Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 09:54 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
He is going to the Pentagon. Obama also refused to attend Memorial Day services at Arlington National Cemetary this year. What is up with that? Why is the President going out of his way to avoid recognizing the loss of life at Ground zero both years since he's been in office? Why does he keep sending V.P. Biden in his place? It has become a habit with him.
Cause his buds blew it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 10:12 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
He cannot go because he does not have the time.

Just like he told Jan Brewer about his personal invite to come to the Arizona border, he told her he just does not have the time, then turns around and takes two straight vacations.

Come on people, this man is not working for us at all.

Knowing Obama he is one of those nuts who believe 9-11 was an inside job.

Better yet, maybe he thinks it is our fault 9-11 happened.

There has to be a good reason he is not going.

A REAL LEADER would show up.

Another missed photo op for him.
he's a bussy man, has a hard job, must take a lot vacations.. his goal is to hit 17. 9 trillion deficit before he gets booted from office..

Old 09-09-2010, 07:55 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I suggested no such thing. I pointed out that he went to the Pentegon last year, or did you fail to read.

There are anumber of traditions this President refuses to acknowledge, the placing of the wreath at Arlington is another example of same.

YouTube - Obama Visits Arlington Cemetery

Michael Mullen - Obama visits Arlington Cemetery on Memorial Day in Virginia - UPI.com

Obama honors veterans at Arlington cemetery - Politics - White House - msnbc.com

Old 09-09-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
See below:
The very sad reality is that there are people in this country who choose to be ignorant of actual, verifiable facts. They will insist that their 'facts' are correct despite repeated examples, from primary sources, that they are just making stuff up as they go along.
At the core of this is the argument 'well, he's a democrat so he has to prove, every single day, that he doesn't hate the military' whereas 'our republican president can just show up whenever and underfund veterans care and so on because we know he really cares about the military and doesn't have to prove it.'

Old 09-09-2010, 08:20 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He thinks his appearance might inflame his muslim fans around the world.

Maybe the nutcase in Iran wouldn't take kindly to that, maybe he wouldn't be as cooperative, maybe he wouldn't unclench his fist.....oh wait!

Basically, his loyalties lie elsewhere.

100% correct

O..by the way...Has Michelle Obama ever visited a Muslim country with here husband?

Old 09-09-2010, 08:34 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
And if Obama were to go New York, people would complain that he did not respect the military and should be at the Pentagon.
^^^^^^^^^^^^

whatever he does would be wrong. the same ppl that find fault in him daily would continue to find fault.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
So Obama at the WTC is a photo-op should he go and pay respects to all lost that day -- citizen or foreigner, Muslim, Christian, Jew, Hindu, etc., yet if he shows up for church service and merely sits in a pew, that isn't? He's only doing that to appease those who insist he's a Muslim.
I think you've missed my original point. I do not regard the President's appearances as 'photo-ops', however, there have been many comments by detractors on this board after appearances at military bases, West Point, etc. that have suggested exactly that. I was not one of those posters. My question to the OP was in consideration of those previous threads. And I will ask again, why does anyone who thinks that the President's appearances are simply 'photo-ops' care whether or not he shows up, well, anywhere, really. The OP and many others do not believe that the President actually feels anything for 'real' Americans or the military, so it would seem to me that rationally they would prefer he not pay lip service to these events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
How many people show up at church or temple for the big holidays, only because it is expected of them, not because they are all that religious?

Given the fact that he commented on Park51, he should head to the WTC site, pay his respects as well as show support for those who still grieve and visit the site where landing gear damaged a building and show his support for the Muslim community, which plans to build on that spot. After that, he should address the St Nicolas Greek Orthodox Church community and offer to help them as their church was destroyed on 9/11 and save for former Gov. Pataki, no politician has supported them in the way the Muslim community has it's Park51 project.
I posted the link showing the President and family attending Easter services in response to a poster who went to some lengths to note that the President celebrated Ramadan (as other presidents before him have done), as if that proved something about his religious 'sympathies.'
As a Christian, I believe that anyone who attends Easter services is a practicing Christian, and every previous president who attended Easter services was regarded as such.
I've pretty much given up trying to figure out why the same rules no longer apply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies