Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2010, 04:21 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Nothing good ever comes from burning books, but I guess it is the Christian way. After all on Sept. 11 364AD they burn down the library of Antioch because it had too many Pagan books.
And how many people do christians kill in retaliation for burning books in 2010?

okay, try again please. Christianity grew up, islam still kills people for even the slightest offense. And libs, they really hate gays..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 04:22 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
And how many people do christians kill in retaliation for burning books in 2010?

okay, try again please. Christianity grew up, islam still kills people for even the slightest offense. And libs, they really hate gays..
If Christianity 'grew up' why are they still burning books? I am not saying I am a fan of Islam, but rather I don't have a high opinion of Christianity.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
If Christianity 'grew up' why are they still burning books?
Ohhh, so it's okay to generalize christians but non muslims. I get it. I realize then that this church of 50 in Gainsville means all christians, and thus the entire uSA hence why muslims have been shouting death to the USA and death to Obama in response to the announcement of this event. Makes perfect sense to me now given it's okay to have double standards...

You might want to read something called a history book about the reformation.. Western nations are secular. Muslim nations penalize things like homosexuality, adultery and blasphemy....

Maybe you should move to one, and experience it first hand.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:25 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
The same argument applies to this as applies to the mosque in NYC. Of course they have a right to burn the Koran, that doesn't mean they should.
Do you say the same thing when you see a muslim burning the American Flag?

Old 09-07-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Ohhh, so it's okay to generalize christians but non muslims. I get it. I realize then that this church of 50 in Gainsville means all christians, and thus the entire uSA hence why muslims have been shouting death to the USA and death to Obama in response to the announcement of this event. Makes perfect sense to me now given it's okay to have double standards...

You might want to read something called a history book about the reformation.. Western nations are secular. Muslim nations penalize things like homosexuality, adultery and blasphemy....

Maybe you should move to one, and experience it first hand.
As I said, I am not a fan of Islam. I just don't like Christianity either. Futhermore I fail to see how any of this has to do with what I said. In my post I never mentioned Islam or Muslims, because I had/have no desire to discuss either in this context. If you wish to have my opinions on Islam please ask don't assume.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
This is not smart. I am not aware that the Moslems are burning Bibles or churches. Do we really want to get this sort of thing started?
I might be a good idea for you to look up what muslims have done to christians and jews in the middle east...

Old 09-07-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
As I said, I am not a fan of Islam. I just don't like Christianity either. Futhermore I fail to see how any of this has to do with what I said. In my post I never mentioned Islam or Muslims, because I had/have no desire to discuss either in this context.
Are christians doing suicide bombings on a daily basis?

Who is the REAL problem with here? I know you libs love equating christianity to islam, but can you show me the last bombing done in the name of christianity? I can get you at least 10 bombings in the name of islam from the past 1.5 months. Oh, and lets not forget, muslims don't agree on who is a muslim, so when sunnis and shiites kill each other, they don't consider that as anything because one side is not a real muslim to the other. But continue to make excuses for them and somehow equate that to christianity...

Old 09-07-2010, 04:32 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,673,069 times
Default Why has the American public sunk so low?

In Nazi Germany book burning was common as it always is in a country that has lost it's way. Now I see that America is following the Nazi path to self destruction.

Doing this will make America look like early Nazi Germany.........
US church to go ahead with Sept. 11 Quran burning

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – A Christian minister vowed Tuesday to go ahead with plans to burn copies of the Quran to protest the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks despite warnings from the White House and the top U.S. general in Afghanistan that he would endanger American troops overseas.

US church to go ahead with Sept. 11 Quran burning - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100907/ap_on_re_us/quran_burning - broken link)

I'm ashamed of America when I read crap like this.

Quote:
Are christians doing suicide bombings on a daily basis?

Who is the REAL problem with here? I know you libs love equating christianity to islam, but can you show me the last bombing done in the name of christianity? I can get you at least 10 bombings in the name of islam from the past 1.5 months. Oh, and lets not forget, muslims don't agree on who is a muslim, so when sunnis and shiites kill each other, they don't consider that as anything because one side is not a real muslim to the other. But continue to make excuses for them and somehow equate that to christianity...
As I said since you don't seem to get it I don't like either. If I had a choice between Islam and Christianity I would choose neither. Islam and Christianity are different, but both distasteful to me. Just because I dislike Christianity doesn't mean I like Islam or vise versa. I don't know how many times I can say it to make it clear to you, but since you seem to have your own agenda irrespective of what I say I don't think repeating myself any further will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yes! Lets behave the same as the "rabid nutjobs!" We can become more and more like them! While we are at it, let us behave in a manner that not only is in opposition to the bible but puts our troops at risk! Good plan!
I guess you are another one of those that have not been keeping up with what's going on over there.. It's on the network news every evening...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies