Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 09:55 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
As disgusted I am of Beck and Palin, I say let them make their money, it's a free country. If they can find idiots who are willing to shill out their hard earned money to make Beck and Palin rich, good for them. A fool and his money is how the saying goes. In this tough economy, kudos to anyone lucky enough to make a buck. Don't like Beck's and Paln's shameless manipulation of 9/11 to fatten their bank accounts, don't contribute to it, I sure as hell am not.
agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 10:55 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
As disgusted I am of Beck and Palin, I say let them make their money, it's a free country. If they can find idiots who are willing to shill out their hard earned money to make Beck and Palin rich, good for them. A fool and his money is how the saying goes. In this tough economy, kudos to anyone lucky enough to make a buck. Don't like Beck's and Paln's shameless manipulation of 9/11 to fatten their bank accounts, don't contribute to it, I sure as hell am not.
I always wonder how they get people to pay $100 to attend these events, then again th Rev Terry Jones in Florida has 50 followers, the Rev Jim Jones had 100's. I have to believe our education system has failed us.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:07 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,843,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
That this despicable woman will profit off the backs of the September 11th dead is an outrage. I can't imagine how much shrieking there would be if President Obama was charging money for an event to commemorate the terrorist attacks. OMG, the more I think about it, the angrier I get. She has left no doubt that she's nothing more than a common w#0re.
wh+re definition: A woman who charges money for sex.

unhinged definition: Jill61

Old 09-09-2010, 11:11 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Event promoter Christopher Cox says the 9/11 date is a coincidence. Cox originally eyed Sept. 4, but
didn’t want to compete with the Alaska State Fair.

How about 9/18 you friggin' idiot?

TBO.com - News From AP (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ALASKA_PALIN_BECK?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US - broken link)

Old 09-09-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
wh+re definition: A woman who charges money for sex<snip>
3: A venal or unscrupulous person.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:19 AM

59 posts, read 51,575 times
Those dirty bastards! How dare they!

Some body better arrest Toby Keith and tell him not to write any more pro-military or 9/11 related songs. Outrageous!

When will the evil right wing war profiteering end??!!!

Old 09-09-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Event promoter Christopher Cox says the 9/11 date is a coincidence. Cox originally eyed Sept. 4, but

TBO.com - News From AP (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ALASKA_PALIN_BECK?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US - broken link)
Yes its the mother of all coincidences but now it has become the entire focus. wasn't August 28 or September 18 or open?

"Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck are appearing together in Anchorage, Alaska Saturday to mark the anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks"

Old 09-09-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drudger View Post
Those dirty bastards! How dare they!

Some body better arrest Toby Keith and tell him not to write any more pro-military or 9/11 related songs. Outrageous!

When will the evil right wing war profiteering end??!!!
An entertainer with "talent" is different than someone who just uses 9/11 as the entire focus for their own personal gain. I do beleive most of Keith's earning go to charity by the way. I would compare this more to Rudy Giuliani who asked his donors to send in $9.11 to help his campaign not to mention his public speaking circuits to cash for his own gain.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:35 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post

Who cares what day they picked? There are a lot of events happening that day dealing with 9/11, not dealing with 9/11, etc. So what? You pick THIS event to take issue with. Solely because who is speaking. Just like you did with the Honor Rally. You care less about the message, more about the person(s) there.

Get Over It! This does NOT affect you nor your brothers and sisters of hate/jealousy. They are charging, so what? Not one person is being forced to spend money on this. Nothing happening at this event, will hurt the essence, remembrance of 9/11. It adds to it if anything.

I said it many times, but Ill say it again. Perhaps it will sink in someday. I wish you and others would spend as much time looking into the crooks in Washington who actually run this country, as you do being obsessed with a talk radio/tv host. Beck doesnt affect you. Palin isnt affecting you. You dont see a dozen new (insert big mouth liberal host here) threads here everyday. And trust me, we could post at least a few new worthy threads dealing with what the liberal talkers say/do, every day if we truly wanted to. The fact is, most of us realize they are just far left hateful morons with no audience that dont affect us. We also realize the media doesnt take them to task and post every single thing they say that is "controversial" like they do the likes of Beck and Limbaugh.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes its the mother of all coincidences but now it has become the entire focus. wasn't August 28 or September 18 or open?

"Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck are appearing together in Anchorage, Alaska Saturday to mark the anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks"
Yes and they even have a wet bar so their minions can get wasted and honor 9/11 victims....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies