Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 05:00 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times

Advertisements

Good read from CNSNews.com

CNSNews.com - Obama Added More to National Debt in First 19 Months Than All Presidents from Washington Through Reagan Combined, Says Gov (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/72404 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 05:12 AM

646 posts, read 393,990 times
barry the wonder tool has to blame bush. it's all he's got. I can see the 2012 debates right now. "we don't wanna go back to the policies that got us in this mess in the first place. we don't want to go back to george bush." "but mr. obama, I'm not george bush."

Old 09-09-2010, 05:23 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
It's still Bush's fault and will continue to be, for several years.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:33 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,798 times
Well Bush WAS in office for 8 years and he did practically nothing to change the direct of this country. So yeah in a way it is all his fault. But moreover it's pretty much every President's fault since the 1950s. Reagan, Nixon, Clinton, Carter, Bush I, Bush II, and now Obama. In fact you could easily argue that since 1913 and the inception of the Federal Reserve America has been going bankrupt.

Give me control of a nation's money supply and I care not who makes its laws..............

Old 09-09-2010, 05:38 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post

Other than it being a matter of convenience and desperation on the part of the Dems, why?

Old 09-09-2010, 05:49 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Well Bush WAS in office for 8 years and he did practically nothing to change the direct of this country. So yeah in a way it is all his fault. But moreover it's pretty much every President's fault since the 1950s. Reagan, Nixon, Clinton, Carter, Bush I, Bush II, and now Obama. In fact you could easily argue that since 1913 and the inception of the Federal Reserve America has been going bankrupt.

Give me control of a nation's money supply and I care not who makes its laws..............

Clinton did more to bring us to the point of finacial crisis than all other presidents combined.

Clinton: I Was Wrong to Listen to Wrong Advice Against Regulating Derivatives* - Political Punch

ICKY PEOPLE: Phil Gramm, Bill Clinton Key Culprits in Subprime Meltdown

Clinton's China Two-Step - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace

The Roots of the Subprime Mortgage Mess Have Clinton All Over Them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3ooMrgXido

Of course, he had a lot of help...

YouTube - Barney Frank in 2005: What Housing Bubble?

YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis

YouTube - Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, and Democrats are Clueless on Freddie Mac Fannie Mae and the financial credit crisis.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:57 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Translation: It's Bush's fault until the day after our partisan analysts realize that it results in diminishing returns at the polls. Considering the lessening frequency of the tired adage, I would assume that day is near.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:00 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Good read from CNSNews.com

CNSNews.com - Obama Added More to National Debt in First 19 Months Than All Presidents from Washington Through Reagan Combined, Says Gov (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/72404 - broken link)
1. Basic economic theory is that when a country is having economic issues, it is the time to borrow money, spend it, and create jobs.

I know this isn't popular, and there are those who disagree, but its whats generally accepted as the way to do things. Part of George Bush's problem, and where I disagreed with him, is that when the economy was going well, he continued tax cuts. When we went to war, he continued tax cuts. He deregulated markets that allowed for the credit problems that we had that caused our recession.

So yeah, although Barrack Obama has spent way more than I wanted, I understand why. I disagree with a lot of it, and I feel that the money could have been spent in a much better way.

2. Under the Obama administration, for the last several months the private sectors have been creating more jobs than they have lost.

Most of the jobs that have been lost in the last 6 months, have been government jobs. Why is that? Government downsizing, what the Republicans and many have been asking for. I have been asking for it. So yeah, when the government was SO big before, when they start getting cut back, you will lose jobs. This isn't just a federal thing, its usually a state issue.

3. The economy went to crap starting in late 2005.

The writing was on the wall late in 2005. It started slipping, job growth started slowing, GDP started slowing, the housing market started collapsing. All of that was under the Bush administration, and they did NOTHING.

So after 4 years of watching the economy slip into oblivion, he just turned over the keys to the current President. Like I said, I disagree with a lot of what President Obama has done, or the lack thereof, but blaming the economy on him, and not Bush, is silly. We all know what started this crap, we all know when it started.

What I blame President Obama for is concentrating on issues that were unimportant to the overall economy. Healthcare, cap and trade, crap like that. He should have been focused only on jobs, jobs, jobs. He should have been focused on ending the stupid endless wars that we are in. And the stimulus money should have been spent on public works projects, instead of wall street bailouts. Of course, who started bailing out the banks and wall street? It wasn't Barry.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:04 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
They blame Bush, but what did he actually do to put the economy in the gutter?

He blocked federal aid to abortions. Ya, that killed the economy.

He blocked partial abortions. Ya, that killed the economy.

The Federal Marriage Amendment, which acknowledged civil unions. Ya, that killed the economy.

He created massive AIDS relief fund. Took a little of our money to do it, but it didn't push us over the edge.

Bush approved both sides of the evolution vs. higher power, be taught in school. Ya, that killed the economy.

Bush's $1.35 trillion tax cut program. Ya, that killed the economy.

He tried to impose tariffs, but those were lifted after the Progressives and World Trade Organization, that Bill Clinton got us and China involved in, threw a fit. Ya, that killed the economy. He was definitely going in the right direction there!!!

No child left behind. Ya, that killed the economy.

Increasing funding for the Sciences. Ya, that killed the economy.

Got the Medicare Act signed. Ya, that killed the economy.

Space funding to get NASA moving. Ya, that killed the economy.

Withdrawal from the Kyoto Protocol, the anti-ballistic missile treaty, and International Criminal court. Ya, those killed the economy.

His administration's boycott of Arafat, over Palestinian, in wake of rising violence. Ya, that killed the economy.

President Bush's approval rating rose to 90% the highest approval rating recorded for any president, ever. Ya, that killed the economy.

The Patriot Act... Ya, that killed the economy.

He tried to reform SS, but the Democrates accused the President and other Republicans of creating a Social Security scare, and that the program was not in as much danger as the Republicans had claimed. Ya, that killed the economy.

The Energy Policy Act. Ya, that killed the economy.

Military spending up 26% after Clinton nearly wiped out our military Reagan had built up. Ya, that killed the economy.

2006 mid-terms. Now, we are getting someplace... Here is your economy killer.
Barney Frank was put in control of the Housing and Finance committees.
The two very things that were not watched over to see and get a hold of what was happening.

So don't blame it on Bush, he didn't really do much. You can fully blame Bill Clinton for getting us into NAFTA and the WTO, along with Barney Frank and his oversight of the housing and financial sectors.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:08 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They blame Bush, but what did he actually do to put the economy in the gutter?

He blocked federal aid to abortions. Ya, that killed the economy.

He blocked partial abortions. Ya, that killed the economy.

The Federal Marriage Amendment, which acknowledged civil unions. Ya, that killed the economy.

He created massive AIDS relief fund. Took a little of our money to do it, but it didn't push us over the edge.

Bush approved both sides of the evolution vs. higher power, be taught in school. Ya, that killed the economy.

Bush's $1.35 trillion tax cut program. Ya, that killed the economy.

He tried to impose tariffs, but those were lifted after the Progressives and World Trade Organization, that Bill Clinton got us and China involved in, threw a fit. Ya, that killed the economy. He was definitely going in the right direction there!!!

No child left behind. Ya, that killed the economy.

Increasing funding for the Sciences. Ya, that killed the economy.

Got the Medicare Act signed. Ya, that killed the economy.

Space funding to get NASA moving. Ya, that killed the economy.

Withdrawal from the Kyoto Protocol, the anti-ballistic missile treaty, and International Criminal court. Ya, those killed the economy.

His administration's boycott of Arafat, over Palestinian, in wake of rising violence. Ya, that killed the economy.

President Bush's approval rating rose to 90% the highest approval rating recorded for any president, ever. Ya, that killed the economy.

The Patriot Act... Ya, that killed the economy.

He tried to reform SS, but the Democrates accused the President and other Republicans of creating a Social Security scare, and that the program was not in as much danger as the Republicans had claimed. Ya, that killed the economy.

The Energy Policy Act. Ya, that killed the economy.

Military spending up 26% after Clinton nearly wiped out our military Reagan had built up. Ya, that killed the economy.

2006 mid-terms. Now, we are getting someplace... Here is your economy killer.
Barney Frank was put in control of the Housing and Finance committees.
The two very things that were not watched over to see and get a hold of what was happening.

So don't blame it on Bush, he didn't really do much. You can fully blame Bill Clinton for getting us into NAFTA and the WTO, along with Barney Frank and his oversight of the housing and financial sectors.

Iraq

Tax cuts during a time of war (first time EVER in American history that any President had ever done this)

Deregulation of markets

Thats my top three.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies