Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 10:17 AM

957 posts, read 758,083 times

Advertisements

I find it amusing that there are those on this board who defend the republicans who got us into this mess in the first place. They're willing to put those same republicans back in charge.
And to those who think I'm whining, you guys are a ****in joke. I'm retired (yeah, an old white guy who doesn't buy into the republican brand of BS) so I'm not worried about my job being outsourced to China, or having to work for what ever the company wants to dole out to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 10:23 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,581,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
I find it amusing that there are those on this board who defend the republicans who got us into this mess in the first place. They're willing to put those same republicans back in charge.
And to those who think I'm whining, you guys are a ****in joke. I'm retired (yeah, an old white guy who doesn't buy into the republican brand of BS) so I'm not worried about my job being outsourced to China, or having to work for what ever the company wants to dole out to me.
We are as a country for NOT doing the right things FOR THE PEOPLE.

The "right things" are only reserved for the crooked politicians.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:25 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
OP-you have an obsession with Obama......

I think you secretly like...no...LOVE him.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:31 AM

15,086 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Lol...when people start comparing Obama to Palin, we know he's going down the toilet.
Ain't that the truth

The bottom line is that Washington DC (congress and the White House) is just a gigantic whorehouse, with the Republicans and Democrats simply offering the customers the appearance of choice. At the end of the day, you get the same thing from both ... both will tell you they love you ... and both are lying.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:37 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
We are all just waiting out the clock until this Joker is rendered a lame duck and out of office. Two more years is a long time to say "NO" to the adolescent, to keep him from derailing us totally. But if the repubs can hang on, more power to them for stalling his every disastrous move.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:20 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times
The USA hasn't had a statesman at the helm in decades and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:53 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
Well just about everybody knows what happens when an unruly child keeps hearing 'NO'.

He throws a fit, in public for everyone to witness.

He wants his bon bons!

YouTube - The Best Commercial Ever

Old 09-07-2010, 12:56 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,728,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigchow View Post
I agree. I prefer Sarah Palin who is mature, thoughtful, and very knowledgeable. not.
Sarah Palin is a PRIVATE citizen. She can act any way she likes.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:02 PM

255 posts, read 219,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Ain't that the truth

The bottom line is that Washington DC (congress and the White House) is just a gigantic whorehouse, with the Republicans and Democrats simply offering the customers the appearance of choice. At the end of the day, you get the same thing from both ... both will tell you they love you ... and both are lying.
That and one thing I've noticed is that too many people don't distinguish between Liberal, Conservative, Republican, Democrat. Come on folks we need to remember that not all Republicans are Conservatives, and not all Democrats are Liberals, though sometimes it may seem like it.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:50 PM

968 posts, read 2,062,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Sarah Palin is a PRIVATE citizen. She can act any way she likes.

That is right. She was much more mature, thoughtful, and knowledgeable as Governor or when running for VP. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies