Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 05:28 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times

Advertisements

Why is the media making such an issue of this? It is a right we have, to burn books and flags.

Are we complaining at every Bible and American flag being burned, in or out of the country? No.

The press, making such a stink over this, is trying to placate the Sharia idiots. Recent history has shown that whenever a country bends its laws/values for Islam, Islam pushes more, for more 'special' privileges. Islam is no more special than any other religion and our government and press should just mention the Koran burning as often as they mention bible and flag burning and move on.

Burning the sacred images of others might not be smart, but gee, THIS puts our TROOPS in danger? What, are they telling us that Islam is a dangerous and primitive and volatile religion that explodes in hatred at the drop of a pin? Who knew? That's why our troops are where they are, in the first place, no?

I don't think troops are in any more danger after a Koran burning than they are before. These people just hate us and anything will fire them up for murder.

I thought Islam was not to worship images. Burning the Koran is burning the image of the religion. It in no way erases the thoughts in their holy book. It does not erase God nor their devotion to Him. Nobody who seriously follows such a religion should be incited to violence.

The violent wing of Islam will spread evil throughout the world even without provocation. They take no care whether their victims are military or civilians.
This Koran burning is a right of every American, even though it seems insulting. (Is not building a mosque at the 911 site insulting?)

I wish the media would just grow up and start being Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 05:28 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
What does the pastor have to do with the us troops there? If someone in florida burning a koran can alienate people in afghanistan against uS troops that have NOTHING to do with it, then they didn't have any hearts and minds to win over in the first place, did they?
Stop making sense.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:30 PM

874 posts, read 1,659,898 times
Quote:
What does the pastor have to do with the us troops there? If someone in florida burning a koran can alienate people in afghanistan against uS troops that have NOTHING to do with it, then they didn't have any hearts and minds to win over in the first place, did they?
It will alienate some people, not all people, but it will certainly alienate those that are on the fence and leaning towards being anti-US.

Quote:
If talking about legalized gay marriage drove christians to homocidal froth rage, would you start saying that people shouldn't talk about legalizing gay marriage because it offends christians.?

Oh wait, you have a double standard. I keep forgetting. silly me.
We are not in a war with radical Christians. If we were maybe things would be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Good luck with that...which Muslim nation has that ever worked in???

When your Holy book tells you not to befriend infidels(that's us) it makes it a little difficult to have your heart or mind won.
I'm not saying it is going to be easy, but what would be your solution to terrorism?

Old 09-08-2010, 05:30 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
<snip>When your Holy book tells you not to befriend infidels(that's us) it makes it a little difficult to have your heart or mind won.
So in your mind someone who is not your friend is your enemy, ever hear of tolerance?

Old 09-08-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
No, he cant.
No permit=illegal
He can just use a grill...unless the FD in Gainesville is going to ban anyone having grills ANYWHERE there...be some mighty angry tailgaters if they do.

Nice how people support quashing speech they do not like...

A LOVE how Americans hate their own Bill Of Rights.

587 posts, read 1,466,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I support the pastor's right to do what he intends to do. I am challenging the wisdom of doing it, not because it might offend a muslim but because it is a higher road to not burn books or art or flags or generalize a people. And as some have pointed out, I think he has some personal motives that have not much to do with relgion or patriotism.

I would never deny him the right to do what he intends, but I say it is pretty stupid to do it and doesn't deserve support.

I started a thread stating the Koran burn will NEVER be carried out. Unfortunatly during the 4th page or so, all related threads got merged into this one.

He can burn all the Korans he wants to in private, but as you have sussed, he's looking to create a name and followers, which from reading some of these posts won't be that hard to do.

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times
Quote:
Stop making sense.
I can't rep you any more man.... Need some more non libs in here to spread it around on.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
So in your mind someone who is not your friend is your enemy, ever hear of tolerance?
Might want to look at the lack of tolerance in almost EVERY Muslim nation...

It appears Muslims certainly do NOT prescribe to tolerance.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:33 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
It will alienate some people, not all people, but it will certainly alienate those that are on the fence and leaning towards being anti-US.

We are not in a war with radical Christians. If we were maybe things would be different.

I'm not saying it is going to be easy, but what would be your solution to terrorism?
Your strategy of capitulating and accomodating doesn't stop terrorism either, does it?

One of my best friends is an FBI agent, and he's a diehard liberal, but he asked some suspects, off the record, not in any official interrogation "why do you hate us?" and the militant responded "because you exist"

Old 09-08-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post

Make them fear us more than they hate us....it is what works with such uncivilized people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies