Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 02:47 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,567,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If you were like me, you'd only have one friend at any given time. The best most people achieve is "acquaintance". I reserve the title of "friend" for my significant other.
That's just not my cup of tea, I like having friends. If it works for you, great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
these tattoos scream "i'm unique, just like everyone else!!'
Which would also mean that people without tattoos are trying to be 'unique' by not having them.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:56 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,558,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
That's just not my cup of tea, I like having friends. If it works for you, great
That's where we differ--I don't care for people in general..so people with tattoos aren't getting any "special treatment". I make my feelings about them plain, and it would be THEM getting offended at me.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:59 PM

52,392 posts, read 34,115,484 times
Quote:
Which would also mean that people without tattoos are trying to be 'unique' by not having them.
nup. passive vs. active.

you can't actively not get a tattoo. it's the way we enter the world.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:11 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,397,060 times
What's the big deal anyways. You either like them or you do not. The people that do, could probably care less that some do not approve of them. What does it matter. Some problably see tatoos as a form of art, some as a form of an expression, some want to stand out and be different, and some different they are. Does Tatoos defy who a person is some may think so, but still the person on the inside can be entirely different then the outside appearance. I agree that when a person's entire body, is nothing but one tatoo, i see nothing nice about that, but still it is not me, and why do i care. I care more about the person and who they are inside then the outside, for outside appearances can be very deceiving. Your beautiful people on the outside, can be entirely different then what you see on the outside. Some just a few years ago thought the world of old Mel, now look at the real Mel Gibson, not so nice. Why does it not bother you when a Women's entire body is nothing but fake, that is ok, fake hair, fake boobs, fake nose, eye lifts, this lift that lift who the hek cares. Some of the most beautiful people have the worse personalities, but you choose to not care, because the women are beautiful on the outside, i am telling you outward appearances are very deceiving, for some of the most sweet women, are the most devious.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
nup. passive vs. active.

you can't actively not get a tattoo. it's the way we enter the world.
It was just a little joke... there have been people, when discussing tattoos, that have said 'I'm unique because I don't have any tattoos', which I find kind of silly.

I didn't get mine to be 'unique'. In fact, I don't think I know any tattooed people who got theirs just to stand out or be 'different'. Or to fit in for that matter...there are lots of reasons people get tattoos.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:43 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,629,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Most people on the outside of the tattoo subculture don't have a clue of the history of "getting inked," and no idea of the commitment and pain it takes to have an image in your mind, your group (military), culture, be permanently placed for everyone to see.

I think a tattoo should be something you think about for a long time...it says something about you to everyone you meet. It can easily change peoples opinion of you, whether good or bad. Basically you cannot be afraid of their opinion.

Edit: People without tattoos might do this through other means, but with a tattoo, you cannot morph your image easily. You are, who you are, your choices are out in the open.

VERY well said !!

Old 09-09-2010, 03:48 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,629,328 times
Quote:
You're seriously offended by the mere sight of a tattoo on another persons body?

Wow.

Although, is it weird that I'm slightly happy that I'm able to offend someone so easily?
Yes, the sight of a lovely lady all inked up just turns my stomach with pity for their foolishness. Fella's that are inked bother me unless they are honoring their military unit or their heritage such as "The Rock" does.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:54 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,061,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Kind of reminds me of years ago when I was in the Legion hall having a beer. We were talking about Tattoo's and I said something about getting my 101st Airborne division tattoo. An old veteran said "Son, when it's finished you will have a "Screaming Eagle", when your my age you will have a "Pukin' Buzzard".

Don't know what it was but after some thought I passed on the tattoo. 30 years down the road I am glad I didn't as I have morphed from having the body of Schwartzenegger to Divito over time.
Hey! In my family Jump Wings = Screaming Eagle tattoo.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 09-09-2010 at 04:08 PM..

Old 09-09-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Yes, the sight of a lovely lady all inked up just turns my stomach with pity for their foolishness. Fella's that are inked bother me unless they are honoring their military unit or their heritage such as "The Rock" does.

Please, don't waste your time pitying women like myself. I have a wonderful life and don't regret any of my tattoos at all. If I had a choice to start all over with no tattoos, I'd do the exact same thing again. Except, I think I would change the color of the bird on my arm to a more 'powdery' blue instead of the 'baby' blue it is currently....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies