Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 07:06 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Illustrates Muslim lack of self control perhaps???
So if there are Christians who have demonstrated a lack of self control we can assume that all Christians lack self control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 07:06 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
HD, What do the numbers look like in the Philippines, as I belive these muslims are a fair nusiance there. I really don't know, I just don't like walking around looking over my shoulder, and wondering what's under that other guys vest! I don't agree with things that go BOOM much.
Well given that the Moro in the Philippines are actually natives who have been majority Muslim for more than 500 years and predate the arrival of Christianity, the argument could be made in Mindanao that it's the Christians who are a "fair nuisance" there.

If you find that you worry constantly about suicide bombers, I would suggest Xanax.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:08 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
That's just a logically fallacious argument besides he's still a member of the Parliament
That wasn't an argument at all. It was a snarky comment designed to simply dismiss your own logically fallacious argument that spawned it.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:08 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
So if there are Christians who have demonstrated a lack of self control we can assume that all Christians lack self control.
Perhaps you missed it but the reason the guy in Florida shouldn't burn their book is because Muslims would get outraged and be violent...

It was considered a 'National Security' issue as violence was expected.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Well given that the Moro in the Philippines are actually natives who have been majority Muslim for more than 500 years and predate the arrival of Christianity, the argument could be made in Mindanao that it's the Christians who are a "fair nuisance" there.

If you find that you worry constantly about suicide bombers, I would suggest Xanax.
You remind me of those Germans before WWII...

Old 09-09-2010, 07:17 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And that is the problem. Muslims in Western countries shouldn't even think about Sharia, they don't need Sharia, they have sane and sensible laws to live under.

The first thing Muslims must do is stop threatening to kill those Muslims who would prefer to convert to more tolerant and sensible religions. They must adapt and allow freedom of religion.
But they can not, because that would be a moderate approach. It's apostacy and death or remain Muslim -- even if you were a Christian who converted to Islam.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:26 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,006 times
This thread is right on the money. I have quite a few Muslim friends and they wonder the same thing too. As I explained in another thread, one of them is gay. He is not allowed in ANY Mosque, nor will any local Imam teach him about the Quran. He is attending a local Christian church here in the DFW area. So many American Muslims are quiet, when it comes to the violence that their fellow brethren commit against other peoples(I am including Buddists, Hindu's, other non-radical Muslims, Jews, Christians, Agnostics, etc) around the world. My friends just shake their heads(and yes have spoken out against the said violence in our townhall meetings) in disgust about the image that many around the world have about Muslims, but understand why that is.......

Old 09-09-2010, 07:27 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Perhaps you missed it but the reason the guy in Florida shouldn't burn their book is because Muslims would get outraged and be violent...

It was considered a 'National Security' issue as violence was expected.
No I didn't miss it.

How does quoting or pointing out the actions non-moderate Muslims provide insight on how moderate Muslims will behave?

Old 09-09-2010, 07:28 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
LOL HD, I don't do pills or meds very often certinaly not of any muslims yet.. I object to them blowing up air planes over Scotland, pushing cripples off cruise ships, killing olympics players, flying into the towers, attempt to blowing up the before mentioned planes. Blowing up trains is Spain, killing movie goers in Russia, breaking both English and French Laws.

I object to the cutting off of hands and feet, running cars over 8 year old boys caught stealing bread. The way they treat women, the way they treat other than muslims, and the list just goes on.

If they were to come and try me all I can say is they better bring a lot of body bags. I have several of the same type of popular weapons they have so they fer sure will need em.

No one is going to hack off my head with the dullest knife in the shed in this life time.

I don't need any more proof to understand they are dangerous unwantton killers. That fact was proven long ago. I don't see pandering to them improves anything either. You give them one inch and they come back demanding a mile.

Their book is full of pain, punishments, and crime in the name of Allah.

Maybe when i get done reading mine, i will use it for the best use it has toliet paper.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
No I didn't miss it.

How does quoting or pointing out the actions non-moderate Muslims provide insight on how moderate Muslims will behave?
I have my doubts if there are really that many 'moderates'...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies