Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 03:26 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Wonder what Obama offered him or threatened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 03:27 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Okay. So let's get it straight.

You believe that, "These islamofascists need to stop taking offense every time someone looks at them cross-eyed."

So your objective is actually to cause offense?

That seems to be working out very well for you. Congratulations.

Where I come from, though, you learn pretty quickly that the best way to tame a bear rarely includes poking it with a stick.
Nope. I don't think the koran-burning has anything to do with their feelings being hurt, one way or another. The church isn't doing it because they're fragile and their feelings get hurt. They're doing it because they think it's an evil book, and the religion is evil.

My opinion is that they would do much better in life if they didn't take offense every time someone looked cross-eyed at them.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:30 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,073,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Nope. I don't think the koran-burning has anything to do with their feelings being hurt, one way or another. The church isn't doing it because they're fragile and their feelings get hurt. They're doing it because they think it's an evil book, and the religion is evil.
Overcome by events Calvinist. The burning has been canceled.

Must not have been so evil after all.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:36 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,509 times
Quote:

I hadn't heard that....shame if he caved to political correctness.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:29 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,181,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Good. But to the Islamic radicals burning our flag right now....I am whacking the computer screen at you with the bottom of my shoe right now.
Hahahaha

Old 09-09-2010, 08:08 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
These are not rational people and the slightest offense will set them in a tizzy of violent behavior. They are nuts in my opinion and have little to live for except the beheadings of infidels.
And yet, "MotleyCrew", why do I doubt that your "opinion" is greatly informed by many experiences outside the confines of the high school locker room and the Wal-Mart break room, and is of the highest caliber.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:45 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
And yet, "MotleyCrew", why do I doubt that your "opinion" is greatly informed by many experiences outside the confines of the high school locker room and the Wal-Mart break room, and is of the highest caliber.
Is that all you got? You are so cute! You should be a diplomat!!!!

I heard the burning is back on since the Imam broke his word about moving the site of the mosque. I guess the Phelps family church will be burning as well.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:25 PM

527 posts, read 467,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonderwhy2124 View Post
Of course we have more rights. But, you are not getting my main point. I am not talking about laws; I am talking about stuff that happens in society and in the press. Why are Muslims given a pass when they engage in rage, but the slightest provocation by a Westerner causes Muslims to engage in death threats and extremist rallies? Why are they allowed to be more militant in the defense of their religion and identities than we are?
This argument seems to be pervasive here on these forum threads ' why do they pick on us if we protest muslims but they dont say anything when the muslims protest against the U.S' - I dont see a lot of muslims burning flags or bibles or anything here in the U.S.- if you have any evidence of this happening here and NOT in a Muslim country then please present it- those that hate the U.S. and burn effigies of our leaders, flags, etc. are not U.S. citizens engaging in protests here, they are in a foreign country-why would any U.S. media or president or anyone here have anything to say about those muslims in other countries? It is not the same as a U.S. religious leader calling out for an act of hate- it is like comparing apples and oranges-your outrage is misguided-

Old 09-09-2010, 11:51 PM

946 posts, read 2,603,858 times
Quote:

Hahaha long time since I heard (sic) anything so witty or correct.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:49 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaldo5000 View Post
You have all kinds of figures (the President, commanding officer in Afghanistan, etc..) coming out to urge restraint. Do these Muslim regimes and nations ever try to stop anti-Christian or anti-Western outbursts? And why are they allowed to burn things and chant "Death to America", but if we do something that is 1/10 as inflammatory then we are castigated.

The most inflammatory thing that Christians in the West have done is criticize Islam and maybe burn a book. The most inflammatory thing the Muslims have done is oh..I don't know...intentionally murder civilians and stuff.
Hardly. Coalition forces in Afghanistan and elsewhere have killed many innocent men, women, and children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies