Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2010, 08:54 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,344,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Sure they do. Christianity accepts schisms and the step past schism. The Orthodox and the Catholics are in schism but the Protestants have broken off completely. In fact most Christian denominations excommunicate their members when they go too far out. That doesn't mean they can no longer believe in Christ but they no longer belong to the congregation.

Islam doesn't have that - but we can get it for them. We just have to make them like Westerners including the Westernization of their ideology.
I urge you to read about the Protestant reformation, the inquisitions, and the struggle in Northern Ireland.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 08:56 PM

344 posts, read 198,877 times
Quote:
What you don't realize - there are not different denominations in Islam. It's all the same thing. The Taliban is the same Islam as the rest of them.

It's not like Christianity where you have Baptists, Lutherans, Catholics. Islam doesn't accept any schism - it is one big ideology.
Umm...you're really wrong on just about everything you stated right here. Sunni, Shi'ite, Ahmadiyya, Sufism are different sects (denominations) of Islam.

Not to mention that the Taliban is a political entity with a very specific political ideology. It's not a religion.

Oh, just like in all religions, Islam practices differ by age and location.

Please stop posting nonsense.

47,525 posts, read 69,570,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I urge you to read about the Protestant reformation, the inquisitions, and the struggle in Northern Ireland.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
You're going way into the past. The inquistion? No one is trying to bring in immigrant inquisitors.

But we want Islam to officially divide like Christianity. Christianity did divide and it's the right thing to have for Islam.

1,009 posts, read 2,208,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Muslin being sent out of the United States will never happen because the general population in the US is too apathetic. People don't realize what Islam is all about, they don't realize how dangerous the Muslin religion is to non-believers. Read the book Infidel, educate yourself before it is too late.
The cloth believers are at us again!

2,126 posts, read 2,378,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
I think we can do without the female degradation of a western culture. It's bad enough that women are made to feel like property throughout the third world.. The solution is to get them to pole dance?
Absolutely not. These ideas are garbage . I am a tattooed, nudity woman loving woman of the West who has learned that I work with children of parents who are not always sharing of the sane values. We might be all military but of different values. That's fine. When it comes down to caretaking, I'm there for them..

9,984 posts, read 10,373,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Muslin being sent out of the United States will never happen because the general population in the US is too apathetic. People don't realize what Islam is all about, they don't realize how dangerous the Muslin religion is to non-believers. Read the book Infidel, educate yourself before it is too late.
Na, Muslin being sent out of the United States will never happen because the Chinese produce it at a much lower cost.

Muslim citizens will never be kicked out because it violates the 1st and 14th amendments.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
You're going way into the past. The inquistion? No one is trying to bring in immigrant inquisitors.

But we want Islam to officially divide like Christianity. Christianity did divide and it's the right thing to have for Islam.
Shi'ite and Sunnis are huge divisions. It's like the difference between Catholicism and Protestantism.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:04 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,570,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Califreeman View Post
Umm...you're really wrong on just about everything you stated right here. Sunni, Shi'ite, Ahmadiyya, Sufism are different sects (denominations) of Islam.

Not to mention that the Taliban is a political entity with a very specific political ideology. It's not a religion.

Oh, just like in all religions, Islam practices differ by age and location.

Please stop posting nonsense.
You're actually wrong about Islam's acceptance of many kinds of denominations. Of course they have them but they will insist they don't.

Islam in France and the rest of Europe is definitely NOT assimilating with Western culture.

In the USA we may not be able to get rid of Islam except by recreating it -- but that we must do.

I'm fine with the liberals creating a new kind of Islam the way you want it to be - now the trick is to get the imans to go along with it.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
You're actually wrong about Islam's acceptance of many kinds of denominations. Of course they have them but they will insist they don't.

Islam in France and the rest of Europe is definitely NOT assimilating with Western culture.

In the USA we may not be able to get rid of Islam except by recreating it -- but that we must do.

I'm fine with the liberals creating a new kind of Islam the way you want it to be - now the trick is to get the imans to go along with it.
1) Examples please. I just gave you names of denominations.

2) Not true. In fact my cousin's best friend (White) married a Muslim from Algeria. It really does depend where and socio-economic group. Let me take a guess, you're not French? Ma cousine habite juste en dehors de Paris. My cousin lives right outside of Paris.

3) No.

4) WTF?

Old 09-09-2010, 09:55 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,209,589 times
Quote:
So are you just as open minded toward the Nazis and KKK? Do you believe in not telling them what to do either and are you saying that we should have allowed the Nazis during WWII times to do whatever they were doing?

With Nazis and the KKK, are you content to just "show" them an open society and hope they'll catch on?

I believe the Muslims should be treated the same way we treat Nazis. For one we didn't allow Nazis to immigrate here. But if someone chooses to believe in that ideology, they really need to be watched and death threats they make on anyone need to be taken seriously. A fatwah is a death threat and it's absurd we let imans in the USA get away with making them.
First off, the Nazi party was a political party which took control of Germany under the leadership of Adoph Hitler. It had religious overtones within it but was clearly not a religion. And under Nazi rule, Germany began annexing portions of other countryies and seizing their citizens for forced labor or death. By the time the war ended, one which we kept back from until Germany declared war on us, they had murdered some 12 million people in the death and forced labor camps all across Europe, including Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, dissidents, slavs (who were considered one of the lesser people) and some Americans. Their laws regarding racial and religious identity applied to anyone in their domain, including foreigners trapped by the war and POW's. When soldiers would not identify the Jews in their ranks, the Germans just "guessed". There are a number of books on the treatment of POW's out in the last ten or so years. This is the kind of thing we tried the Germans for. Not their religion. Not their beliefs, or some edict that was not carried out. But actual smoke from crematoriams from the bodies.

The KKK was investigated for the murders of fellow Americans that happened to be black. Individuals were tried and mostly convicted. The KKK still exists, though mostly to spew hate now. The point being that both were condemned because they killed.

There is much ranting here about how Muslems make threats or its part of their laws that such and such should happen. But have they don't any of these things? 9-11 was the act of a radical political arm of a radical sect. We have helped them along by acting just as they wanted us to and helping them recruit. Where are the atorcities and the bodies if we are to do them what we did to the Nazi's and the KKK? Note that it was the Nazi's who deported mass quantities of human beings based on their identity, usually so they could be murdered somewhere else. So, are you saying we should emulate the acts of the Nazi's then?

Our govenment in a shameful act imprisioned the Japanese Americans but they didn't die and it is regarded as a discrace which should not be repeated. I don't defend it, grew up with a mom who's family saved the belongings of a neighbor who was deported, and it should not have been. But I do not claim to understand the minds of others than my grandma and mom, who were quite opposed to the whole idea. And did what they could to help individuals harmed by it.

What is harming ALL of us in the world's eyes and in our own psyche is all the hate being currently spewed. There is no such thing as a mass of people who are all evil. And every chance that in any mass of people there are those who are. And this includes us. The people who are spewing hate now, from ALL sides are worsening things for ALL sides.

If *individuals* make threats then *individuals* can and will be addressed. Making statements with the word "all" never really describes reality because in reality we are individuals who share some sort of belief/identity and we gather, but we are still highly different individuals with our own minds.

When we group all pie lovers into a group and say they will destroy all the apple trees to make their pies so we should send them away we are generalizing. But we'd laugh at it being pie lovers because its abserd. It is equally abserd with other names and objectives substituted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies