Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 11:18 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,010,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
What does the public school system have to do with whether or not your daughter received medication? Your doctor and the parent decide whether or not a child should receive medication. Were you not her parent while she was attending public school? Why did they make the decision? I am confused.
you obviously have not had a young child in the public school system recently with an impatient tenured teacher.It happens every day this ads crap. my oldest daughter is a school teacher in Wyoming so I know. My youngest daughter works at a juvenile jail and deals with it to, let's just say I'm surrounded by it. we are a country on drugs. maybe that's our problem, big pharmacy has all the answers with gov backing and financing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 11:21 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,258,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
you obviously have not had a young child in the public school system recently with an impatient tenured teacher.It happens every day this ads crap. my oldest daughter is a school teacher in Wyoming so I know. My youngest daughter works at a juvenile jail and deals with it to, let's just say I'm surrounded by it. we are a country on drugs. maybe that's our problem, big pharmacy has all the answers with gov backing and financing
That is simply not factual. A school can't force a child to take medication without the parent's consent particularly Ritalin, Adderal and other ADD medication. The only time the government can intercede on behalf of the parent and force treatment is if the child's life is at stake such as if she was suffering from acute bacterial meningitis and her parents tried to refuse antibiotics, the state can then interfere and treat the child. However, the same does not hold true for these types of medication. Nice try though!

Old 09-08-2010, 11:23 PM

767 posts, read 488,125 times
When schools start teaching common sense like this, I'll enroll my kid. In the meantime, It's home schooling to learn the truthiness.

Instead they teach them blasphemy like this

Old 09-08-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
But I thought the home-schooled feel their education was better so why would they care what others think? And if the "attack dogs come after them" can't they defend themselves? After all, they were home-schooled so shouldn't they be able to defend their position?
because they are educated and secure in life. No need to defend themselves . that is for watching the others do. and they can be funny at times so silly looking for someone else to blame cause they cant afford a mirror

Old 09-08-2010, 11:26 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,535,563 times
Quote:
I have 2 children in public elementary school, I am at the school nearly every day. I have never seen what you are describing. Our school will try many different tacks if children have learning disabilities or attention issues. I know very few kids that are medicated, and those few tend to have other issues in addition to their learning impairments. Parents should be the only people who will ultimately make decisions regarding medications for children. Perhaps it depends on the school, but my school genuinely wants what is best for the child, not just a more co-operative zombie.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
because they are educated and secure in life. No need to defend themselves . that is for watching the others do. and they can be funny at times so silly looking for someone else to blame cause they cant afford a mirror
So if they were secure with themselves, why would they not admit they were home-schooled if they responded on this thread? Why would they care what others think?

Old 09-08-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I have 2 children in public elementary school, I am at the school nearly every day. I have never seen what you are describing. Our school will try many different tacks if children have learning disabilities or attention issues. I know very few kids that are medicated, and those few tend to have other issues in addition to their learning impairments. Parents should be the only people who will ultimately make decisions regarding medications for children. Perhaps it depends on the school, but my school genuinely wants what is best for the child, not just a more co-operative zombie.
That is irrespective of the type of school. NO SCHOOL can force children to take attention deficit medication. It's simply not legal. Parfleche is just making that up. It's completely fabricated. The parent's consent is required. Furthermore, if a minor is determined to be competent by a physician and refuses to take those meds even if the parent consents, the minor can refuse.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
That is simply not factual. A school can't force a child to take medication without the parent's consent particularly Ritalin, Adderal and other ADD medication. The only time the government can intercede on behalf of the parent and force treatment is if the child's life is at stake such as if she was suffering from acute bacterial meningitis and her parents tried to refuse antibiotics, the state can then interfere and force the child to take the antibiotics. However, the same does not hold true for these types of medication. Nice try though!
think what you will, we went pretty far down the road before I pulled her out. I was newly divorced with costody my ex is a progressive RN letting it happen and even sued me for 50% costody which I won. all that had a bad effect on daughter and she became a real problem even violent which mushrumed into the school and police being involved. I dont know why I need to explain this to anyone. we are now like 2 peas in a pod with no drugs good grief

Old 09-08-2010, 11:35 PM

767 posts, read 488,125 times
Quote:
think what you will, we went pretty far down the road before I pulled her out. I was newly divorced with costody my ex is a progressive RN letting it happen and even sued me for 50% costody
Sounds like the issue you have should be with your ex and not the school.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
So if they were secure with themselves, why would they not admit they were home-schooled if they responded on this thread? Why would they care what others think?
I really dont know why dont you go find out and let us know Dr Phill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies