Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 08:54 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Really???

And how to you know the way my health care is paid????
Huh? "Administration" is not "paying." Your insurance company administers your health ins plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 08:56 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Huh? "Administration" is not "paying." Your insurance company administers your health ins plan.
And under Obamacare the HHS outlines how insurance companies are allowed to administer payment and how physicians are allowed to administer care. Read the law dear.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:00 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
And under Obamacare the HHS outlines how insurance companies are allowed to administer payment and how physicians are allowed to administer care. Read the law dear.

Why should she read it,no one in congress has read it!

Old 09-05-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Could you stop calling me "dear" and "sweetie"? Thanks.

The "Obamacare" "outlines" protect you as a consumer; read the law yourself and undo those chains you're clinging to.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:08 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
Lots of links on this - here's a couple:

Medicaid program found to be a strain on emergency rooms .

People on Medicaid -- a $300 billion federal and state insurance program that covers 58 million adults and children who are poor or disabled -- visit emergency rooms at the highest rate, according to the CDC.

A public health model of Medicaid emergency room use

Sixty-one percent of all ER visits by welfare recipients were deemed inappropriate, compared with 33 percent of all ER visits by private insurance payers, and 13 percent of all ER visits by Medicare recipients.

When it's all free, why go to the trouble of scheduling a visit to a primary care provider? What if the appointment they give you conflicts with Oprah when she has Lady Gaga On???
So are you saying that people (medicaid) would rather go to the ER and wait for 5 or 6 hours than go to the doctor and wait for one hour?

Old 09-05-2010, 09:08 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,488 times
Quote:

The "Obamacare" "outlines" protect you as a consumer; read the law yourself and undo those chains you're clinging to.

LMAO...How so,protected from what??

Please post a link where it shows I'm going to be protected and what I'm protected from.

Is it going to "Protect" me from skyrocketing costs?

Don't worry I can already answer that for you.....NO!

The only good part of this bill is you can't be denied fro any pre-existing conditions.....

Old 09-05-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
LMAO...How so,protected from what??

Please post a link where it shows I'm going to be protected and what I'm protected from.

Is it going to "Protect" me from skyrocketing costs?

Don't worry I can already answer that for you.....NO!

The only good part of this bill is you can't be denied fro any pre-existing conditions.....
No, there are lots of good parts of this Act, which will benefit you. Are you really asking me to go look up stuff in it for you? I thought you knew it inside out and backwards, judging from your adamant rejection of it. Hmmm.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:14 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:

Dear, dear,dear, oh dear, let me be perfectly clear.

It is not consumer protection to limit my access to health care services and to decide what I may and may not recieve or what treatments my doctor is allowed to offer of those already determined as safe.

Were the Obama administration concerned abaout either cost or protection they would look into tort reform. Nope this is all about control and forcing the evolution toward government controlled single payer health system. The same system that is currently failing and bankrupting Great Britain.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:16 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,362,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Of course you realize that everyone's premiums are even now being raised to cover the cost of paying for people who are already sick?

Oh, and that the availability of coverage allows people to go without insurance until they actually need it?

It's kinda like letting you buy car insurance after the accident...

Old 09-05-2010, 09:20 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,362,805 times
Quote:
No, there are lots of good parts of this Act, which will benefit you. Hmmm.
That must be why all the House dems are campaigning on their support for HCR...

Dems run ... health care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies