Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 03:13 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
His "speech" was an embarrassment. My teenage boys were laughing, it was so pathetic.

What is more embarrassing is he hasn't a clue that he is WAY out of sync with the American people and with basic normalcy. Really sad in a way. I think he lives in a state of perpetual confusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 06:25 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Then relatively, that would make Bush about 2 yrs old.
Bush isnt President anymore.
deal with it. Obama is.
Bush acted with way more class than Obama has. Obama is an embarassment and a disgrace. He is without a doubt the biggest mistake the American voters have ever made.
We're about to deal with it.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:47 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
He behaves in a less mature manner than my almost 18yr old son. I swear.
Sad sad sad.
He gets up on his podium and makes one juvenile comment after another.
Bashing, degrading, making fun of-just like a little kid would do towards
another that he 'didn't like'.
Unbelievable.
And to tell you the truth, I feel embarrassed 'for' him.

Watching the news and they just showed a blurb of his recent speech this weekend, here he is:
"THEY TALK ABOUT ME LIKE A DOG!"
I'm sure your right-winger talk show radio hosts / soon-to-be-elected politicians are much less degrading of the people they "don't like".

Old 09-16-2010, 12:23 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigchow View Post
I agree. I prefer Sarah Palin who is mature, thoughtful, and very knowledgeable. not.
What does she have to do with this? What a shame.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:46 AM

344 posts, read 199,460 times
Obama has several factors occurring.
1) A HUGE recession that he inherited. Sorry, but the truth of the matter is that the problems we see today are a result of the laissez faire regulations under the Bush admin. Even if we had a Republican in office, we would see high unemployment rates. We would see government spending (since recessions are prolonged by a lack of spending). This isn't his fault.

2) A congress that is consistently blocked by filibuster after filibuster. The Republicans in office are playing politics. They even oppose their own suggestions once Democrats agree (the healthcare mandate and cap and trade are two glaring examples). Those were proposed by Republicans. Once agreed upon by Democrats, the Republicans did a 180. I don't agree with those policies, but to place the blame squarely on Democrats is being ignorant of the history of those policies.

3) There is a weird culture war in our nation. The extreme right is paranoid of Muslims. They're paranoid to such an extent that they believe that Obama is a Muslim trying to turn America into an Islamic Republic. It's absurd. The attacks on Obama are more vitriolic in nature than the attacks on Bush. You've not seen nearly as many protests during Bush as we do under Obama. There is a large political movement motivated by a nostalgic and false notion of what it means to be American. This is energizing the right's base. Unfortunately, moderates are not feeling the love of the Republican party.

Obama is being put through the ringer on issues that he didn't cause. He has been blamed for things that he has no control over. It's sad when a nation is so polarized and so lacking of short term historical perspective.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:58 AM

70 posts, read 40,432 times
Not only does he act like a 16 year old, but he also likes 16 year old jailbait. The guy has no shame.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:15 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,343 times
Thumbs down This thread is childish

There are lots of serious ISSUES that need addressing. Can we please use this forum to address REAL issues? Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies