Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 11:14 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaluce View Post
We would observe and compare, how dangerous and fanatical the Religion of Peace is...in contrast to the oft denegraded and disdained Christian religion.

Easy, and great fun beating up on Christians and their Bible, while cowering before and placating the followers of Islam.
Make no bones about it: They both suck and should equally be ridiculed. The quicker we rid man kind of this garbage the better off we'll all be.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:18 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Make no bones about it: They both suck and should equally be ridiculed. The quicker we rid man kind of this garbage the better off we'll all be.

I agree, except there's no question that I have the right to mock Christianity free from concern of Christians demonstrating irrational violence.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:19 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I agree, except there's no question that I have the right to mock Christianity free from concern of Christians demonstrating irrational violence.
I guess you missed the Iraq fiasco...

Old 09-09-2010, 11:22 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I guess you missed the Iraq fiasco...
How does Iraq fit into mocking Christianity and not being afraid of violence???

Old 09-09-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
How does Iraq fit into mocking Christianity and not being afraid of violence???
LOL that's what I was wondering. Perhaps it was a clever metaphor too complex for us to understand?

Old 09-09-2010, 11:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
Did you read the question????

So provocation is the ultimate purpose of burning the Koran?? I put a question mark because your response is muddled and unclear.
Is it worse for those Floridians to burn Korans than for the Pentagon to order the burning of Bibles in Afghanistan? I can't understand that one. Obama, as CIC, ordered those Air Force people who had Bibles that had been printed in Farsi and the second most prominent Afghan language to burn them because they may be considered proselytizing which Muslims just don't like. A group of American Christians paid for those books and were actually the owners but they were destroyed at the order of the Boss. Then yesterday he said that the Americans shouldn't play the same game. I don't understand it unless he means to allow the Muslims to take over here.

How can they get any worse than they have been with the radicals killing so many people in the ways they do? If they start doing that kind of things to our military people we can always let out men loose and let them shoot Muslims without being shot at.

I just don't see them getting worse just because of those books being burned. Who owned those books? I see Obama trying to appease the terrorists and it isn't going to work. They are laughing at us right now since the Christians called off their burning, today.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:38 PM

Obama's going the Neville Chamberlain appeasement route with the radical Islamic fascist.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:43 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
what do you accomplish? other than spreading more hatred and vitriol, antagonizing and provoking people, and making a fool of yourself, nothing.
Yeah, being passive really works in real life. I guess it does if you want to get walked all over and be a revolving doormat.

What you are saying is that taking the "high road", when it comes to crazy Islam extremists, is how everyone needs to go.

It's so funny that you and your ilk are more afraid of Republicans and Sarah Palin, and have NO problem hating them but those who would take you and yours out without a blink of and eye - and permanently...you feel the need to protect in some way? They aren't offering SS or welfare or some "poor you" out. They hate you more than you could ever define the word "hate". Which is why they had no problem taking out THEIR OWN on 9/11 and before and after.

Wake up.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:44 PM

767 posts, read 489,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I want to publicly demonstrate my contempt for that philosophy.

I would love it if other people mocked Islam as well, but I wouldn't expect that. I simply refuse to forfeit my right to express myself or be forced to accommodate the delicate sensibilities of Islamic fascist.
Ok, so it's your right to burn the Koran. Still haven't what do you want to accomplish by demonstrating your contempt for Islam?

Old 09-09-2010, 11:46 PM

767 posts, read 489,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is it worse for those Floridians to burn Korans than for the Pentagon to order the burning of Bibles in Afghanistan? I can't understand that one. Obama, as CIC, ordered those Air Force people who had Bibles that had been printed in Farsi and the second most prominent Afghan language to burn them because they may be considered proselytizing which Muslims just don't like. A group of American Christians paid for those books and were actually the owners but they were destroyed at the order of the Boss. Then yesterday he said that the Americans shouldn't play the same game. I don't understand it unless he means to allow the Muslims to take over here.

How can they get any worse than they have been with the radicals killing so many people in the ways they do? If they start doing that kind of things to our military people we can always let out men loose and let them shoot Muslims without being shot at.

I just don't see them getting worse just because of those books being burned. Who owned those books? I see Obama trying to appease the terrorists and it isn't going to work. They are laughing at us right now since the Christians called off their burning, today.
Still haven't answered the question. I'm not asking whether you should burn it, or whether you have a right to burn it, rather what do you want to accomplish by burning the Koran. It's a very simple question, yet only one or two people have answered the question with a straight answer. When you do something, you do it with the expectation that something will come out of it, otherwise you would not do it. Example, I drank a bottle of beer with the expectation that my thirst will be quenched, and that I might get a little buzz. Do I drink it because it's legal and I have a right to drink, no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies