Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 03:05 AM

17 posts, read 17,853 times

Advertisements

For those of you out there who have been unemployed for over 2 years and are now considered one of the 99 weekers---it is time for us to UNITE and to let our Congress know we have power in our votes!!!
There are several groups of 99 weekers all over the USA, and they are preparing a march on the capitol prior to the mid term elections. The majority of all the 99 weekers (about 95%) are going to be voting a straight Democrat ticket this fall.
We need to show these Republicans and those other people (like Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity to name a few) that we are not "ignorant, lazy people" and we WANT to work!!!
These Republicans, on TV and in Congress have called us lazy, idle, not worth their time and most irritating-- our votes don't count!!! As one Republican Senator said "the unemployed don't vote, so why should we worry about them?"
We NEED to show them in Washington that we DO vote and we DO remember the names and slander they have done to us!!! It was Republicans who filibustered the last extension. It was the Republicans who demanded the Tier V be removed from the last bill!!!
WE NEED TO UNITE!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 07:18 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Wow, a union for the unemployed.

What will they think of next?

Don't get me wrong. I feel for the unemployed. I've been there too.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:20 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Pathetic is about I can muster in response to this.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:25 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j39jones View Post
For those of you out there who have been unemployed for over 2 years and are now considered one of the 99 weekers---it is time for us to UNITE and to let our Congress know we have power in our votes!!!
There are several groups of 99 weekers all over the USA, and they are preparing a march on the capitol prior to the mid term elections. The majority of all the 99 weekers (about 95%) are going to be voting a straight Democrat ticket this fall.
We need to show these Republicans and those other people (like Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity to name a few) that we are not "ignorant, lazy people" and we WANT to work!!!
These Republicans, on TV and in Congress have called us lazy, idle, not worth their time and most irritating-- our votes don't count!!! As one Republican Senator said "the unemployed don't vote, so why should we worry about them?"
We NEED to show them in Washington that we DO vote and we DO remember the names and slander they have done to us!!! It was Republicans who filibustered the last extension. It was the Republicans who demanded the Tier V be removed from the last bill!!!
WE NEED TO UNITE!!!!
So your voting a straight Democractic ticket? Isn't that about like cattle following each other to the slaughter house? I mean really I too was unemployed at one time(funny how it came during this idiot's administration), but have found my way back. Instead of spending your time and efforts on this, spend it getting a job, or creating a job for yourself......

Old 09-06-2010, 07:32 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times
How about a hot link?

Old 09-06-2010, 07:40 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,561 times
Quote:

WE NEED TO UNITE!!!!

Little bit of a contratiction huh?
(Pre-welfare)

You are united, you are all unemployed for nearly two years!

Old 09-06-2010, 07:41 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
What are you voting for..99 MORE weeks ?

Old 09-06-2010, 07:42 AM

952 posts, read 942,565 times
Quote:
WE NEED TO UNITE!!!!

under Obama and the Dims, American's 401(k)'s have turned into 101(k)s
and the economy in Chicago and New York City are so bad, the Mafia had to lay-off 2 Judges and a Congressman....

Old 09-06-2010, 08:11 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
I doubt I'd be yelling from the rooftops if I was someone that's been unemployed for 99 weeks!

Old 09-06-2010, 08:14 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Unemployed for 2 years and to think that instead of wanting to fix the job problem, they just want free money instead... how sad...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies