city that promotes Illegals, Amnesty and boycotts

I see you have yet not received your updated copy of
"How & What today's liberals should Post on Forums"

When Democrats use conservative language to promote their agenda, it ultimately creates more support for Republicans.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:26 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
No, I really can't

I might reconsider it the day the Obama actually does
something positive for America and when San Francisco
is no longer a sanctuary city that promotes Illegals, Amnesty and boycotts

I see you have yet not received your updated copy of
"How & What today's liberals should Post on Forums"

When Democrats use conservative language to promote their agenda, it ultimately creates more support for Republicans.
That would be just dandy, if there were any Republican candidates being offered up that have any ideas and stances that really address the problems and interests of the average American. All they are about these days is obstruction and rhetoric. All about winning elections on propaganda and lies. They are the party of "no" and let's take us all back to the dark and dismal days of Bush. They play in the ignorance of their base and I would love a third party, but the the Republican Party isn't even a legit party anymore. They are a blend of Tea Party candidate whackos, lobbyist whores and old southern bigots. Get yourself some genuine candidates like the ones the Republicans had in the time of Rockefeller and then you can be excited and proud about electing them into office.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 09-04-2010 at 02:36 PM..

Old 09-04-2010, 02:33 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
I can't even begin to fathom the stupidity of people who supported Bush and still support him.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:37 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
George Bush is universally recognized as one of the worst presidents, if not the worst, in history. "Frighteningly ignorant" he has been described in the international cummunity and his presidency was an utter failure. Can you at least admit that you were wrong about this man being suitable to run the country?

If you can at least do that, then there's some sign that you are able to transcend the incompetency that he represented. As it stands now, your support for him and what he represented shows serious flaws in judgment and political instinct.
I don't think President Bush was ignorant and you haven't said why you think so, so how bright are you? I didn't agree with him on spending and illegal immigration and that's about it but compared to Obama and spending, Bush pales. I liked him very much as a person, too.

I'm currently reading Karl Rove's book, "Courage and Consequence" although his book isn't about President Bush as much as it is about Karl Rove and working in that administration. I will read President Bush's book when it comes out. I read Obama's Audacity book, too.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:38 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
That would be just dandy, if there were any Republican candidates being offered up that have any ideas and stances that really address the problems and interests of the average American. All they are about these days is obstruction and rhetoric. All about winning elections on propaganda and lies. They are the party of "no" and let's take us all back to the dark and dismal days of Bush. They play in the ignorance of their base and I would love a third party, but the the Republican Party isn't even a legit party anymore. They are a blend of Tea Party candidate whackos, loobbyist whores and old southern bigots. Get yourself some genuine candidates like the ones the Republicans had in the time of Rockefeller and then you can be excited and proud about electing them into office.
There are plenty of them. But they are not in power. When you have no pulpit, your ideas do not get recognized, no matter how good the ideas are.

Bush had bi-partisan support on every bill that he signed. Look it up. He and Ted Kennedy formed the "No child left behind" and the "prescription part D" bills. Obama has super majorities in both houses and still has a problem getting bills passed. The reason? Because they're radical and unpopular.

Imagine Obama saying "I really like the republicans idea on taxes".

Obama's agenda actually hurts "average" Americans.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:38 PM

8,885 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I can't even begin to fathom the stupidity of people who supported Bush and still support him.
I can't fathom people who would have think Al Gore and John Kerry were palatable alternatives. Besides, when are liberals going to realize President Bush has been out of the White House for getting on to 2 years, and continuing to behave like he's still there is growing mighty old?

Old 09-04-2010, 02:41 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post

that depends on what you are reading or listening to at any given time. I believe Carter rates up there pretty high amd I am not sure Obama won't as well in another few years.

Maybe more can admit they might have been wrong when you admit you are occassional wrong. That will never happen, we have all learned that.

Nita

Old 09-04-2010, 02:42 PM

531 posts, read 338,009 times
I don't think hes universally looked at as one of the worst presidents ever. If by universal you mean by commies, dictators, and democrats than yea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies