Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 02:09 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times

Advertisements

Offshore Outsourcing Pioneer and Enemy of American Workers Running for Congress on Long Island, New York!

Take note of Randy Altschuler of Manhattan (with a token residence in St. James) who is vying to win the Republican primary so he can challenge NY Congressional incumbent Tim Bishop (D).

This guy is a former top firm investment banker who made a FORTUNE offshoring American jobs to India utilizing his company, Office Tiger, which he formed with another investment banker (who also apparently thought he wasn't wealthy enough from investment banking).

Randy Altschuler SPECIFICALLY USED HIS CONNECTIONS AS AN INVESTMENT BANKER TO TARGET BACK-OFFICE JOBS IN NEW YORK when he created his company. And he wants to represent us, the people whose jobs he sent to India? Can you imagine what he will do if he is elected to Congress with those connections? Nothing good for the middle class, that's for sure!

Beware: If you still have a job and your job can be done remotely by COMPUTER or by TELEPHONE, Randy Altschuler wants to put you on the unemployment line and send it offshore for his own profit!

Office Tiger started with back-office investment bank work and has since branched out to sending higher and higher levels of white-collar work currently done in the USA to India and other low-cost labor markets. His business is putting more and more Americans out of work, preferably permanently. The only employees he will hire in the USA or the UK are salespeople to go out and convince other businesses to offshore jobs to Office Tiger. So for every job he "created" as a New York businessman, literally thousands have gone offshore permanently. All so HE and his business partner can have more money than they would be able to spend if their lifespan was 1,000 years!

Note Altschuler "loaned" his own campaign almost $2,000,000.00 and that's only a drop in the bucket of what he made profiting by putting Americans out of work.

More info:

Randy Altschuler Outsourcer of American Jobs runs for congress

Information on his company, Office Tiger, told in glowing terms by the Indian press (BUSINESS INDIA INTELLIGENCE):

OfficeTiger: Tiger, tiger, burning bright

Let Altschuler know what you think of his plans to be in Congress:

Randy Altschuler for Congress
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 02:21 PM

1,228 posts, read 3,718,012 times
1) This doesn't belong in the Work/Employment forum.

2) No one cares.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:34 PM

I am aware that most of the readers of this forum are not in the specific location where they may cast a vote for or against Altschuler and did not ask anyone to vote either way. However, Offshore Outsourcing certainly has a lot to do with the LACK of "Work and Employment" in the United States AND many posts on this forum are specifically from people who are having trouble securing employment or getting ahead in their careers.

I think people care who have had their jobs OFFSHORE OUTSOURCED or who CAN have their jobs OFFSHORE OUTSOURCED that a person who made his fortune selling out Americans and sending their jobs to India is trying to get into Congress.

Can you imagine what damage this man can do to the careers and job opportunities of the working and middle classes of America if he becomes a Congressman?

Old 09-08-2010, 03:06 PM

1,228 posts, read 3,718,012 times
1) No one cares.

2) No one cares, this seriously belongs in the politics forums, or at least the LI forum.

3) Tim Bishop is going to lose anyhow, he's down in the polls, he voted for Obamacare despite it being unpopular. I spend exactly $250 each year supporting candidates. In fact, I have a bank account for that. In 2008 the only person I donated to was Michele Bachman because she was in a tough race, and it was only 100$. This means I have $902.13 with the interest. I will donate 10% to whoever Bishop's challenger is because of this, if he is running behind or close in the polls. So thanks for reminding me. Also, in my district we aren't doing phone banks for the local Congressman, I campaign each year, and will recommend that we do phone banks for Bishop's opponent (since we are in NY already it's easy).

Tim Bishop voted against the wishes of his district, and he will lose his seat. There's nothing you can do about it, and unless the unemployed are planning on donating to him (with the money they don't have) he is dead in the water. I would spent time spamming message boards for Democrats who actually have a hope and prayer of winning.

It's amazing, he supported incredibly unpopular legislation and he's about to get dragged out of the People's House kicking and screaming.

4) I read your websites and they are full of lies. They are coordinated hit pieces designed to promote guilt by association.

So in summary, get lost, and stop spamming this board, there enough stupid threads to last a life, we don't need each person creating threads about each politician they hate/love.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBound47 View Post
1) No one cares.

2) No one cares, this seriously belongs in the politics forums, or at least the LI forum.

3) Tim Bishop is going to lose anyhow, he's down in the polls, he voted for Obamacare despite it being unpopular. I spend exactly $250 each year supporting candidates. In fact, I have a bank account for that. In 2008 the only person I donated to was Michele Bachman because she was in a tough race, and it was only 100$. This means I have $902.13 with the interest. I will donate 10% to whoever Bishop's challenger is because of this, if he is running behind or close in the polls. So thanks for reminding me. Also, in my district we aren't doing phone banks for the local Congressman, I campaign each year, and will recommend that we do phone banks for Bishop's opponent (since we are in NY already it's easy).

Tim Bishop voted against the wishes of his district, and he will lose his seat. There's nothing you can do about it, and unless the unemployed are planning on donating to him (with the money they don't have) he is dead in the water. I would spent time spamming message boards for Democrats who actually have a hope and prayer of winning.

It's amazing, he supported incredibly unpopular legislation and he's about to get dragged out of the People's House kicking and screaming.

4) I read your websites and they are full of lies. They are coordinated hit pieces designed to promote guilt by association.

So in summary, get lost, and stop spamming this board, there enough stupid threads to last a life, we don't need each person creating threads about each politician they hate/love.
This is not about being for Bishop. It's about being against someone who has made a career of sending American jobs overseas. Altschuler is not even running against Bishop at this point anyway, but against two other Republicans for the nomination, so why the paragraphs on Bishop? He is irrelevant to Altschuler at this point.

Office Tiger is a real company and it does one thing: offshores jobs of Americans to other countries. How is that a lie? Randy Altschuler created the company and is currently the co-president of Office Tiger, which is now part of RR Donnelley. That is also not a lie.

I am sorry you are so sad and miserable and need to take it out on people who are just trying to inform others of what further abuses may be coming down the pike for the American working people.

That is all I am trying to do: inform others who are interested in the subject of "Work and Employment" that someone who made his fortune PUTTING AMERICANS OUT OF WORK is trying to get into CONGRESS where he can do even more damage to the American workforce!

Old 09-08-2010, 03:21 PM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBound47 View Post
1) This doesn't belong in the Work/Employment forum.

2) No one cares.

While I can somewhat agree with #1 above, I'm sure the admin/JMT would've moved it to P&C forum if he/she thought that.

As for #2, your job is one that this guy can and would offshore given the opportunity. I'd think at least from that standpoint you would care......

Old 09-08-2010, 03:32 PM

I have a similar thread in P&OC also.

I just thought the people who are concerned about Work & Employment would be interested in the news that an offshore outsourcing kingpin is trying to get into Congress!

If he gets into Congress, it's everyone's problem ... at least everyone who depends on steady employment to make a living!

For those of you that are independently wealthy, rely on no employer, and are on here for kicks to see how the other half lives, sorry for interrupting your amusement!

Old 09-08-2010, 03:43 PM

If most people want this thread out of here, tell me while I can still delete it and I will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies