Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 05:54 AM

59 posts, read 51,585 times

Advertisements

He's worried about what will happen if it's moved? I'd be worried about what will happen if it doesn't get moved. One or two nuts are going to take it to the extreme.

Then again it would be giving islam a taste of it's own medicine. Hmmm....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 07:08 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
But no, he just comes back from visiting his homeland with threats

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he even went to Kuwait on this trip, and Kuwait is an ally of the US anyway. I wouldn't swear that they don't have a few sympathizers of the fundie extremists, but it's not exactly a hotbed of radicalism.

Why wasn't he saying to his fellow followers of Islam "not a big deal, you DO understand that your craziness killed about 3,000 people and left a lot of kids without a dad or a mom or BOTH".

Because a) only a subgroup of "his fellow followers of Islam" carried out or supported that killing, and b) if he said that to the fundamentalist radicals, you know as well as this imam does what their response would be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies