Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2010, 10:44 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetair View Post
Not true.

colonialism in the new world....after the slave trade, yes its true alot of things american media filters out in history involving christians
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 10:49 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I hereby issue you a challenge to find me a verse that tells Christians to kill those that don't believe. Put up or shut up please.
Such as?
The atheists are among the most rude and obnoxious out there....they love to whine and complain about a religious monument that might have been in place for 80 years because, by golly....they're offended!!! Gasp!!!! Oh no!!! Then they complain about us trying to "impose our beliefs" on them.
Really???

Deuteronomy 13:7-10
Deuteronomy 17:3-17:7
Deuteronomy 20:16

That enough for now, or are you going to pull the 'you interpreted it wrong' line?

As for the NT vs OT, whenever you bring up dietary laws, Christians say that when Jesus did his thing, the OT was null and void and the NT took over. Makes sense. Then why do Christians pump out Leviticus 20:13 when condemning homosexuality which is in the OT?

If it's on public property, it should be removed. Private property? Have at it.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:52 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,137,674 times
The moment these yahoos in Florida burn Korans, we all become a little less safe. It craps on the efforts of our soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The small minority of Muslims who are extremists will be drawn to this symbolism and grow from it.

It must not occur!

Old 08-03-2010, 11:54 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
The moment these yahoos in Florida burn Korans, we all become a little less safe. It craps on the efforts of our soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The small minority of Muslims who are extremists will be drawn to this symbolism and grow from it.

It must not occur!
It sure is a challenge and sadly will occur. But consider our media showing a relative few Muslims (the extremists) celebrating the fall of the Towers. That was merely a provocation at best and an image that does an injustice to all the peace loving people in this world. But then again, it is obvious that this a place where no one is playing nice. These random acts just fan the flames a bit. But I believe these people don't need such isolated incidences to be provoked. Remember...they are ideologically at odds with the USA aka the Great Satan and I'm sure that's all the motivation they'll ever need.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:14 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Christianity isn't the cancer.

But while we're on the topic of "fundamentalist ________"....what about fundamentalist atheists? They tend to be some of the snarkiest, rudest, most obnoxious lot in the bunch.
I think your statement is in the eye of the beholder.
Xanity is a cancer to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
It sure is a challenge and sadly will occur. But consider our media showing a relative few Muslims (the extremists) celebrating the fall of the Towers. That was merely a provocation at best and an image that does an injustice to all the peace loving people in this world. But then again, it is obvious that this a place where no one is playing nice. These random acts just fan the flames a bit. But I believe these people don't need such isolated incidences to be provoked. Remember...they are ideologically at odds with the USA aka the Great Satan and I'm sure that's all the motivation they'll ever need.
The US media showed a few people standing around while the statue of Saddam Hussein was pulled down saying that loads of people were there cheering.
http://www.famouspictures.org/mag/in...n's_Statue
http://www.informationclearinghouse....rticle2842.htm
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0703-02.htm

Last edited by chielgirl; 08-03-2010 at 12:26 PM..

Old 08-03-2010, 12:18 PM

720 posts, read 691,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Apparently everything about America is cancer to you..Christianity, soldiers..WOW...yet you still live here, you still take advantage of our constitutional rights? Amazing!

Old 08-03-2010, 12:22 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
Apparently everything about America is cancer to you..Christianity, soldiers..WOW...yet you still live here, you still take advantage of our constitutional rights? Amazing!
I'd appreciate it if you'd stop putting your interpretation on my words.
I don't live in the US, but I am an American citizen who pays taxes.

Apparently I didn't drink the kool-aid. There wasn't any left after you got to it.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:23 PM

720 posts, read 691,201 times
Quote:
No prob bob!

Old 08-03-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:

Apparently I didn't drink the kool-aid. There wasn't any left after you got to it.
I drank the kool-aid at a Grateful Dead concert and the lights were totally tripping me out but that's about it.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:

The US media showed a few people standing around while the statue of Saddam Hussein was pulled down saying that loads of people were there cheering.
Fall of Saddam Hussein's Statue - FamousPicturesMagazine
The photographs tell the story...
Army Stage-Managed Fall of Hussein Statue
Everyone uses propoganda to their advantage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies