Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 01:31 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Yes democrats
Well, I meant, please give proof for your claim.

Quote:
No I dont think he gets it
As long as we're "yes he does, no he doesn't"-ing -- I'm pretty sure he does. How could he not?!

Quote:
Be real

[LEFT]“This would make it virtually impossible for non-union contractors to work on a job, more precisely for non-union construction workers to even get a job,” McMahon told CNSNews.com. “Project Labor Agreements would require 25- to 30-page long collective bargaining agreements.”
[/LEFT]
CNSNews.com - Construction Industry Opposes Obama Pro-Union Order (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/61274 - broken link)
[LEFT]Project Labor Agreements (PLA) could require any construction firm with a federal contract to obtain workers through union “hiring halls” or a centralized dispatch service, as opposed to just using their own workforce.[/LEFT]
That's dated Feb. 10. ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 02:15 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Even if we had a strong economy with jobs for everyone (which we clearly do not) there are a lot of infrastructure needs. The society for civil engineers notes that roads and bridges across the nation are in bad shape and need attention. Do we need more events like the I-35 bridge collapse in Minnesota?

I agree, too bad they did not do this before instead of all the money they wasted.
If Obama had done something smart with the wad of money he blew before
we would have jobs as well as our infrastructure as well. Hell, even I could have figured that out
now we are broke and he is still spending, what a dope!!

Old 09-06-2010, 02:38 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Well, I meant, please give proof for your claim.

As long as we're "yes he does, no he doesn't"-ing -- I'm pretty sure he does. How could he not?!

That's dated Feb. 10. ?
Who wrote the stimulus bill?

Yeah Obama is so in touch that hes taking all these vacations while so many are without jobs. He spent a year working on healthcare while so many needed jobs. How long as he been in office and how long as it taken for Jobs to be his focus?

Old 09-06-2010, 07:06 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
Quote:
Who wrote the stimulus bill?
We'll have to wait for them to pass it before we can read it.

Quote:
Yeah Obama is so in touch that hes taking all these vacations while so many are without jobs. He spent a year working on healthcare while so many needed jobs. How long as he been in office and how long as it taken for Jobs to be his focus?
Job one - he must build his legacy - and at any cost.

While America suffers, he parties, golfs, vacations.

Oh, I forgot the lies.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:22 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Oklahoma and Texas -- but they're great states for business investment! I wonder how they manage that, what corners they cut. Oh yeah, the current and future well-being of workers and their families!

We have a virtual cast system for workers here in MI. One set is the UAW member hired before the austerity measures were imposed on new hires. Those who were hired later work for a fraction of the pay and benefits unworthy of comparison to those received by the UAW's first group. Still others are industrial untouchables. They were previously employed by industries that supplied components to the Big Three. Now, since almost every one of these jobs have gone to Mexico and elsewhere, these workers are now the chronically unemployed who work for ever decreasing wages and fewer and fewer benefits. They are the ones leaving MI in droves to relocate in states like TX and OK.

In MI we say "Last one out, turn off the lights!"

Old 09-07-2010, 04:57 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Now, wait just one cotton picking minute.

Wasn't the $870 Billion stimulus supposed to take care of the roads and infrastructure? Why, yes it was.

How can $50 billion succeed where $870 billion failed?

He is floundering and desperate.

Oh, that's right! We had NO infrastructure spending during Bush's two terms.

Wait a minute....pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Old 09-07-2010, 04:59 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Sure. Come up to Michigan.

I94 in southwest Michigan has the signs. But no work.

Oh wait .... there have been 10 miles worth of barrels blocking one lane for months.

So ... apparently, the stimulus paid for workers to put up barrels.

And the stimulus will pay for them to take them down

Shovel ready jobs my butt.

LMMFAO at that moonbat asking for proof of this. Sure....come out with me for a day while I'm driving around making sales calls.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:16 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Even if we had a strong economy with jobs for everyone (which we clearly do not) there are a lot of infrastructure needs. The society for civil engineers notes that roads and bridges across the nation are in bad shape and need attention. Do we need more events like the I-35 bridge collapse in Minnesota?
uhm

isnt that what the 18.9 cents per gallon of FEDERAL gas tax is for???

isnt that what the 55 cents per gallon (new york) state gas tax is for????

isnt that what all the additional fees and taxes from when we register our cars and get our licenses is for???

isnt taht what all those EXTRA fees when you get a speeding ticket are for????

isnt that what the DOT approprations bill is for????

the 'infrastructure; is SUPPOSED to be taken care of and expanded and maintained YEARLY......no more is needed....do what they are SUPPOSED to do with the MONEY they ALREADY collect for it

Old 09-07-2010, 09:14 AM

516 posts, read 375,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm

isnt that what all the additional fees and taxes from when we register our cars and get our licenses is for???

the 'infrastructure; is SUPPOSED to be taken care of and expanded and maintained YEARLY......no more is needed....do what they are SUPPOSED to do with the MONEY they ALREADY collect for it
Spot on!

Old 09-07-2010, 09:28 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm

Exactly where has that money gone? Since we need our roads repaired so badly. That must be spending that money on other things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies