Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 01:52 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Negresco View Post
Oh come on! Don't open that door! I say we are different as Muslims and ALL OF US are the same as humans. And you say, no-no-no Muslims kill others. Ok then, let's look back to the history then: (sorry for my English BTW)) ) througout the history people killed each other. Remember massacre of the Saint-Bartholemy in 16th Century? About 30 thousand protestants have been killed over the night. Remember Indians living in North America before Europeans came in? Remember Crusades? Remember British killing 10s thouthands Indians and Muslims in India, Chinese in China, Afganis in Afganistan (Afganistan is "a bit" far from UK, remember?)) )? All those wars in XX Century? Serbians killing Muslims in Kosovo? Russians killing Chechens? You know I would say that for JUSTICE all americans should back pack right now and go back to homecountries in Europe, Asia and other continents. And do not invade into other countries if you don't want s'''t come up to your gate!!!
Live the aborigines alone!!! But for ABSOLUTE JUSTICE all mankind should go back to East Africa where we are all come from, according to scientists, or back to other planets according to others. You see - there's no ABSOLUTE things exept GOD, ALLAH, БОГ, YAHVE .......
So, think twice,...no-no many times before you make statements!

Thank you ALL! God bless you and your families!

Paul, May I ask you how your area is as far as religion? It sounds very different than what we see and hear from other Muslim countries. In fact, with your VERY Christian name here,do you go by that there also?

Old 09-16-2010, 05:49 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Default Bloods, Crips, Islam and tolerance

What do people in foreign countries accomplish when they burn an American flag?

Doesn't cut off our taxpayer money going to their countries. Maybe 'they' should be more like us in terms of getting past insults.

When gang members here and Islamic inspired cultures kill for being 'dissed', there is no room in our culture for either. No compromise is possible.

The splinter group of Islamic terrorists is so large it becomes a formidible and uncompromising enemy who appears to be more of a mainstream arm of Islam. Our prisons are a breeding ground for Islamic recruits and considering the numbers of prisoners that resort back to a criminal life in betwen incarcerations you can bet there is an increased to bump into an Islamic terrorist/criminal. Murder for being dissed goes mainstream when gangs and Islam get together.

So while it is inappropriate by our standards to burn the holy book, a burning might be a litmus test for tolerance.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:20 AM

236 posts, read 387,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
Paul, May I ask you how your area is as far as religion? It sounds very different than what we see and hear from other Muslim countries. In fact, with your VERY Christian name here,do you go by that there also?
Sorry 12GO, I did not understand your questions. Please, clarify what you wanted to ask. This is not my real name though. My real name is a bit less Christian. ))
But it doesn't matter. I'm not that concerned about religion or race, natinality or gender. Violence causes violence. Nothing is eternal, but God.
Where are those huuuge Empires of Romans, Sasanis, Assyrians, Polish-Lithuanians, Maya, Aztecs and Inks? Where is the Great British Empire with the territory of 200 times bigger than the Kingdom mainland? Where's Ottoman Empire holding all Jewish, Christian and Muslim sacred places and all Persian Gulf's Oil rich territories? WHERE ARE THOSE GREAT POWERS???
Please, do not forget this when you speak to others from the position of POWER! REMEMBER, NOTHING IS ETERNAL and NOTHING IS ABSOLUTE, BUT GOD!

Old 09-17-2010, 06:35 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,213,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
This isn't a 1st Amendment question or a Muslim versus Christian debate. I just want to know what do Koran burners and their supporters hope to accomplish. Do you really believe that burning the Koran will succeed in achieving your goal? I'd prefer to hear from the supporters.
To incense fanatic Muslims into massive self inflicted wounds and destruction.

Win/Win
Quote:
Terry Jones, asymmetrical warrior
By Spengler

Meet the Reverend Terry Jones, asymmetrical warrior. It appears that pinpricks can produce chain reactions in the Islamic world.

It is a misperception that America is the main object of Muslim rage. Most Muslim rage is directed against other Muslims. Religious violence perpetrated by Muslims against other Muslims is a routine feature of life in Pakistan, Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Sudan, Lebanon and Afghanistan. Of the 1,868 acts of religious violence listed by the Global Terrorism Database, all but a handful were conducted by Muslims on Muslims. America has done its best to suppress such violence. What if America (or Russia, or India, or China) were to incite it?

Old 09-17-2010, 06:39 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
What do people in foreign countries accomplish when they burn an American flag?

Doesn't cut off our taxpayer money going to their countries. Maybe 'they' should be more like us in terms of getting past insults.

When gang members here and Islamic inspired cultures kill for being 'dissed', there is no room in our culture for either. No compromise is possible.

The splinter group of Islamic terrorists is so large it becomes a formidible and uncompromising enemy who appears to be more of a mainstream arm of Islam. Our prisons are a breeding ground for Islamic recruits and considering the numbers of prisoners that resort back to a criminal life in betwen incarcerations you can bet there is an increased to bump into an Islamic terrorist/criminal. Murder for being dissed goes mainstream when gangs and Islam get together.

So while it is inappropriate by our standards to burn the holy book, a burning might be a litmus test for tolerance.
They aren't really a splinter group. They haven't been excommunicated and the whole problem is that they generally become more involved in Islam, reading the Koran, and going to the mosques as they head into terrorism.

The mullahs are directly behind the terrorism, they do the recruiting. The Muslims who are not religious at all are the safest ones.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:49 PM

767 posts, read 489,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
To incense fanatic Muslims into massive self inflicted wounds and destruction.

Win/Win
So creating massive destruction is your goal. And this is a win/win situation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies