Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 08:55 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by independentsucka View Post
people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. west coast, the most racially intolerant area in the nation, and the NE, where there are no minorities.
Got ^ this at the same source?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 08:58 AM

646 posts, read 393,936 times
by source do you mean statistics and history? last time we had a major race riot, los angeles. now here's a link to the whitest states in america.

WikiAnswers - What are the top ten whitest states

that is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Got ^ this at the same source?

Old 09-05-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
by source do you mean statistics and history? last time we had a major race riot, los angeles. now here's a link to the whitest states in america.

WikiAnswers - What are the top ten whitest states

that is all.
I wonder why this thread is about a situation in Mississippi... and I wonder why there's no "race riot" about it there

(re your expression "major race riot," I'd call any "race riot" "major", since no matter its size or amount of news coverage it indicates a serious problem, wherever it's happening... wouldnt you? If you thought about it?)

Old 09-05-2010, 09:31 AM

you made an irrational statement about the south, and I provided proof that the south is no different than anywhere else. anywhere you have more than 1 race living together, you will have situations. in the NE, you don't have different races, so you don't have those situations. in CA, you have situations with blacks, koreans, and mexicans. not sure if you knew this, but there are people besides white southerners that can be racially intolerant. might want to get out more, and if you are feeling adventurous, actually visit the south.

Quote:
I wonder why this thread is about a situation in Mississippi... and I wonder why there's no "race riot" about it there

(re your expression "major race riot," I'd call any "race riot" "major", since no matter its size or amount of news coverage it indicates a serious problem, wherever it's happening... wouldnt you? If you thought about it?)

Old 09-05-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
you made an irrational statement about the south, and I provided proof that the south is no different than anywhere else. anywhere you have more than 1 race living together, you will have situations. in the NE, you don't have different races, so you don't have those situations. in CA, you have situations with blacks, koreans, and mexicans. not sure if you knew this, but there are people besides white southerners that can be racially intolerant. might want to get out more, and if you are feeling adventurous, actually visit the south.
I never said the South is the only place where whites, or blacks, can be racially intolerant. But because of its history of white on black cruelty and oppression -- which Southern whites fought to maintain -- the South is the only national region where such a thing as the OP's event could take place in the modern day -- race relations in the South are different than elsewhere because of it. Peculiar you could say. Lol, re visiting the South -- thanks for the tip.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:45 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
I guess people could always just move up to the tolerant NE. you know, where they're separate but equal. I read somewhere that all 4 black people in the NE felt welcome usually.
I am from PA. I have lived in NY & NJ.
These states are part of the NE & they have many minorities.

What this school did is a crime & I hope they get their assess sued off.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:50 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Did any of you pinheads shouting "stupid hillbilly rednecks" even bother to gain an understanding of why the school apportions these offices this way? They limit eligibility on a rotating schedule to ensure that black students have a chance to serve the offices in proportion to school's black population. So when they make a misguided but sincere effort to be inclusive of minorities and make sure they get a chance to hold positions of prestige, they still earn your derision and scorn as backward knuckle-dragging rednecks. How open-minded and tolerant of you.

Last edited by Drover; 09-05-2010 at 10:02 AM..

Old 09-05-2010, 09:55 AM

3,378 posts, read 5,009,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Does the school fly the Confederate flag too?

Mississippi=redneck central
While I have been to Mississippi, and you most likely have not, I can say you are wrong. Mississippi is a really rural and friendly place.

Besides the article is by Think Progress for crying out loud! Can you really expect an objective article from them.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:57 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Quote:

I believe the highest per capita ratio of Black to White citizens is in Mississippi. We in the South, have less problems racially than our Northern neighbors.

It is easy to have great racial relations when there is only one race.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:00 AM

PA, NJ, and NY are the northeast like NC is the deep south. for the record, I have never in my life met people more racist than in NY, and PA. granted, they were from the sticks, the racial slurs flowed from their tongues like saliva. as for suing the school, I think what you mean is sue the tax payers. schools don't have any money, so your idea of suing the tax payers is absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I am from PA. I have lived in NY & NJ.
These states are part of the NE & they have many minorities.

What this school did is a crime & I hope they get their assess sued off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies