Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 11:44 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
.............If someone pulled you out of a burning house and it took a lot of time & money to rebuild, would you blame the person who rescued you or the arsonist?
A Democrat would blame the person who rescued them; and, anyone else would blame the arsonist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 12:41 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The social welfare entitlement policies are what has been the downfall of this country.
I'm glad you mentioned this, since Bush and the 2003 Medicare Modernization Act introduced Medicare Advantage (also called part C) & the Prescription Drug Plan (part D) which is costing taxpayers billions more than Original Medicare. It paid billions in administration fees to private companies. The retail prices for some of the most popular brand name drugs sold to people over 65 increased 41.5% over the last five years, while the consumer price index rose only 13.3%.

Bush also asked for $440 billion for minority homeowners who couldn't afford to buy a house.

I am posting this link, because I couldn't say it any better myself.

[URL="http://www.businessinsider.com/republican-deficit-hypocrisy-2009-11"]Republicans Are Deficit Hypocrites[/URL]

Also, listen to Bush here. "This will take taxpayer money..." "What I propose is a tax credit where housing is scarce." "There's too much fine print....let's make the rules simpler and the closing much less complicated."

He is telling taxpayers that our money should go to those who can't afford to buy a home. He is telling Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to extend credit to people with bad credit! Exact quote from speech..."We are talking about empowering people..."
[youtube]kNqQx7sjoS8[/youtube]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNqQx7sjoS8"]YouTube - Home Ownership and President Bush[/URL]

Last edited by justNancy; 09-12-2010 at 12:53 PM..

Old 09-12-2010, 01:07 PM

952 posts, read 942,565 times
Quote:
Yes, that's exactly what I say every night before bed. "Please God, give some common sense to the voters this November."

The Republicans only want 2 classes. The wealthy and those who serve them.

The problem: Liberals promoting the Politics of Envy, social engineering, political correctness, Big Government, entitlements, and wealth redistributin.

The solution: Don't be a Jackass. Vote Republican---The Party of Know.

Old 09-12-2010, 01:08 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
I'm glad you mentioned this, since Bush and the 2003 Medicare Modernization Act introduced Medicare Advantage (also called part C) & the Prescription Drug Plan (part D) which is costing taxpayers billions more than Original Medicare. It paid billions in administration fees to private companies. The retail prices for some of the most popular brand name drugs sold to people over 65 increased 41.5% over the last five years, while the consumer price index rose only 13.3%.

Bush also asked for $440 billion for minority homeowners who couldn't afford to buy a house.

I am posting this link, because I couldn't say it any better myself.

Republicans Are Deficit Hypocrites

Also, listen to Bush here. "This will take taxpayer money..." "What I propose is a tax credit where housing is scarce." "There's too much fine print....let's make the rules simpler and the closing much less complicated."

He is telling taxpayers that our money should go to those who can't afford to buy a home. He is telling Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to extend credit to people with bad credit! Exact quote from speech..."We are talking about empowering people..."
Bush was a RINO, I agree. I dare you to find a post where I've said otherwise. Yet, the Medicare drug act will pale in comparison to Obamacare costs.

Additionally, GW Bush was continuing Bill Clinton's housing and credit policies when it came to home ownership. Later Bush tried to reform Freddie/Fannie but the Democrats controlling Congress would not allow it. That is an important part you have conveniently left out.

Plain and simply fact is that not everyone is cut out to be a homeowner; thus the rental market. And, if government would take real actions to reduce the cost of delivery of Medical care, instead of what Bush did with drugs for Medicare or what Obama is doing to the entire nation under Obamacare, we woud have at least one significant portion of our debt out of control and on its way to reversing itself. Neither party has yet accomplished it, nor do they intend to. It is all about corntrol which is exactly why all the progressives, Democrat and RINOs alike, need to be voted out of office.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:38 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Bush was a RINO, I agree. I dare you to find a post where I've said otherwise.
It is all about corntrol which is exactly why all the progressives, Democrat and RINOs alike, need to be voted out of office.
Trust me, I stopped believing in Utopia back in high school. When it comes to giving away taxpayer money to make everything fair & equal, I'm dead set against it.

However, I've never once heard President Obama tell people to be lazy and let the government take care of them. Have you? He always encourages people to go to school, get a good education and work hard to achieve their goals. I voted for Obama because I believe that we all deserve a chance in life no matter where we were born or what the color of our skin is, and that good medical care shouldn't be available to a select group. I worked my entire life and had insurance. When I had an accident this year, I was treated like a subhuman because I no longer qualify for comprehensive coverage due to no fault of my own. Until it happens to you, you probably won't/can't possibly understand what that feels like.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:51 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
what are you talking about? Do you realize how unbalanced both houses aee right now? Any bill, that would help the country can get passed without a single Republican vote..Voting agaist these so called bills that will help the country will not make anyone fail.

Nita
Wrong. Just factually incorrect. With the filibuster, which Republicans now literally use on EVERY bill, you need 60 votes to pass anything in the Senate.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:58 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
We all done forgot that "The One" is supposed to have the greatest ideas in the history of America.

We should just bend to his will'

Old 09-12-2010, 05:02 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Wrong. Just factually incorrect. With the filibuster, which Republicans now literally use on EVERY bill, you need 60 votes to pass anything in the Senate.
Bush managed to pass every bill that he wanted with much less of a majority in both houses. And, they were ALL bi-partisan.

That's the difference between what's doing right and wanting to "fundamentally change America".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies