Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 08:44 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph107 View Post
I think he has scared the hell out of the financial industry so much that they will not even provide mortgages.

If you get a new mortgage there is a 95% chance it is from the federal government. (it however is just be serviced by a bank--statements ect)
the contraction in lending occured before Obama was even in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownVentura View Post
He did not ever intend to implement any of the republican ideas. It was just for show.
i don't think that's a fair shake.

take healthcare. what Obama really wanted was to take a baseball bat to the insurers, and set up a single-payer European style plan. with taxation, he wanted a VAT, if i remember correctly. in war, he wanted to pull out very quickly.

all of these policies ended up as compromises with the Republicans, some for better, some for worse.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:48 AM

146 posts, read 155,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
the contraction in lending occured before Obama was even in office.

Alot of the collapse we saw in 2008 was in anticipation of an anti business radical that was to be taking office.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:50 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,620,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
In your opinion what was the ONE biggest mistake made by President Obama since he took office?

Please don't just say the issue (like the economy, big government, Iran, the border, gay rights, the oil spill, global warming, bailouts, etc.) but say specifically what he did or didn't do to make it what you consider to be his biggest mistake. I suspect liberals/progressives think he at least made one mistake even if it is different than the mistakes non-liberals/progressives mention so I hope everyone weighs in.
HCR
The Stimulus

Those are 2 things...but I can't really separate them. Both were idiotic.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Alot of the collapse we saw in 2008 was in anticipation of an anti business radical that was to be taking office.
right, i'm sure that the failure of Lehman Brothers following a multitrillion dollar decade-long malinvestment into consumption-based debt, occuring alongside the ending of a 3 decade bond market rally, had nothing to do with it.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:57 AM

720 posts, read 691,696 times
The fact I have heard NOTHING from him about what ruf ruf said last night on CNN..Still waiting..Oh wait, I forgot the radicals have laid in waiting for the US to be in the week state it is in, and now we have been given an ultimatum...Thanks Mr. President. DO you think for one minute this douchebag would have said this under any other president, hell even Cater wouldn't have put up with it and he was a douchbag!

Waiting President Obama, will you defend America against this threat? Or tell Americans to bend over?

Old 09-09-2010, 08:57 AM

37 posts, read 42,816 times
Quote:
LOL. Giving $700 billion dollars to businesses is considered anti business? If that's anti anything, I wish Obama was anti me.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:58 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
I'm going with ignoring the polls that showed the American public was not enthusiastic about Obamacare which he made a priority over the issues of unemployment and spending.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:59 AM

146 posts, read 155,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
right, i'm sure that the failure of Lehman Brothers following a multitrillion dollar decade-long malinvestment into consumption-based debt, occuring alongside the ending of a 20-year bond market rally, had nothing to do with it.

The more it became clear that Obama was in, asset classes of all types began to collapse. a deflationary spiral had started

Companies on the edge had no chance.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:00 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
I think he has scared the hell out of the financial industry so much that they will not even provide mortgages.
Oh,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies