Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 03:15 PM

15,093 posts, read 8,636,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
As long as every one who has a gun, serves in the military (swiss men are all subject to compulsory military service, with those that are found unfit pay a non-service tax until they are 30), or are part of the army reserve, I'd have no problem. Then we'd have fresh troops for Iran, North Korea or wherever you'd like to go and shoot.
Ah ... but when is the last time Switzerland invaded other countries? Uhh ... that would be NEVER.

Their military is actually reserved for Defense of their country, and not Exxon Mobile's oil wells around the world!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
But does their proctologist accept their insurance, if they have any?
I believe treatment isn't covered because it's considered a pre-existing condition.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:36 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Ah ... but when is the last time Switzerland invaded other countries? Uhh ... that would be NEVER.

Their military is actually reserved for Defense of their country, and not Exxon Mobile's oil wells around the world!!
They were too busy stocking up on Hitlers misbegotten gold.

Lots of countries have forced service.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
They were too busy stocking up on Hitlers misbegotten gold.

Lots of countries have forced service.
So?

Old 09-08-2010, 03:44 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,400 times
Yup, the thugs get away with everything. The terrified family gets thrown in jail.
These thugs are lucky. They got warning shots. They should have been taken out of the gene pool.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:18 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win lose or draw View Post
Someone arrested for firing a machine gun in public, who would have ever thought? What is this world coming to when you can't own and fire a machine gun on your own block!!! A gun that was obtained illegally mind you.
If you read the story actually you would find that the homeowner had no criminal record and owned that gun legally.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
What did the guy think, the bullets would magically disappear into the ground?

I wonder what would have happened if one of those magic bullets had ricocheted and gone through a neighbor's window.

Just saying...

What would u do, sit there and hope those gang members just leave because you told them too. I got it, you're the type that would wait on the police right? Obviously you've never been in a situation like this.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The mistake unfortunately this guy made was he fired the first shots. If he had been fired upon or if one of these gang members entered his home then he had the right to defend himself.
Mistake?...have you been in a situation like this? I assume not.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I agree. I wouldn't have set one foot outside my house. I have no idea why this guy thought that was a good idea. I would have had my family go to the back of the house so they would be under and in front of as many obstacles possible to keep them from getting hit if one of the thugs (who I have no doubt were carrying weapons) decided to spray the house. I would then watch them from behind a makeshift bunker by a window or peephole (making sure I had a way to duck) and waited for the PD to show up.
I disagree because if you want to go out on your property at any time that you pay for then there should be no reason that you have to coward inside because of criminals being outside. What's the world coming to when they guy who defends himself is the one that's wrong. Police cannot always be there and sometimes you have to be the police especially on your own property. If the guy in the story was a cop people would be all against these gang members. I don't see why anyone should have to build a barricade inside their own house. That's just ridiculous.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:54 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The mistake unfortunately this guy made was he fired the first shots. If he had been fired upon or if one of these gang members entered his home then he had the right to defend himself.

Here you have it. Fascist Liberal Extremism at it's worst.

Yes, one must wait to be shot or wait for them to step across the door jam; before firing.

And here's where the idiocy of Ultra- PC theology betrays the freedoms of Americans.

Let me tell you something. Maybe if we lived in a society where thugs and crimiminals weren't protected more than their victims. A society where thugs and criminals didn't have pansy-asses making excuses for them and constantly trying to justify their behavior; then maybe, just maybe, they would know better than to encrouch on someone's property making threats to kill them and their family.

When you make verbal threats of that nature, after violating the law by violating a home owner's property boundries; you deserve to be shot down where you stand.

You defend yourself and your family. Screw the thugs and criminals!!!! It's bizzare and absurd to suggest one must await a possible deadly gunshot wound; before firing on trespassers who are threatening to murder you and your family. That's a vile and disgraceful concept!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies