Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 10:34 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Or 'allow' your wife to dress in her regular clothing,or to be accepted as the equal to a man...
I heard some of the *might* welcome you as long as you make your dog walk 3 feet behind you and the wife walk 3 feet behind the dog. The dog can show his face but the wife had better be wearing a burka.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:30 PM

344 posts, read 199,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Or 'allow' your wife to dress in her regular clothing,or to be accepted as the equal to a man...
Strange, I saw my Muslim neighbor's wife wear a pantsuit on her way to work last Friday. Huh, I guess they don't count because they aren't stereotypes.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:37 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Califreeman View Post
Strange, I saw my Muslim neighbor's wife wear a pantsuit on her way to work last Friday. Huh, I guess they don't count because they aren't stereotypes.
LOL, it strikes me as funny when people try to promote the idea that American Muslim women are running around covered head-to-toe in burqas like they do in Afghanistan. It's also an indicator that they've never bothered to look at the ASMA site (the organization run by this imam and his wife) or any of the non-propaganda articles about the mosque and the people involved with it, because I have, and I've yet to find a picture of Daisy Khan even wearing a head scarf, let alone a burqa.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:17 PM

344 posts, read 199,460 times
The former French justice minister doesn't wear a burqa...rather she's criticized for wearing Dior. Huh, I guess she's not Muslim too. (Rachida Dati)

Old 09-12-2010, 02:45 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Califreeman View Post
The former French justice minister doesn't wear a burqa...rather she's criticized for wearing Dior. Huh, I guess she's not Muslim too. (Rachida Dati)
Even in most of the traditionally Muslim countries, women are not all in burqas.

If you search on "Muslim women" or <insertcountryname> women, you will get plenty of pics of women who are not in burqas. This one, however, was my favorite, given some of the cruel and unusual punishments we hear about in the press re this particular country: Iranian women protesting lack of freedom. I think we just need to show the one in front the good old American tradition of flipping the bird.

The death of Al Quds Day in Iran? | Iranian American Jews | Jewish Journal

Old 09-12-2010, 03:14 PM

5,341 posts, read 4,429,096 times
Well, this thread has veered away from the dubious OT.

As such,

Thread Closed
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies