Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2010, 10:24 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,316,443 times

Advertisements

I'm ultra-right and I hate christianity because of the hypocrisy of saying they're republicans but then trying to force religious agenda into laws...hello! We're supposed to want smaller, less interfering government. We're supposed to honor the separation of church and state in the constitution. Stop undermining and subverting our party and making us look like idiots!

Your f'in' hypocrisy colors us all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 10:26 AM

1,187 posts, read 2,392,356 times
Using federal tax dollars for repairing religious institutions then would 'establish' the state's preference for which churches it will repair. Therefore, no religious institutions should get any federal money. This example is one of many that Christians complain about. Raise your own money and fix your own church.

The 'Establishment Clause' indeed separates church and state and anyone who claims otherwise has a tyrannical agenda, ultimately, to make YOU see and hear all about THEIR religion via state-sanctioned entities. Without this important separation, you end up with places like Iran or other theocracies where freedoms exist but try go get any real justice when your 'rights' are violated.

I read the Constitution and understand it. It did not establish religion and prohibits the federal establishment of one. In ANY way. Period. What is so hard to get about that? The Democrats get it and the Republicans simply find the Constitution once again an inconvenient truth. We are not Christian Nation as hard as you wish and pray it were. And Thank God for that.

If you are against gay marriage, don't have one or check the ____Will Not Attend box when you RSVP. Liberty and justice is for everyone. EVERYONE. Christianity is a CHOICE. Liberty and Justice are a given.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:28 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,184,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
We're supposed to honor the separation of church and state in the constitution.
Please be kind enough to tell me where that is written in the Constitution. I must have have a defective copy...

Old 09-07-2010, 10:33 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,176,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Please be kind enough to tell me where that is written in the Constitution. I must have have a defective copy...
A good example; the christians want power and control over everyone and everything.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:37 AM

1,187 posts, read 2,392,356 times
We are supposed to as a civilized pluralistic society accept the Rule of Law.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:39 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,316,443 times
Quote:
Another christian convenience...interpreting things however you want isn't just limited to the bible anymore...

Old 09-07-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
A good example; the christians want power and control over everyone and everything.
A good example of knowing what is written and what is not. Separation of church and state does not appear in any law of the US anywhere. It is a popular misconception fueled by ignorance.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Another christian convenience...interpreting things however you want isn't just limited to the bible anymore...
Ignorance. Read the Constitution.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:48 AM

20,893 posts, read 16,066,251 times
Quote:
Amendment 1:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..."

Old 09-07-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Amendment 1:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..."
The words "separation", "church", and "state" seem to be missing. "Of" is there, I'll give you partial credit for the preposition. Let's examine what is there: is the first amendment saying that congress cannot establish a religion by law, or is it saying that there shall be no relationship whatsoever between the government and religion? I do hope your reading comprehension is up to this.

"for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor." They didn't seem to mind having God on their side during the Revolution, did they? (this from the Declaration of Independence for the many of you that have never read it.)

Last edited by Bideshi; 09-07-2010 at 11:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies