Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2010, 08:05 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Rest assurred a lot of folk in Europe think along similar lines...
Care to explain just what you mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Watching Gainesville news....lead story is Jones saying if he doesnt get a meeting with the NY imam, the bonfire is back on.
Seems fair enough.....

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
How many New Yorkers don't want it?
Yes, a slight majority are against it, but since when are Constitutional rights determined by what's popular and what's not? Oops - I forgot - same-sex marriage.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:09 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Islamic leaders were quite fond of the Nazis back in WWII....

And there is that little shared hatred of Jews.
"I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.."

Just as the Jew could once incite the mob of Jerusalem against Christ, so today he must succeed in inciting folk who have been duped into madness to attack those who, God's truth! seek to deal with this people in utter honesty and sincerity.

In the Bible we find the text, 'That which is neither hot nor cold will I spew out of my mouth.' This utterance of the great Nazarene has kept its profound validity until the present day.

We have faith that one day Heaven will bring the Germans back into a Reich over which there shall be no Soviet star, no Jewish star of David, but above that Reich there shall be the symbol of German labor - the Swastika. And that will mean that the first of May has truly come.

We are a people of different faiths, but we are one. Which faith conquers the other is not the question; rather, the question is whether Christianity stands or falls.... We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity... in fact our movement is Christian. We are filled with a desire for Catholics and Protestants to discover one another in the deep distress of our own people.

The Catholic Church considered the Jews pestilent for fifteen hundred years, put them in ghettos, etc, because it recognized the Jews for what they were".... I recognize the representatives of this race as pestilent for the state and for the church and perhaps I am thereby doing Christianity a great service by pushing them out of schools and public functions.

All quotes from Hitler.

Funny how just a few changes in words would be what many here seem to support, and think about Muslims, that by and large aren't violent, and just want to be left alone.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yes, a slight majority are against it, but since when are Constitutional rights determined by what's popular and what's not? Oops - I forgot - same-sex marriage.
So now what people think is unimportant?

But what people think(and how they will overreact) to the book burning IS important???

Old 09-09-2010, 08:10 PM

6,046 posts, read 5,954,330 times
Quote:
You mean the Crusades in RESPONSE to Islamic conquests of CHRISTIAN lands???

This is too easy...

Keep digging.
No i mean the barbaric behaviour of the Christian Crusader invaders.Read up sometime on what the Moors brought to Europe.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Funny how just a few changes in words would be what many here seem to support, and think about Muslims, that by and large aren't violent, and just want to be left alone.
If they are "by and large" not violent what is all the worries about???

Old 09-09-2010, 08:12 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,737 times
Quran Burning ON Again!

Old 09-09-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
No i mean the barbaric behaviour of the Christian Crusader invaders.Read up sometime on what the Moors brought to Europe.
The Crusades were to take BACK stolen land...

The Moors brought subjugation of the Christian population...nevermind the sugarcoating.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:15 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
If they are "by and large" not violent what is all the worries about???
Because our soldiers are in the face of the ones who could turn to violence, just as the Christians that I posted earlier turned to violence for their religion.

If someone told me that eating anything but rice would put a cross hair on one extra soldier, guess what, I'm eating nothing but rice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies