Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 08:45 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,862,390 times

Advertisements

I knew thirty-two people killed by Islamic terrorists on 9-11.
One family lost both parents.
Seventeen of those killed were members of my church.

Last edited by ZGACK; 09-11-2010 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: Removed ', the day Islam declared war on civilization by attacking the US and murdering nearly 3000 innocent people.' I apologize if you were offended by that characterization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 08:49 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
I knew thirty-two people killed by Islamic terrorists on 9-11, the day Islam declared war on civilization by attacking the US and murdering nearly 3000 innocent people.
One family lost both parents.
Seventeen of those killed were members of my church.
That is terrible. May they rest in peace.

I lost 84 coworkers, plus other people died who I knew from my daily life, such as the security guard at the door where I came in every day and the workers at Cantor Fitz's cafeteria on 101 (anyone could use it--I sometimes have dreams that I am standing in that cafeteria and then I remember that a plane is coming and I have to get out of there.)

Even after all these years, I still see a photo here and there of someone who died and I recognize the face, even though I didn't know them--I must have seen them in the elevator or outside on the Plaza.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:50 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
Three.

And what was really weird, my name was listed as one of the dead in the time after wards. People kept calling my house to express condolences to my wife. She had a hard time. Indeed the name was the same but a different guy. My heart goes out him and his family as well as to those who lost their loved ones.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:51 AM

475 posts, read 571,471 times
I lost nobody when an extremist group that mainstream practitioners of the religion distance themselves from.

How many people did you lose when Christian terrorists attacked the Oklahoma City Building, the day Christianity declared war on America?

Old 09-11-2010, 08:55 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran View Post
I lost nobody when an extremist group that mainstream practitioners of the religion distance themselves from.

How many people did you lose when Christian terrorists attacked the Oklahoma City Building, the day Christianity declared war on America?
Tim McVeigh was no Christian. And reports have hinted (before 9/11) that he was a sympathizer toward Muslim extremists and did not act alone.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Tim McVeigh was no Christian. And reports have hinted that he was a sympathizer toward Muslim extremists and did not act alone.
Funny, what do Muslims have to do with retaliating for the unconstitutional murder of everyone at the Branch Davidian complex in Waco, Texas? Or with the tyranny of the US government? You know, the issues that caused the attack?

And no, he didn't act alone. There were two others convicted with him.

And he was a lapsed Catholic Republican.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:59 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times
Quote:
Funny, what do Muslims have to do with retaliating for the unconstitutional murder of everyone at the Branch Davidian complex in Waco, Texas? Or with the tyranny of the US government? You know, the issues that caused the attack?

Who the hell cares what religion he was? Or the "terrorists"??!?!
People from all religions do crazy things.

Enough with this religion crap already.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:00 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Quote:

McVeigh wasn't retaliating for the Branch Davidian complex in Waco, TX.

If anything it was Ruby Ridge you're getting your conspiracy theorists confused.

The only people who think that the US government practices tyranny are those who have a problem with the fundamental ideals this country stands by - exactly the same as those Muslim extremists who attacked us on September 11, 2001. People who believe that way should find another country to live in.

http://www.laweekly.com/2004-03-25/n...mothy-mcveigh/

Old 09-11-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Who the hell cares what religion he was? Or the "terrorists"??!?!
People from all religions do crazy things.

Enough with this religion crap already.
Why is it you take offense when I bring up the terroristic actions of Christians under the guise of Christianity, but it's okay to go after Islam when a Muslim does something wrong as minor as jaywalking?

Old 09-11-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
McVeigh wasn't retaliating for the Branch Davidian complex in Waco, TX.

If anything it was Ruby Ridge you're getting your conspiracy theorists confused.

The only people who think that the US government practices tyranny are those who have a problem with the fundamental ideals this country stands by. People who believe that way should find another country to live in.

Secrets of Timothy McVeigh - Page 1 - News - Los Angeles - LA Weekly
The country's fundamental ideals are religious freedom and freedom to live your life the way you see fit.

Take a look around. The government is tyrannical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies