Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 04:22 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,851,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
This statement is so idiotic that it doesn't even warrant a response!
Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791

Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Someone who makes a 170 page manual on how to kill a specific person would be a stalker.
Not according to the definition I posted but lets just say your right for argument sake. What does this have to do with the thread and your OP? Was this 170 page manual written to target someone specifically for molestation?

Edit: that quote you added from my quote at the bottom of your post is correct but as I said you have to read it all carefully because you apparently overlooked the first part of the definition even after I bolded it and put it in red text...

Old 09-07-2010, 04:27 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Was this 170 page manual written to target someone specifically for molestation?
Nope.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:28 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Not according to the definition I posted but lets just say your right for argument sake. What does this have to do with the thread and your OP? Was this 170 page manual written to target someone specifically for molestation?
It's a how to manual on molesting children, any child no specific child was targeted.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:31 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Did Prophet Muhammed use that?
No, he had the leaflet version: "Allah told me its OK".
And once established by the "perfect example of humanity (Mohammad)" it is true for all time. Consider the following quote from the late Ayatollah Khomeini’s 1989 book:

"It is better for a girl to marry at such a time when she would begin menstruation at her husband’s house, rather than her father’s home. Any father marrying his daughter so young will have a permanent place in heaven. "

The feds should worry less about one guy writing a book now and concentrate more on the 1.5 billion followers of a certain other book.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
No, he had the leaflet version: "Allah told me its OK".
And once established by the "perfect example of humanity (Mohammad)" it is true for all time. Consider the following quote from the late Ayatollah Khomeini’s 1989 book:

"It is better for a girl to marry at such a time when she would begin menstruation at her husband’s house, rather than her father’s home. Any father marrying his daughter so young will have a permanent place in heaven. "

The feds should worry less about one guy writing a book now and concentrate more on the 1.5 billion followers of a certain other book.
Yes that cult needs to be examined.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:

Edit: that quote you added from my quote at the bottom of your post is correct but as I said you have to read it all carefully because you apparently overlooked the first part of the definition even after I bolded it and put it in red text...
A book written to target and harass a specific individual is a component of stalking.

I would like to know why you are so keen to stand up for a sick perverted pedophile.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Yes that cult needs to be examined.
Yes because all Muslims follow what the Qo-ran says to a "T", just like all Christians do with the bible...

[/sarcasm]

Old 09-07-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Yes because all Muslims follow what the Qo-ran says to a "T", just like all Christians do with the bible...

[/sarcasm]
I'm not a Muslim or a Christian so I wouldn't know.

But if a Muslim does NOT follow the religion BY THE BOOK to a "T" they're equal to being an infidel.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
A book written to target and harass a specific individual is a component of stalking.

I would like to know why you are so keen to stand up for a sick perverted pedophile.
I am so keen to stand up for the US Constitution. Most people these days think its alright to pick and choose what we should follow and what we should throw out of it, solely based on emotions most of the time. I don't support people who commit acts of pedophilia, I believe they should be thrown in prison and the key should be lost. However I do support someone's right to write a book no matter how insensitive and controversial it may be. Does that mean I like it and I'm going to go out and by it? Hell No. Does that mean I support the nutjob's right to write it? Yes.

Now let your emotions take over and call me whatever names you want to, its your right after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies