Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 11:58 AM

475 posts, read 571,222 times

Advertisements

I don't have a Koran handy or I'd do the same to one.

Will a Book of Mormon do ya? It's a bit bigger so I'll link it http://www.songofthewinds.com/pictures/Guns/BoM.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 12:04 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran View Post
I don't have a Koran handy or I'd do the same to one.

Will a Book of Mormon do ya? It's a bit bigger so I'll link it http://www.songofthewinds.com/pictures/Guns/BoM.jpg (broken link)
Some church group apparently does - so why not just go join them and see if the Muslim reaction is identical to the Christian reaction for what you just posted.

The Koran burning is actually a great test of their readiness to live in the West. Then give one of their religious symbols to Lady Gaga and let her make a lewd video and see how much more ready the Muslims are to live here.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:06 PM

I'm greatly opposed to anything Lady Gaga does. Does that make me a hypocrite? :P

Old 09-11-2010, 12:10 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
It's obvious the general public doesn't want them around. Is it possible to drum them out completely? If you put the question on a national ballot, would it pass? We could always round them up and send them to Mexico or Canada.
Dictatorship of the mob, great

Old 09-11-2010, 12:12 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
It's unbelievable that people want to "drum out" the Muslims from this country. If that doesn't smack of Nazism, I don't know what does.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:38 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Didn't know you have to pick a side. I guess its an american thing that you have to pick a side, then take your pompoms and start cheering for your side.

There is no side.
Quote:
The US has to stop their business in the Middle East
, stop supporting one country over another, one dictator over another and get out of the Middle East. Its none of your business. This is the reason the US was attacked on 9/11. Why do you think your country was attacked?

And no, I do not support terrorism. I don't support any violence, but you usually forget that americans need to start to understand that their intervention in other parts of the world will lead to backlashes.
You mean kinda like France and Great Britain did for years, oh I see. Talk about hypocrisy.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's unbelievable that people want to "drum out" the Muslims from this country. If that doesn't smack of Nazism, I don't know what does.
Unbelievable? How can anyone find it unbelievable?

Do you remember Moshe Weinberg and the Munich massacre? Do you remember 9-11? The thousands of people killed, including passengers on the planes? Do you remember Daniel Pearl? Pope John Paul II? Robert F. Kennedy? Anwar Sadat? The helpless victims in the Sudan? All the many beheaded Indonesians?

You really think we should keep bringing millions of them into this country knowing that their religion teaches them that they are to kill the infidel wherever they find them?

Old 09-11-2010, 12:41 PM

46,957 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Of course it's possible.

Obviously, it would either blatantly violate the Constitution or it would take an amendment so completely opposed to the ideals embodied in the Constitution so as to make it moot, but it could be done.

It would also destroy America.

Look at Germany. For centuries, German was the language of poets and philosophers, thinkers and scientists. It only took a few decades of Germans listening to the evil people in their midst, to give in to their lower instincts of annihilating what was different - and Germany will carry the stigma of that time forever. (In their defense, they do not try to hide the crimes of their ancestors.)

Countries have gone down that path before, to their shame.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:42 PM

Do you remember 1973 when the US murdered the president of Chile because he was of the wrong political party?

Old 09-11-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Of course it's possible.

Obviously, it would either blatantly violate the Constitution or it would take an amendment so completely opposed to the ideals embodied in the Constitution so as to make it moot, but it could be done.

It would also destroy America.

Look at Germany. For centuries, German was the language of poets and philosophers, thinkers and scientists. It only took a few decades of Germans listening to the evil people in their midst, to give in to their lower instincts of annihilating what was different - and Germany will carry the stigma of that time forever. (In their defense, they do not try to hide the crimes of their ancestors.)

Countries have gone down that path before, to their shame.
Look at Spain - Germany was never Muslim. Spain was and it's heroes finally did manage to rid itself of Islamic oppression.

It could be like Iran is today - where women are forced to wear hideous brown sheets over them and no freedom exists. But Spain did what it had to do and today is a free country with beautiful music and people. Women in Spain aren't beaten to death for letting an ankle show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies