Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 02:04 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Yet you defend those who are so "rational" they would kill over burnt books, because you don't expect them to control their impulses.
Quote where I said that.
I know you wont, but I dare you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

1,851 posts, read 2,153,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal is a mess View Post
The inbred, back water redneck will either back down or will be stopped by the government/law enforcement..
Let me guess. You're an Ultra PC Liberal, right?

Nice. Can't wait to find one of your self-righteous, sanctimonious posts slamming the ignorance of racism, bigotry and discrimination; so I can copy and paste this one right in there.

5,412 posts, read 4,239,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Point out exactly what I said that you are construing as "making excuses" for Muslims to murder people. I've said nothing even close to excusing anyone from taking responsibility for their actions. I've been totally focused on Terry Jones taking responsibility for HIS actions because his actions will reflect and impact all American.
How does his actions reflect and impact all americans?

Perhaps you should expect muslims to not make generalizations and then violent acts against all americans because of this one guy in florida?

Or is that asking too much?

Again, you are making excuses for muslims and NOT holding them to the same standard you hold everyone else to.

Burning books is NOT an excuse to want to kill someone.

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Yet you defend those who are so "rational" they would kill over burnt books, because you don't expect them to control their impulses.
Again, you are mischaracterizing the argument.

No one is defending people who would kill over burnt books. No one.

People are arguing about this pastor's actions.

You keep on trying to toss the kitchen sink in along with everything else to defend this pastor. But the discussion is about the pastor and his actions. Your repeated attempts at deflection only illustrate again and again that this pastor has little to no defense for his actions.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Quote where I said that.
I know you wont, but I dare you.
So why do you act like it's a foregone conclusion that muslims will lump all americans together and then start killing americans as a result of this book burning?

You clearly must believe that, otherwise you'd be rather silent, like if muslims burnt bibles. You knew christians wouldn't react violently, so you are silent.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

You keep on trying to toss the kitchen sink in along with everything else to defend this pastor. But the discussion is about the pastor and his actions. Your repeated attempts at deflection only illustrate again and again that this pastor has little to no defense for his actions.

YES YOU ARE.

I'm Jewish. The KKK offends me, but I don't lump all christians together nor do I become violent, nor do I threaten violence if the KKK has a meeting or a rally. I can control myself. Their free speech rights don't make me homicidally violent.

STOP MAKING EXCUSES.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:07 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

Ditto this post. I couldn't have said it better.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:09 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
So why do you act like it's a foregone conclusion that muslims will lump all americans together and then start killing americans as a result of this book burning?

You clearly must believe that, otherwise you'd be rather silent, like if muslims burnt bibles. You knew christians wouldn't react violently, so you are silent.
Again, please quote where I said that.
You're really reaching today.
You're also really projecting today, whats that about, hmmmmm?

Old 09-08-2010, 02:10 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
YES YOU ARE.

I'm Jewish. The KKK offends me, but I don't lump all christians together nor do I become violent, nor do I threaten violence if the KKK has a meeting or a rally. I can control myself. Their free speech rights don't make me homicidally violent.

STOP MAKING EXCUSES.
But liberals on a forum make you angry enough to type in caps which is considered very rude as you tell us all to stop exercising our free speech rights for things you are only projecting we have said and didn't. How many of us have you told: "STOP THAT!"---6, 7, 10 of us?

Old 09-08-2010, 02:12 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
How does his actions reflect and impact all americans?

Perhaps you should expect muslims to not make generalizations and then violent acts against all americans because of this one guy in florida?

Or is that asking too much?

Again, you are making excuses for muslims and NOT holding them to the same standard you hold everyone else to.

Burning books is NOT an excuse to want to kill someone.
This discussion, no matter how badly you wish it weren't, is about a pastor in Florida using freedom of speech to justify his actions. I've already clearly stated the limitation on freedom of speech, "the question in every case is whether the words used are used in such circumstances and are of such a nature as to create a clear and present danger that they will bring about substantive evil." You will not that the pastor doesn't have to intend for a substantive evil to occur. His lack of intention does not render null his culpability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies